PDA

View Full Version : Best time of the year to ride in South Dakota

nightrider213
4th May 2012, 13:49
Hello everyone! I'm in the process of trying to plan out a motorcycle trip for the year. I'm wanting to ride up in the black hills of South Dakota. I'm not a big fan of sturgis, so I was wondering what time of the year and where y'all would recommend planning a week or so to head out from Little Rock, Ar

Thanks! Any help would be appreciated

MN Mailman
5th May 2012, 02:35
Hello everyone! I'm in the process of trying to plan out a motorcycle trip for the year. I'm wanting to ride up in the black hills of South Dakota. I'm not a big fan of sturgis, so I was wondering what time of the year and where y'all would recommend planning a week or so to head out from Little Rock, Ar

Thanks! Any help would be appreciated

Anytime June through August. The shoulder months on either end can be good, but they can also be bad.

superwarden
5th May 2012, 02:40
I would plan to be there about two days after the rally ends. Still good weather and almost all the riders/tourists have left.

Brad
5th May 2012, 02:45
Me and Parrothead were there for Sturgis, but only spent 1/2 day in town. Lots of open road if you avoid the rally. I suggest August for the trip based on my experience.

Teehaml
5th May 2012, 03:21
Rode my Sporty out there from NJ last June. That was a good time to go. Open roads and open rooms...

crazyred
5th May 2012, 14:13
Anytime June through August. The shoulder months on either end can be good, but they can also be bad.

Yeah that's the best time.