PDA

View Full Version : Wanna ride?!

icedoutdesi
28th February 2012, 21:22
Lets get a some people together and ride to skyline drive once the weather gets warm-er? I live close to Old Glory Harley in laurel md, we can have that as a meet up spot or, whatever most people agree to. I think it'll be way cool if its all sportys ridin in a group :)

Auckland
29th February 2012, 02:29
I'm in Pasadena. Also looking for people to ride with. I ride during the weekdays mostly though. I work at night.

icedoutdesi
29th February 2012, 02:44
Are there interesting/scenic-ish roads around your area? I usually have at least one day off during the week. Hopefully next week is good weather. Im game whenever its 50 degrees n up

Auckland
29th February 2012, 10:40
Not much in Pasadena. I met a guy at HD in Annapolis and he took me on a bunch of back roads in Davidsonville. Stopped in front of Travis Pastrana's house. Was pretty cool.

icedoutdesi
29th February 2012, 17:13
I like going to downtown annapolis- and just recently discovered they have motorcycle parking there LoL. Im not familiar with this forum that much, but if there's a way to send a PM, just hit me up anytime you wanna ride and we can meet up around arundel mills or bmore or something and ride

AustinXL
29th February 2012, 17:26
If you head out towards Skyline Drive, let me know - I'll join you in Warrenton on Rt. 211, on the way to Skyline, but just 211 itself is a good ride.

icedoutdesi
29th February 2012, 17:44
Gotcha. Will get in touch w all the people on this thread. Are Sunday good for u guys?

AustinXL
29th February 2012, 17:47
With advanced notice I'm always good for Sat/Sun rides - I'm about to tear the bike down though so it might be out of commission for a weekend or two. I'm out in VA like i said, but you should keep this thread going for all the people in MD/DC/VA who want to get out and ride every now and then, theres good riding around here if you know where to look. You hit it on the head with Skyline Drive.

Auckland
29th February 2012, 23:07
Sat/Sun always sucks for me riding-wise. I have my daughter.

icedoutdesi
29th February 2012, 23:25
Oh gotcha. We'll figure something out bro. Im usually free at least one day during the week so pretty soon it's gunna b ride erryday kinda weather n then we should b good to go anytime

icedoutdesi
1st March 2012, 18:34
Anyone riding today?

Edward78
15th March 2013, 04:20
I know this is a old thread but I love resurrecting old threads. So who is ready for some warm weather and to get together lets make this happen

ReddTigger
15th March 2013, 04:23
Couple of weeks I'll be ready.

Depending on how much I tear apart the bike !!

Need at the least a Clutch.

xllent01
15th March 2013, 04:25
Calvert county they ride all year...atleast some guys at work have been.,

Edward78
15th March 2013, 04:29
Just bought my New to me Sporty from A Calvert County Boy. Its getting inspected now and hopefully have tags on it by tomorrow evening. I totaled my 01 Hugger last year

ReddTigger
15th March 2013, 04:35

Thought you were in carolinas ? Guys at work ? CCNPP ??

Calvert and Saint Marys can ride all year. I rode 51 weeks last year.. but this year I decided to work on the bike..

xllent01
15th March 2013, 04:48
Thought you were in carolinas ? Guys at work ? CCNPP ??

Calvert and Saint Marys can ride all year. I rode 51 weeks last year.. but this year I decided to work on the bike..

Yep, Reside in NC, but I work at CCNPP every Dec-March...staying over towards Callaway/Great Mills right now, tomorrow I cross the Potomac river bridge from Budds Creek side to go work at North Anna nuclear plant in Mineral VA on mon 18th..

Stopped by All American H-D in Hughsville the other day, nice dealership off route 5 on the way to Waldorf, pretty friendly staff

Edward78
23rd March 2013, 12:09
Cleaned up the new ride yesterday and plan to ride over to Renegade Classics in Prince Frederick today they are having a Bike show starting at 9:00

http://i271.photobucket.com/albums/jj126/EdLuvuh78/2001%20Sportster%20XLH%20883%20Hugger/Picture005.jpg

ReddTigger
23rd March 2013, 15:23
Yep, Reside in NC, but I work at CCNPP every Dec-March...staying over towards Callaway/Great Mills right now, tomorrow I cross the Potomac river bridge from Budds Creek side to go work at North Anna nuclear plant in Mineral VA on mon 18th..

Stopped by All American H-D in Hughsville the other day, nice dealership off route 5 on the way to Waldorf, pretty friendly staff
Callaway is a mile from my house, and I use to work at all American.

xllent01
23rd March 2013, 15:37
Callaway is a mile from my house, and I use to work at all American.

Great place...5-6 miles to everything you need...

right now I'm sitting in Virgina knowing it's not much warmer here than it was in MD...nice thing about being 30 minutes from the mountains...Brrrr!

Come on Carolina weather...LOL!

sportbobster
23rd March 2013, 16:18
Im done with a group ride but all the way to Skyline is a haul. Thats a iron butt ride there. Great scenery. I did it several times on my old ZX-11, very comfortable. Just keep the thread updated on date. Like Aukland, I work nites as well.

Edward78
2nd April 2013, 12:30
I'm done with a group ride but all the way to Skyline is a haul. Thats a iron butt ride there. Great scenery. I did it several times on my old ZX-11, very comfortable. Just keep the thread updated on date. Like Aukland, I work nites as well.

Did you do the Skyline Ride with The Southern MD Riders and if so how much of the Skyline Drive did you all ride on. I want to do it on May 4th with them.

sportbobster
2nd April 2013, 13:48
Slight typo...meant to say...Im "down" with the group ride.

I did it like 10yrs ago and it was just my gurl (at the time) and myself. We just went till we got tired, stopped for food and made sure we got back home before it was dark. Plus I lived in D.C. at the time so the ride wasnt that bad plus the ZX-11 was great for long hauls.

Edward78
2nd April 2013, 16:11
Well Me My Father and his Brother are going to do it if the weather is right with the Southern Maryland Riders on May 4th. I have never rode with them guys before but I thought it would be fun to ride with some different people. Hopefully a few guys from this forum will get out there and make the run as well. :clap

ReddTigger
2nd April 2013, 16:14
What is the "southern maryland riders ? "

Edward78
2nd April 2013, 16:22
Just a Riding club that I recently joined but have not road with yet.

http://www.meetup.com/SMR-MD/

Edward78
21st April 2016, 17:24
I love resurrecting old threads. Im ready to ride, what say you

ReddTigger
21st April 2016, 19:17
O gotta work Sat. .. maybe Sunday

VaFish
14th December 2016, 17:48
I love resurrecting old threads. Im ready to ride, what say you

Well its a little cold right now. Weekend looks like crap for weather.

So when it warms up in the spring if you guys head back out to Skyline Drive I may catch up with you as you come past.

pdavis5160
14th December 2016, 17:53
Well its a little cold right now. Weekend looks like crap for weather.

So when it warms up in the spring if you guys head back out to Skyline Drive I may catch up with you as you come past.

You can usually count me in for that...It might even be on the agenda for a ride during the East Coast Meet & Greet.:tour