PDA

View Full Version : 1964 Lambretta

Hogwylde
9th January 2008, 02:08
A dude posted in a local forum that he is looking to get rid of a 1959 Lambretta that has has a seized motor due to sitting idle since 1964 and all he wants is a case of beer. I don't know anything about these things. Are parts still available? Kinda tempted to just to fart around with it.

What do you think?

MacAttack
9th January 2008, 02:10
For a case of beer? In a minute. I'm sure you can find parts on the Internet.

snowman
9th January 2008, 02:32
Whoa....................

What kinda' beer?????????????:geek:geek:geek

jharback
9th January 2008, 02:34
Here's a company in England that specializes in restoring and repairing them.

http://www.lambretta.co.uk/page.html

IronHead88
9th January 2008, 02:35
wow !!! that's a collector's scooter in my country. surely, lots of vintage replacement parts in the internet. worth around $4,500 fully restored.

jimmyess333
9th January 2008, 02:49
There's a big following for those scooters here in Philly and down in Baltimore (it's a scooter, right?).
Anywhere there's a Rockabilly/Punk scene you'll find the old Scooters.
Check with enthusiasts of the Vespa and other Piaggio scooters, that's who I usually see Lambretta owners ride with. Whether you were just going to turn it over for a profit or keep it that's who I'd talk to. You can also check out Mopedarmy.com
Though distictly different, the moped crowd mingles with the scooter crowd a lot.

shotgun46
9th January 2008, 03:11
I think it would be cool to have one just to mess with If you can get it I will give you 2 cases of beer BG !

64physhy
9th January 2008, 03:16
For a case of beer, you can't lose! Even if you just tinker with it for a while then decide to get rid of it.

Rascal
9th January 2008, 03:58
A dude posted in a local forum that he is looking to get rid of a 1959 Lambretta that has has a seized motor due to sitting idle since 1964 and all he wants is a case of beer. I don't know anything about these things. Are parts still available? Kinda tempted to just to fart around with it.

What do you think?

Go for it...if nothing else, you'd have another bike to list in the upper right hand corner of each post. :rolleyes:

Hogwylde
9th January 2008, 04:13
Go for it...if nothing else, you'd have another bike to list in the upper right hand corner of each post. :rolleyes:

ROFL!! Never thought of it THAT way!

Emailed the dude about an hour ago saying I'll take it. Waiting for a response........and where he's at! I am assuming he is relatively nearbye with where he posted

Hogwylde
10th January 2008, 02:06
I was an email too late. Here's his response:

Hey Hogwylde,
Sorry bud but emailer #1 got the Lambretta for a 30 pack of Coors
Light. I have to go in order of response, i hope you understand
Bud............. Rob

:dunno

gersrfc
10th January 2008, 02:14
I have had a few Vespas in my time and just to let you know Lamb's are a pain in the ass to find parts for and when you do find them they are a lot more expensive. Take the bike and sell it on Ebay.unless your a scooter guy I would not touch the motor.

JayFL459
10th January 2008, 02:19
Good Luck with it they are a blast to ride and should get a heck of a lot more than a case of beer for it if can just get it it running again...