PDA

View Full Version : Anyone wanna swap colors?

barry1967
6th January 2005, 22:12
I have a Smokey Gold 04 roadster. I only got the gold cause that's what they had. It's a really nice color but I could dig something else.

Lava Red Sunglo
Black Cherry
Impact Blue

Just throwing this out there to see if there's any interest.

SixMilesFromHell
6th January 2005, 22:15
I like the color of my bike. But, I sure do like that black chery pearl that is available on the '05 models.

thesmithiz
6th January 2005, 22:18
sounds like a good excuse for a custom paint job!!!!!!!! Blood red with hot rod flames!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Shark Doctor
6th January 2005, 22:25
Mine WAS the same color as yours. It's now in the shop for a custom paint job! Not that I didn't like the original... just wanted it to be uniquely mine!

arby
6th January 2005, 23:38
I like the color of my bike. But, I sure do like that black chery pearl that is available on the '05 models.
I second that. If I were ordering a new bike I would go for the Black Cherry. Even though everything I own is blue. :tour
Bob

hero
7th January 2005, 00:45
Caught a 'Sunbeam blue' (at least that's what I thought I heard) Sporty out the corner of my eye on the showroom floor recently. Made me do a double-take... awesome colour.

willprevale
7th January 2005, 00:59
MoCo has always been a fore runner in colors. Anyone remember the Hi-Fi days?

kshapiro
7th January 2005, 01:17
My 2204 is (was) also Smoky Gold by choice. Now the tank has been sprayed black with Smokey Gold flames, and the rear fender is black. I left the front fender SG, as it "bleeds" into the flames, then the black rear end of the tank flows into the now black rear fender. I also have black lightning star wheels, SEII slip ons, forcewinder intake, badlander saddle, 12.5" progressive shocks, and some other "stuff"

Ken

I have a Smokey Gold 04 roadster. I only got the gold cause that's what they had. It's a really nice color but I could dig something else.

Lava Red Sunglo
Black Cherry
Impact Blue

Just throwing this out there to see if there's any interest.

hero
7th January 2005, 01:24
My 2204 is (was) also Smoky Gold by choice.

:yikes Nice to know that Smokey Gold is still gonna be available by 2204... Are those the 300th Anniv. colours then? :p

Rondall
7th January 2005, 18:13
Caught a 'Sunbeam blue' (at least that's what I thought I heard) Sporty out the corner of my eye on the showroom floor recently. Made me do a double-take... awesome colour.

Current 2005 blues are Chopper Blue and Rich Sunglo Blue. But they may call them something else "across the pond". :tour

hero
7th January 2005, 18:24
Yeah that one...the 'sun' thingy... ;) Still a great colour!

gearhead
7th January 2005, 18:35

yea, that blue made me look twice, I wanted a black and got the black, but that blue was impressive. I was -> <- close to changing my mind.

hero
7th January 2005, 18:47
Don't worry Gearhead you made the right decision- everybody knows that black one's are the fastest in anyway.. :p

Barry Clark
8th January 2005, 14:47
HAHAHA! Oh what a difference regional understanding makes! My colloquial understanding of what swapping paint means is you get into an accident and each vehicle gets a little of the other's paint on it. haha. I was briefly under the impression that someone was looking for someone else to hit head on. haha.

Barry Clark
8th January 2005, 14:47
Don't worry Gearhead you made the right decision- everybody knows that black one's are the fastest in anyway.. :p
Yeah, less sun resistance. High reflection creates thermal drag. :laugh

thunderpaw
8th January 2005, 15:31
Yeah, less sun resistance. High reflection creates thermal drag.

Shoot, I always thought black absorbed more sunlight and increased drag...kinda like getting gum stuck on the bottom of your boot :laugh

Kim

ace57
9th January 2005, 03:37
I dunno, I got chopper blue and love it....I didn't like the shade of impact blue as much.
different tastes for everyone ;o)

ace57

rottenralph
9th January 2005, 04:09
Looks like you will have to send it to the painter.

Buckshot
9th January 2005, 04:14
I for one like the smokey gold. The lowrider I just bought is the 2 tone smokey gold and black. I need a personalized tag that says: BLKNT&