PDA

View Full Version : downloadable service manual???

CuL8R
5th January 2005, 06:02
Does anyone know where one might go to download a factory service manual? You know, like in pdf format. I have an 02 Sporty hugger. My girlfriend found a free downloadable one for her Jap bike throught the forum that she visits and suggested I at least ask.

Geek
5th January 2005, 06:36
That would be pretty sweet. But Harley makes a coin on everything so don't look forward to finding one. Unless somebody maybe get's bored and scans the entire manual then uploads it somewhere. Of course then that would break some patent piracy law/ :shhhh

skooter
5th January 2005, 06:55
So far I haven't heard of one either. It would be copy right infringement that someone could be guilty of if they copied a factory manual and presented it on the internet.

Willard
5th January 2005, 07:46
Why not take a look here . . . .

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=7945397674&category=34236

FastFwd
5th January 2005, 08:04
It's possible I could get bored enough to transcript the manual for my '99 883 Hugger. Could maybe re-do or redraw the pics. Don't know whether that would violate any copyrights or not. I plan on scanning it and burning it to a cd anyway, just for backup. The MoCo could be a savior and put them online, but that would anger the dealers to no end...
If someone needs pictures or procedures from an FM all they would have to do is request for someone to e-mail them the scan of the procedure they are performing. If it is not in the public domain, no foul.
If anyone needs something from my FM, let me know. (That's putting it out there, ain't it?)

bplinson
5th January 2005, 08:35
Like FastFwd says, lots of stuff goes through email. I am sure someone, I do not know who though, may be able to help you out.

BTW did I ever tell anyone that my bike is an '02 and I just happen to have an service manual. I also have a Clymer for the same year.

flathead45
5th January 2005, 13:33
sneaky bert, real sneaky ;)

twinsporty
5th January 2005, 13:40
Hey Bert that's kinda funny as I have an '02 and also have a service manual. Well what do you know :shhhh

Guinnessharp
5th January 2005, 13:45
I have an 04 with the manual, I don't have a scanner but I do pretty well "splaining" what I see! Still waiting for the movers though :cry1

Desertfox
6th January 2005, 00:04
That would be pretty sweet. But Harley makes a coin on everything so don't look forward to finding one. Unless somebody maybe get's bored and scans the entire manual then uploads it somewhere. Of course then that would break some patent piracy law/ :shhhh

Besides at $65.00 a pop (for factory manual) H-D is not about to let it go on line for free. They would have an army of lawyers with doeskin briefcases shutting that down pronto.

:o

flathead45
6th January 2005, 00:52
anybody have a seventy two and a scanner ? lol

gamhill
6th January 2005, 02:07
Might want to take a look at this:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=10960&item=6503255854&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

Don't have a clue how he got around the copyright issues. Maybe he has other years.

cobra0478
6th January 2005, 02:29
Well I guess the moco service manual for my 93 is out in the garage,I could retrieve it if necessary.
Don

HrdlyDangrs
6th January 2005, 03:13
My advise to you.....BUY ONE!! Then its yours to look at whenever you want.....you can take it from the garage to your office....in my case the sh**house where I get most my reading done....to the bedroom....where your probably not getting the other job done right anyway.....and will have lots of time to read it there too!! :smoke

txsporty
6th January 2005, 03:17
I've got the MoCo Service Manual, Part Book, and Clymer for a '03!!!! :D

NYSPORTY
6th January 2005, 04:46
If you go down to harley the manual only cost's about 50 bucks I paid it's worth it

CuL8R
7th January 2005, 20:22
Might want to take a look at this:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=10960&item=6503255854&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

Don't have a clue how he got around the copyright issues. Maybe he has other years.
Thanks! That is almost exactly what I was looking for. Wish me luck on the bid!