PDA

View Full Version : Made it home alive in a new cage........

Takingabreak
21st September 2005, 07:19
Hi all.

Well, it's ben a long weekend for me. On Friday I took a one-way flight to Los Angles for my Mommy's birthday, and to take home my Mommy's old car.
My Dad bought her a new Ford 500(Nice car....for a Ford), and I took them out to Dinner at a place called Steak & Stine in Pico Rivera. If you want a classy steak dinner with a baked potato the size of your foot, this is the place for you. The Cheese bread alone it to die for(The cholesterol may just do that too!)
Anyway, my Mom's old car is a 1989 Mercedes Benz 300E, she does not drive on the freeways anymore, so the car has like 80K on it. She has owned it since new, and since they only offered her 1500 in trade, she decided to give it to me instead.
Pictures will follow soon, but the weather is so good up here, I just have to ride for now.
So Saturday I went to start the drive home, but first I met up with Dashadow at Aurthers in La Habra for Breakfast. Bill is a very nice guy, and I will make sure to see him again, and this time the Breakfast is on me Bill(He grabbed the check before i could).
His bike, from the picture in his avaitar has that one-off air cleaner, it a metallic blue custom, and very tricked out, I hope Bill will post more pictures of his bike, it is very cool.
I drove 1200 miles home, got home Sunday night(I wasn't in a big hurry, wanted to enjoy the trip)the Car drove ok, it needs a bit of attention(Already doing some) and well, it's very cool ride.

Predator
21st September 2005, 07:40
Glad it all worked out Jeffy. How's your Dad now? Hope all is well.

PlanB
21st September 2005, 07:46
Glad you got back in one piece, Jeff...we tried to take care of Oregon while you were gone! At least I guarded the McKenzie River Highway this weekend! What a nice ride! Not quite as long as yours, though! I'm glad you got to see your Dad again...that steak place does sound good! Anything like that up in Portland? I'll come up for a steak! I'm waiting on Paradise to call me to tell me my plates are in, and then I coordinate with you for a meeting...well, get some pictures of that Mercedes...I'll bet that's a nice ride! Mike

GOTWA
21st September 2005, 09:19
Cool Jeff. Glad you're home and all went well.

Takingabreak
22nd September 2005, 05:41
Thanks all.

Yes, my Dad is doing better, he is done with the Rad treatments, and the tumor is gone.
He has to have a skin lesion removed, but no big deal, he'll have it done once they get back from Hawaii.
Tried to get a Picture tonight, but it got to dark, maybe tomorrow.

Takingabreak
22nd September 2005, 05:46
Glad you got back in one piece, Jeff...we tried to take care of Oregon while you were gone! At least I guarded the McKenzie River Highway this weekend! What a nice ride! Not quite as long as yours, though! I'm glad you got to see your Dad again...that steak place does sound good! Anything like that up in Portland? I'll come up for a steak! I'm waiting on Paradise to call me to tell me my plates are in, and then I coordinate with you for a meeting...well, get some pictures of that Mercedes...I'll bet that's a nice ride! Mike

I wish, there is a Ruth Criss, but I have yet to go there.
BUT I can take you to the best damn Hamburger you have ever had.

xena
22nd September 2005, 05:57
Can't wait to see pics of the car. That thing ought to last you forever if you take care of it. Must have been a nice ride to take this time of year. Glad to hear your Dad is doing well. :)

DM-SC
22nd September 2005, 17:55
A good friend of mine loves to drive older Mercedes vehicles. It seems as though he's buying a different one to fix up and drive every few months.

Good news, indeed, about your Dad!

Nurple
22nd September 2005, 19:00
JeffyT,
Ruth Chris is the bomb. They cook all there steaks in butter, I mean come on! They also keep a Lipator rep on site. :roflblack Been to several across the counrty, and they are all top notch.

dashadow
22nd September 2005, 20:38
I'm glad your trip back went well and that your Dad's doing well. That's a sweet looking car for 16-17 years old, it looks much newer. If I ever get up north I'll look you up, be sure to do the same next time you come south. I enjoyed our conversation and Arthur's is always a good place for breakfast. If anyone rides through La Habra I recommend it.

Lucifer
22nd September 2005, 21:27
HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY MOMMY! Glad your dad is on the rebound. Enjoy the car and keep the expenses low. Always wanted a place called Swine and Stein (pig and beer). As for Ruth Chris I fix their Lobster tank for them occasionally and they reward me with food. Unfortunately a 100 bucks (gift certificate) won't go very far there.
Live to Ride!

kmssporty05
22nd September 2005, 21:43
JeffyT,
Ruth Chris is the bomb. They cook all there steaks in butter, I mean come on! They also keep a Lipator rep on site. :roflblack Been to several across the counrty, and they are all top notch.

One of my dreams is to have a Ruth Criss steak. I have been saying that for 5 years. Everyone says they are awesome.