PDA

View Full Version : Ironhead Back in the Saddle again...

ironheadmax
1st December 2011, 13:56
I'm leaving on a trip in a couple of hours to pick up my brand new (old but new to me) Ironhead sporty...It's been about a 3yr Hiatus with no bike due to health/financial reasons...I'ts also a basket so I will need a good forum...Just introducing myself...Max from WV ...

PS I plan to take lots of pics with this build so I will post them ...

:banana:banadanc:banana:banadanc

mxr33
1st December 2011, 14:10
welcome to the forum from kc mo. good luck with your build and we love pictures.

The Whammer
1st December 2011, 14:16
+1 Welcome. Glad to hear your health and financial state have improved. Get that sporty back to life!

ironheadmax
1st December 2011, 14:47
I did a "from the ground up" restore on this one about 6 or 7 years ago and cried when it went down the road :-) ...I've had a Shovel and a twin cam since then and I've always missed the Ironhead sporty ... Theres something about the bloody knuckles and the breakdowns...pushing it home etc...etc.. that gives you a real bond with a bike... I didn't have that with the others but the one I built I just loved it...I hope to have that again with this new project...I'm sure I'll be frustrated at times but I can think back to this project and remember how it felt when I got it on the road....It was a blast

http://i1085.photobucket.com/albums/j437/maxamy_2000/acf2d938.jpg

Bob F
1st December 2011, 14:51
Welcome to the XLForum.

jharback
1st December 2011, 15:00
Welcome to the forum from sunny Italy! There's just nothing like an old Ironhead and there's nothing like bringing on back to life. Good luck on the build!

IronMick
1st December 2011, 16:45
Welcome! to the IronHead forum.

lucky23
1st December 2011, 16:46
Welcome! Some good people/info on here.

fireman5
1st December 2011, 17:03
Welcome from Redneck Headquarters here in SC. Good luck with your new build

bigbadgun
1st December 2011, 17:03
Welcome to the forum from South Florida

zakk1775
1st December 2011, 17:13
Welcome. Bet you'll be happy to be riding again. It took me years to any money togeather, kids will bleed you poor. Shoulda pulled out. hind sights always 20/20