PDA

View Full Version : WTF!!! XLF is only #2!!!!

bplinson
20th April 2012, 07:43
I was checking out the XLF stats on Tapatalk and XLF is ranked #2 in popularity in the Harley-Davidson category behind The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective.

Come on guys and gals this just won't do!

We need to be #1!!!!!

K3vl4r
20th April 2012, 07:47
how do we help?

bplinson
20th April 2012, 08:52
You need a smart phone and then install Tapatalk and login to the forum from it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

jharback
20th April 2012, 09:10
Sorry Bert, can't stand smart phones. I don't even like the dumb ones.

Charlie-D
20th April 2012, 19:44
I must be cheap, but I dont see the point in paying 3 dollars for the app when I can just open the forum in the browser on my phone.

Airbozo
20th April 2012, 19:45
Sorry Bert, can't stand smart phones. I don't even like the dumb ones.

ditto.

I hate them even more when I am riding...

Flame_Retardent
20th April 2012, 20:15
I smell like #2 sometimes

pquirk
20th April 2012, 20:29
What's the prize if we win? :dunno

ozark
20th April 2012, 20:30
You need a smart phone and then install Tapatalk and login to the forum from it.

Just a regular phone here. Don't want a phone that's smarter than me. :)

04xl1200c
20th April 2012, 20:46
I have tap talk in fact I am posting this from tap talk :)

CBryant
20th April 2012, 20:55
IMHO this is clearly the best forum! Besides, when did it become a contest?
They may have more hits but we have great content. Probably 'cause we are all out riding while they are sitting around tapping. :laugh

jstrahn
20th April 2012, 21:51
Edit: looks like it is no longer there. Might check back in awhile to see if it comes back.

If you download an app called getjar, you can get Tapatalk for free there.

Get the app, open it and search Tapatalk. That is on Android. Not sure about ios.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

caain
20th April 2012, 21:59
Downloaded and installed a while ago. Though I say popularity ratings based on Tapatalk are biased!! I know way too many people who hate smart phones..

sportytrace
20th April 2012, 22:00
To be honest, I'm surprised we're even number 2 given the recent problems with connecting to XLF through tapatalk....

Big-Ed
20th April 2012, 22:04
I use windows mobile OS on my phone, so I cant get tapatalk for my device..

wedge
20th April 2012, 22:16
So, we are numbher 2 in some category that has nothing to do with what this place is all about? We are #2 in electronic devices? Sorry Bert. I'm lucky to have a computer, never mind a phone that thinks it's smarter than I am.

khaskins
20th April 2012, 22:32
I'm a techie and a geek. Don't really care about connecting to XLFORUM while away from a PC.

DEEP DIVER
20th April 2012, 23:09
WHAT'S A PHONE???

:doh:doh

NI-STR
20th April 2012, 23:44
Sorry Bert. My smart phone is an amazing thing but the small screen frustrates me to no end. So I use the browser only when I have to...like when I get lost:doh

jstrahn
20th April 2012, 23:51
I find it easier to navigate and post from my phone than from a PC at this point.

The one time a PC is nice us when you want to see details on a photo.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

xllent01
20th April 2012, 23:53
Think of the smart phone as a tiny portable computer always keeping you connected to the Internet , kinda handy to have anywhere you go, barely use a PC anymore...

sadly I'm not paying for the Tapa talk feature to hook to the XLF when I can do it for FREE by using my browser!! Sorry Bert! :banana

dflarsen77
20th April 2012, 23:58
I had a good laugh when I went over to the Doof Clenas website. The origin of the name and stuff is pretty funny.

Corpsvett
21st April 2012, 05:40
Doing my best, TapaTalk on the 'droid phone and on the iPad.

redi2ride
21st April 2012, 06:14
Get a droid from cricket. It runs me $60a month flat rate. Unlimited everything!

Sent from my M860 using Tapatalk 2

Rascal
21st April 2012, 11:59
I smell like #2 sometimes

Shit Happens :smoke

bplinson
21st April 2012, 12:21
MAN!!! We have moved down to third! :-(

shaymus
21st April 2012, 13:27
If you have an iphone that is jailbroke, you can get tapatalk through installous for free. Also if you have android you can get it for free at 4shared.com, just search tapatalk .apk. .apk files are for android you can download without having to root your droid.

Big_Baazzoo
21st April 2012, 13:39
what makes tapatalk any better/easier than looking at the forum with my phones browser?

04xl1200c
22nd April 2012, 00:08
what makes tapatalk any better/easier than looking at the forum with my phones browser?

I have a new iPhone while the browser ver of the forum looks like the computer one I like tap talk because you see more posts per page and it loads much much faster! No more scrolling all over to look at stuff u gotta try it out to see when I first got my phone I was a sceptic at first!

Plus a added bonus is that tap talk actually sends very little data so if u need to look something up on the road or a friends house u can do that quickly and without taxing your data plan (if u have one)

sportysrock
22nd April 2012, 00:15
On my PC now, but using Tap A Talk a lot. It's great!

Flame_Retardent
22nd April 2012, 01:58
I had a good laugh when I went over to the Doof Clenas website. The origin of the name and stuff is pretty funny.

He just screwed up the count! :)

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk 2

SportsterBart
22nd April 2012, 02:17

Yeah, could someone learn my ass this as well? What's the benefit?

The forum is just fine on my Droid Bionic, either in the native browser or Firefox.

sportyblue
22nd April 2012, 04:03
OK...logged in using taptaptapatalk

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

rottenralph
22nd April 2012, 04:05
It might be number 1 if you had not had that post months ago about disabling tap a talk. I have not tried since then.

04xl1200c
22nd April 2012, 04:10
The mobile forum is pretty Kool

Daddio
6th July 2012, 12:07
Get a droid from cricket. It runs me $60a month flat rate. Unlimited everything!

Sent from my M860 using Tapatalk 2

Metro PCS is only $45 mo for unlimited everthing but that's per phone so if you have more than 2 phones on a family plan it could get higher than your old bill (my parents like it). I currently have AT&T but only because I need to be on that provider for the company discount (20% off entire bill) and to be able to connect to secure company server on my phone. :geek

superwarden
6th July 2012, 12:29
Sorry Bert, the only apps I pay for are angry birds....

Screw Loose Dan
6th July 2012, 13:18
I had a big long-winded post typed, but I'll spare everyone...

I use tapatalk when I use my phone to surf the forum. Which isn't often.

I dislike tapatalk in general because it doesn't allow me to use the forum like I'm used to and doesn't have some of the little features I use. Another reason to dislike it, it's responsible for the stupid vigilinks that I utterly despise.

Tapatalk does a decent job of formatting the page for a mobile device. I suspect so would a well written (free) mobile CSS stylesheet. :rolleyes:

And some may find this hard to believe, but I don't give a crap what device you use to post to the forum.

Baphomet
6th July 2012, 13:26
I have nothing against smart phones, nor tapatalk. I will download it and log on just to give the count a boost, but I doubt I will continue to use it. My browser works just fine on all the forums I frequent.

Besides, aside from a bit of an ego boost I don't know what the benefit would be except maybe selling more tapatalk apps ... in which case we are playing right into their marketing hands.

shotgun46
6th July 2012, 17:28
I have it on mY Smart Phone and my 89 dollar Internet Tablet

Phillober
6th July 2012, 21:16
if it wasn't for tapatalk I couldn't post all of my nonsensical ramblings at odd hours

04xl1200c
7th July 2012, 00:42
if it wasn't for tapatalk I couldn't post all of my nonsensical ramblings at odd hours

Me too! When I can't sleep I will browse the forum or the Civic forum till i get bored and fall asleep :) my iPhone rocks!!!!