PDA

View Full Version : Why should I keep my front fender on?

jimmyheadgear
7th January 2005, 01:06
Rain and water don't count.

I want to lower it, like a few here have done, but then why not just take it off?

How many people here don't have a front fender?

willprevale
7th January 2005, 01:08
well if ya like the rain strip on yer chest and back, I guess it's ok. I wouldn't do it but that's me.

hero
7th January 2005, 01:18
The one or two guys I've known to remove their front fenders (not just Harleys, but any bike) usually put them back on pretty soon, as they end up literally eating the dirt they ride through.. :D But then again, everyone's riding style / terrain may be different, so try it, you might like it.

xllent01
7th January 2005, 01:24
Did not help EVIL KNEIVAL out at all.
No fender may help you spot your landing a little better. :yikes

Just look out for the pea gravel on those dirt roads :laugh

HHahn001
7th January 2005, 02:20
I havent run a fender for a couple of years and dont mind it. The rain however..... well you'll see...or not :tour

txsporty
7th January 2005, 02:56
I have mine On!! Don't like Rain, Dirt, Rocks, and :censor in my Face!!! :D

rottenralph
7th January 2005, 03:13
Looks like crap unless you cut off the fender bosses and do it right.

Barry Clark
7th January 2005, 03:54
Looks like crap unless you cut off the fender bosses and do it right.What he said.

Barry Clark
7th January 2005, 04:00
Rain and water don't count.

I want to lower it, like a few here have done, but then why not just take it off?

How many people here don't have a front fender?Lower the suspension or fender? My fender is kissing the tire as it is so I don't think that lowering the fender would be an option for a bike built like mine. If you mean suspension, why would you have to remove the fender for that? I may just be reading this wrong and I likely am as that just utterly confused me.

My suspension is lowered and my fenders are low-pro' enough to where they don't impede the profile of the bike in an undesirable way. I had one bike that came without a front fender and I gotta say it wasn't worth it. I dodin't notice it missing on clear, notwet/not dry days. Any other time, I didn't notice it missing because I couldn't see anything from all the dust, rocks, mud, water or whatever the hell else was on the road. Only the legs paid until I turned then a little would sqeak past the tank get me right in the face.

Benetampa
7th January 2005, 04:25
Rip that fender off! I've been running mine without it for about six months. When it rains I'm already getting wet anyway. The bike looks great without it, very clean. Don't worry about removing the fender tabs, if you ever want the fender back its a 5 minute job.

Desertfox
8th January 2005, 16:42
I have mine On!! Don't like Rain, Dirt, Rocks, and :censor in my Face!!! :D

Indeed if you like everything you run over to hit you in the face (dog poo, road kill, fresh asphalt) . I used to watch the flat trackers a lot and they would have six or seven layers of clear plastic sheets over their face shields. Every time they would hit the home straight you could se a dozen of these sheets go flying as they tore one layer off after every lap. Fenderless fronts are for racing only as far as I'm concerned . :laugh

collinsb
8th January 2005, 17:02
Rain and water don't count. I want to lower it, like a few here have done, but then why not just take it off? How many people here don't have a front fender?

Engine, bike and you stay cleaner, but then fenders are made to bolt on and bolt off!
Billy

HrdlyDangrs
8th January 2005, 17:27
FRONT FENDER OR NOT FRONT FENDER...That is the question

HRDLY SAYS:

Stock Bike........................................... YES

Full Dresser ......................................... YES

Vintage Bikes....................................... YES

Classic Styled Cafe Racer........................ YES

*Required Race Bike Class Rules............... YES

Street 'Drag Bike'.................................. NOPE

Street 'Chopper'..................................... NEVER !

Street 'Bobber'....................................... NO WAY !!

Rat Bike...........................YOU GOT TO BE :censor KIDDING ME RIGHT ?!!

AND THAT'S HOW I SEE IT........ :smoke

flathead45
8th January 2005, 17:27
I ran fenderless for years , wouldn't even think of having a fender up front then I rode the old ratty flatty with its oversized front mud guard and found I liked not having water thrown in my face from evey wet spot on the rode , bujt like someone said "your gonna get wet in the rain with or without a fender

my personal thoughts are ....

a bike with a short front end sould have a fender
a bike with a long front end sould be nakked

my chopped trump is nekked and my sporty is covered

flathead45
8th January 2005, 17:29
hrdly, rat bikes don't have front fenders cause they can't afford one ;)

HrdlyDangrs
8th January 2005, 17:33
hrdly, rat bikes don't have front fenders cause they can't afford one ;)

EXACTLY!....F :censor K THE FRONT FENDER GODS!! :rolleyes:

flathead45
8th January 2005, 17:37
rat bikes don't have much of anything thats gonna cost $$$$ if its broke and you don't need it , its gone , if its broke and you do need it , its fixed with whatevers at hand (angle iron, twine, ducttape, car parts, ect,ect,ect)

bud095
8th January 2005, 21:05
front fender ,i dont need no stinking front fender!, never have never will! it looks like a fountain in the rain! i love it!

Benetampa
9th January 2005, 16:21
Well said Hrdly!