PDA

View Full Version : Extended Forward Controls -- Headz Up

Gyahmers
3rd January 2005, 17:36
I don't know if this has been posted before or not but I know some of your have wanted extended forward controls for your Sportster in the past. This company sells a set -- albeit a tad pricey IMHO.

If interested check out:

Segar Motorcycle Accessories (http://www.seegercycle.com/cgi-bin/products/details_bike.cgi?2.5.7)

txsporty
3rd January 2005, 17:55
Gyahmers

You Weren't Kidding about Pricey!!!!!!! :yikes

But it sure gave me and Idea about extending my Forwards!!!! :D

Gyahmers
3rd January 2005, 18:28
Gyahmers

You Weren't Kidding about Pricey!!!!!!! :yikes

But it sure gave me and Idea about extending my Forwards!!!! :D
That Yikes! icon cracks me up. :) And your right, the wheels started spinning in my head when I saw them too...

flathead45
3rd January 2005, 18:30
they do look nice , clean lines , small not over powering

if you look at the price of billit forwards they run about the same $399-$599 depending on the maker

collinsb
3rd January 2005, 19:35
Jimmyjoe - Bobbyjean, what say we price these babies at 300!
Bobbyjean - Hey, if their crazy enough to pay 300, they'll pay 400!
Jimmyjoe - Yeah, but if their nutty enough to pay 400, they'll pay 500!
Bobbyjean - OK, but give em a break at 499 so's people ain't gittin screwed!

Gyahmers
3rd January 2005, 19:37
I like the look too although I wouldn't put money on them being made of billit otherwise I believe they would have advertised that fact. And I'm a tight wad with my money. Now price them 100 bucks less and throw in the motor mount brackets for the customs I might consider buying a set.

However, I like them enough to have written them about the brake rod clearance with my Thunderheader exhaust. Paul said this shouldn't be an issue but I wrote him back with pictures of the brake rod on my bike and how the longer brake rod in his kit looks like it won't clear the exhaust without some kind of spacer. I'm waiting for a reply on that one.

And something to consider, the bike shown is pre-04 so I'm sure if the mounting brackets will do the trick on the later model Sportsters 04 and 05. I didn't ask that question because I'm pre-04.

flathead45
3rd January 2005, 19:43
no their not billit but the billit ones don't come with foot pegs at that price

imagine buying forward controls with no foot pegs , what the hell is that all about

txsporty
4th January 2005, 02:49
After seeing them, I believe I could build something similar!!!! :D

Gyahmers
4th January 2005, 03:46
After seeing them, I believe I could build something similar!!!! :D
They gave me a couple of ideas too...

jodart73
4th January 2005, 07:08
Wouldn't a seat to scoot your ass back be a little cheaper?

txsporty
4th January 2005, 11:56
Hell, I paid about $300.00 for the seat I have now!!!! :yikes

Carl-04XL
6th January 2005, 02:39
I got the HD forward's and a windshield (Bugs in the teeth I don't mind. It's the bees down the shirt that really sting. :laugh ) installed by the dealer and it only added $630 or so to the 'out-the-door' price.
I should have gotten a taller 'shield though. :tour