PDA

View Full Version : Ticket by mail, from camera?

turfpro
17th September 2005, 01:46
Just got the court stuff for a ticket I never received. Its from the county of Monteray, that I was in for a very breif time when I went on the Hiway 1 ride with Kenny and Eagle. They may receive the same crap.
The due date for the fine is Sept.8, are go to court, and I got it today. Theres also no court date on the paper work, thats on the ticket normaly. Doest say what the ticket was for are any info at all except the fine of $156 are $190 if I do traffic school. These are the same prices that were on my speeding ticket for 10 over locally, So Im guessing its from a camera for speeding? I did blast my pipes though a tunnel in Monteray bay, becides that I wasnt aware of use causing any problems.
:frownone

Moker
17th September 2005, 01:49
call the courts and ask what the ticket was for, as nothing was given on the ticket, explain you just received the ticket and would like to clear this up with them.

jlcrss
17th September 2005, 02:11
That would suck. I honestly feel for ya.

flskevin
17th September 2005, 02:29
I would contest the ticket, I recieved a notice in the mail that my license was going to be suspended because I didn't pay a ticket I recieved in a city I have never been to.

Turns out the ticketing officer had dyslexia and reversed 2 of the plate numbers and wa-la I get a ticket.

indyrednek
17th September 2005, 03:18
If it is photo radar they must provide you with a photo.
Photo radar does not work too well for motorcycles because they cannot positively identify the person riding as well as make out the plate very well.
Another thing is that radar picks up the larger vehicle in it view.
Make them explain what the ticket is for in plain english.

Chris B.
17th September 2005, 04:25
yeah, have them provide you a copy of the pic. get the date and time as well to calculate if you actually were there at the time. Fight it man, if you did not speed, that is a bunch of crap... :frownone

I wonder if it calculated the speed of (2) bikes and added it together?

cantolina
17th September 2005, 04:52
As said above...make them prove EVERYTHING...

There was no officer, so the ticket is quite suspect, according to most State laws....

turfpro
17th September 2005, 06:32
After some research online Ive found that the only tickets by mail are redlight tickets. Monteray county is pretty big and has alot of citys in it that I drove through. I can remeber on that trip that I was last alot of the time, and I do beleive I ran a light are 2 to keep up with everyone.
Im going to request trail by mail, pay the fine, and hope I can get found not guilty and receive a refund. Im not sure its worth driving up there and trying to fight it. Either way they need to send me proof, pics, the ticket, ect. That Ive never seen.

GOTWA
17th September 2005, 07:15
FWIW Turf,

When I was in Alaska, they started photo-radar and red light cams. A couple folks got together, grabbed a lawyer, and challenged the system. They succeeded in gettin it eliminated in the state under the grounds of not being able to face their accusser.

That said, if you know you did wrong, pay it. We all make choices, myself included.

midnitewolf
17th September 2005, 12:55
After some research online Ive found that the only tickets by mail are redlight tickets. Monteray county is pretty big and has alot of citys in it that I drove through. I can remeber on that trip that I was last alot of the time, and I do beleive I ran a light are 2 to keep up with everyone.
Im going to request trail by mail, pay the fine, and hope I can get found not guilty and receive a refund. Im not sure its worth driving up there and trying to fight it. Either way they need to send me proof, pics, the ticket, ect. That Ive never seen.

They usally send the picture , and they are hard to beat because
everyone is examined and if the is any doubt they wont issue a
citation

turfpro
23rd September 2005, 17:09
Your not going to beleive this. I called them today and as soon as I say I didnt receive a ticket, The lady asks are from Tulare county.(yes) She tells me its a big mistake and Tulare county has been sending out notices with Monteray countys info. The notice is from the ticket I got locally, and already took care of. :clap I just looked at the local ticket and the case #s are the same. Its just really weird that would happen within weeks of me going to Monteray which is several hundred miles away.