PDA

View Full Version : who's in Sydney?????

stevo
23rd September 2005, 05:15
looks like I may be flyin to Sydney next week to buy a sporty for the girlfriends brother...

probably tuesday - friday

Who wants ta have a beer???????

Predator
23rd September 2005, 08:25
looks like I may be flyin to Sydney next week to buy a sporty for the girlfriends brother...

probably tuesday - friday

Who wants ta have a beer???????

Not this time but if your around in December i'll hook up with ya. I might be coming home for my bro's wedding early January so i'm thinking i'll make a holiday out of it and spend a month. And probably a kidney.:drinkbeer :drinkbeer

stevo
24th September 2005, 12:25
OK...have done the sums and I don't want to waste time goin to Sydney.....

So it looks like we'll buy the bike and ship it up to me and use the money I would have spent on airfares and accom on the bike....

A far more sensible use of resources in my opinion......

Will get down to Sydney with my bike when i'm ready to race......... I prefer to ride than sit in the passenger seat...

jack82
24th September 2005, 12:40
Stevo..........are there not many S models up your way?.........or are they cheaper in Sydney?..............

Clean S models tend to go for around the 10.......11 $$ in Vic...........

stevo
24th September 2005, 14:42
can't find any up here...........there's a couple at rollies but he wants 14.....

Blacktown HD has a couple...a '98 and an '01...... the '98 has 20,000 and the '01 has 53,000 with a full service history...so I'd say the '01 has been used like a bike should be...

Am lookin at the '01 as from '00 on they had the better brakes....

'00 - '03 S models are the best sporties built.........but they don't hold their value...mine cost me over 17 new..... owes me over twice that now

there's a couple down your way around the 11 mark

If you can find an '00 > S then let us know

crackers
26th September 2005, 00:01
stevo,
you could try these guys
http://www.richardsonsharleydavidson.com.au
i think they did had a '99 1200S for sale last time i was there.

cheers
crackers

Dave downunder
27th September 2005, 12:22
G'day Stevo,

Always keen to meet up with HD owners...especially those who have mechanical skills :D

Know now that you bought the bike on ebay and will not be com'in to Sydney. BUT when you plan to make sure you let us know. I'm with a small HD group that has a dinner every Friday night. It'd be great if you could join us. Ezycruzers is the group.

Please remember to keep in my mind re your customers walla and the other ones you mentioned

See ya soon hopefully....Dave.

alleydude
27th September 2005, 12:26
Been to Sydney. Great city. I remember the Opera House the most, but how could you forget? Any time there's a show with anything about Australia they show the Opera House.

I actually remember more about Perth.

sportysrock
11th May 2007, 00:58
Andy Draper is, that's who. $950 AU Sporty article in May/June 2007 HogTales.

Anybody know him?