PDA

View Full Version : Cheese with this Wine?

GreezyRider
30th August 2005, 15:59
Hiyall

I have an 05 883c and after the my 1000 mile service, I notice that there is a slight wine that follows the engine speed. In other words, when I rev my engine, the wine goes up and when the engine speed goes down the wine goes down.

This occurs only when the engine is HOT. Not just warmed up but Hot or after riding 10 miles or so.

Is this normal? Is my primary too tight? Did they use too light of oil? Will this wear out my sprockets?

Regards,
Greez

The_Bishop
30th August 2005, 16:56
Sounds like they adjusted your primary too tight. I'd loosen it up some, like 1/4 to 1/2 a turn, and see if that makes it go away.

GreezyRider
30th August 2005, 17:17
Thanks,

I've never adjusted it before. Is it difficult? Should I bring the bike back and have them do it or should I attempt it myself?

The_Bishop
30th August 2005, 21:16
It's actually pretty easy. Do a search here for "primary adjustment" and you'll find a bunch of threads on the subject.

I'd recommend that you get the Factory Service Manual - That book will pay for itself in short order. It explains *everything*.

Preacher
30th August 2005, 23:02
What are you whining about??? If I had a bike that made wine, I'd save myself a bundle come harvest time....

:D