PDA

View Full Version : Bikershangout and some other things of importance

bplinson
19th January 2008, 11:03
Since early June/July of last year there has been quite a bit of animosity between me, some of the XLF members and the some of the admins/moderators and members of bikershangout.com

When the animosity began, instead of doing the right thing and contacting the leadership of BHO about my concerns, I made some hasty decisions which have had an affect on both forums and I believe has created a rift between some of the members that enjoy to visit both forums. There are many people who are members on XLF and BHO and there is no need for any of them to have to feel like they have to take sides and/or not visit one or other of the forums.

I have contacted Choppers, who is the admin at BHO and I have expressed my willingness to end this crap and try to move. I have received a positive response from the BHO leadership and I believe we are on the right track. There have been quite a bit of misunderstanding due to a lack of constructive communication.

There are those who have been banned from XLF because, I believe, they were frustrated at the some of the things that were going on between XLF and BHO and in order to "get back" at XLF or me personally would intentionally stir up crap here. I do not hold this against anyone who may have done this. If anyone who reads this feels that they have been unjustly banned from XLF and wish to be unbanned please contact me.

My message here does not change or remove any of the guidelines that I have for content of XLF posts and threads.

Basically I am clearing the slate of those old infractions or bans if the person who have received infractions or bans in the past. All I ask of those people is to respect the guidelines that I have put in place for XLF. If there is anyone who does not know what the guidelines are they can be found here:

http://www.xlforum.net/xlpages/xldisclaimer.htm

http://xlforum.net/vbportal/forums/showthread.php?t=13

http://xlforum.net/vbportal/forums/showthread.php?t=27494

http://xlforum.net/vbportal/forums/showthread.php?t=3402

This does not mean that no one will be banned in the future. I may be a bit less quick to ban as I was in the past. I will try to work out any concern that I have with that person and hopefully that person and I can come to an agreement or understanding. If not, well....

I am not an unreasonable person. I created XLF so that people all over the world could communicate and share their passion and enthusiasm about Sportster and Buell motorcycles. It does not make me feel good to take certain actions where a person would not longer be able to participate in XLF but sometimes it is necessary when one person or a group of people believe that the guidelines do not apply to them. Unfortunately when you have a forum with over 10000 active members there will be those that feel this way...it is just their nature.

I am not saying that there should be no arguing or heated discussion, but discussions on XLF need to remain civil. There is never a need to personally insult, threaten another member or intentionally attempt to hurt another. If anyone feels the need to do this, please do not use XLF as your platform for this.

I am not saying that everyone here need to like each other or get along. It would be ridiculous and unreasonable for me to believe that. Someone at sometime is gonna write something that may unintentionally offend another.

So I hope we can all get past this crap. If someone feels I have treated them unfairly please feel free to contact me. Maybe we can work it out, I don't know.

I would like to thank XLF and BHO member NoTolerance for knocking me upside the head and getting us gong back in the right direction.

jamman
19th January 2008, 16:20
Chopper, Myself and the staff, at the BHO, are in agreement, the animosity must end. we all will strive to get along. Please read The BHO rules, as they are different from the XLF's.
We are a open adult BIKER forum, editting and deleting threads is not our style. But we will take steps nessacary to remain civil. looking forward to see you all on the boards.. Ride Free..
Jamman , BHO Admin.

Thanks N.T. for the nudge..

buckhorns
19th January 2008, 16:53
I belong to both sites and enjoy them both. Different formats for sure. Glad problem solved.

ed_in_az
19th January 2008, 17:13
All I ask Bert is that you please continue your high XLF standards. If it ends up with "chew" spit all over the floor, smelling like stale beer, with nude pics all over the walls I'll have to go back to the text format Yahoo group that I got started in ... just to keep peace in my home.;)

flathead45
19th January 2008, 17:30
well is chopper going to do the same or are you the only guy being nice ?

bplinson
19th January 2008, 17:35
All I ask Bert is that you please continue your high XLF standards. If it ends up with "chew" spit all over the floor, smelling like stale beer, with nude pics all over the walls I'll have to go back to the text format Yahoo group that I got started in ... just to keep peace in my home.;)

Ain't gonna happen.

bplinson
19th January 2008, 17:37

I don't know what you mean. If you mean will he unban people from XLF that have been banned from BHO I suggest you take that up with him or some of the other BHO admins.

Gone
19th January 2008, 17:44
If it weren't for this post I would not have known about bikershangout....thanks...now I have somewhere else to read about bikes!

jamman
19th January 2008, 17:46

We are being nice..

jamman
19th January 2008, 19:30

you are reinstated

flathead45
19th January 2008, 19:31
ya, thanks...I think:smoke

cantolina
19th January 2008, 20:41
If the BS ACTUALLY stops...I, for one, will be very impressed with EVERYONE'S level of maturity...

I'm certainly not interested in maintaining the way things have been....

debster
19th January 2008, 21:12
Glad to hear it. Kudos all around for burying the hatchet.

rottenralph
19th January 2008, 21:14
So much drama, so little time. Life is beautiful.

NoTolerance
19th January 2008, 22:08

BHO and XLF are similar in some ways, sure, but they're decidedly different. That's exactly why there's no reason they can't coexist. The only thing that's changing at either site is the doing away with the level of disrespect that's been shown up until this point.

You don't have to belong to both sites, but neither should you have to choose one over the other. Join both if you want: the experiences are different at each.

As for wiping slates clean: BHO is encouraging members who were banned or had their accounts restricted at XLF to contact Bert. I'd encourage XLF members that were banned from BHO to do the same: contact chopper or jamman. All requests (at both sites, I'd think) will be handled on a case-by-case basis.

Personally, I'm glad Bert restricted my account here. I was going to let it slide, but it really started eating at me, so I sent an email which I really didn't expect to hear back on. I was surprised to find a rather eloquent reply in my Inbox the next day from Bert. The rest, as they say, is history.

Good job to the mods and admins on both sides of the fence for being level-headed enough to work this through!

hoosier xlc
19th January 2008, 22:37
Very well put NT!

xena
19th January 2008, 22:54
I wasn't even aware there was still anything brewing. Shows how out of the loop I am. lol.
I can only hope for the future that whoever wishes to, can enjoy this forum for what it is and let it be at that. Tippin my pint o guinness to you all!

Oh and GO PATS, WOOT!!!!!!!!!

DC in PHX
19th January 2008, 23:25
I was unaware of the situation, but congrats to all involved!

It is nice to see old friends work things out:)

DC

Phaedrus
19th January 2008, 23:41
I was unaware as well, sounds like two rival biker gangs who "patch things up"

XLFREAK
19th January 2008, 23:52
I knew I shouldn't have bought a girl's bike...
:doh

Glad to see this is all water under the bridge.:D

Ole
20th January 2008, 00:06
*SIGH*

I still can't find that dang moose...

:banasad

PlanB
20th January 2008, 00:23
*SIGH*

They're stealthy little bastids!

http://hessey.org/north%20america/canada%202007/can%20024.JPG

DC in PHX
20th January 2008, 01:48
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BhY1fxQXa3A

Group hug???

:p

DC

Horse
20th January 2008, 01:54
Why oh why did I click that video.

milmat1
20th January 2008, 01:57
I check in on both, But always seem to migrate back to here...

Congrats to all envolved And Acting like Grown ups !!!

gammaqueen
20th January 2008, 04:24
I hope that we never have to go through anything like this again. If everyone would respect each other and treat each other like they would like to be treated things would not have gotten so out of control. I love both sites and would hate to have to make a choice between them. We are all family here. Like others said, everyone will not like everyone, but everyone should at least respect everyone.

wabiker
20th January 2008, 07:02
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BhY1fxQXa3A

Group hug???

DC
heh heh heh heh heh heh heh heh heh heh..... :smoke

CHOPPERS
20th January 2008, 10:11
I am glad its over. Bert is a good man and I respect him and xlf. I hope we can put all this b-s behind us.

LiLBrudder
20th January 2008, 11:02
I've been a member on both sites for some time now. I also am glad to see the B-S come to an end!!! My hats off to bert, choppers, NT and all the others that made this happen!!!

lawdawg
20th January 2008, 11:15
*SIGH*

I saw 4 of em last night at work....bang bang. Brown is down!

Prebs
20th January 2008, 17:16
Glad to see the white flag go up... Both sides are different and unique in their own way! and hope members on both sides can experience both sites if they have not signed up yet.

wabiker
20th January 2008, 17:22
Prebbie..!! *sigh*

Paulie420
21st January 2008, 02:20
I'm still an idiot - HA HA HA HA HA HA HA.

Hot Rod Sporty
21st January 2008, 02:25
you are reinstated

Wooo Hooo!

Congrats Flatty!

;)

Hot Rod Sporty
21st January 2008, 02:28
*SIGH*

....Just send 'sis out as bait....:p

Hot Rod Sporty
21st January 2008, 02:32
AWWWWWWWWWWWWWW............

WHIRLED PEAS!!!!!!!! :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap

Can Klown come back now?

:sofa

:spank:spank:spank

:smilerev

(this place is just not the same without him....)

XLFREAK
22nd January 2008, 00:28
Send in the Klowns!

:banarasta:banarasta:banarasta

DC in PHX
22nd January 2008, 01:55
Why oh why did I click that video.

Yeah, I threw up a little bit myself:p

DC

Moved On / My Own Choice
22nd January 2008, 02:38
All I'm gonna say is

FOR ONCE

I HAD ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO DO WITH ANY OF THE CONTROVERSY!!!!

;)

Paulie420
22nd January 2008, 03:16
Send in the Klowns!

I like the Klown too!
+1

wandrur
22nd January 2008, 04:02
It's nice (and rare) to see adults stop acting like children and start acting like adults. Me, I was clueless (no surprise there?) as to the hubbub going on, but I'm glad that the lords of the web have congressed to address the BS factor that was apparently going off the charts.

You folks make being a part of the motorcycling community that much better, so for that I thank you. Glad things are on the mend.

sprtrjl
22nd January 2008, 04:15
If it weren't for this post I would not have known about bikershangout....thanks...now I have somewhere else to read about bikes!

Me either, I did sign up to check it out.

ed_in_az
22nd January 2008, 15:31
Send in the Klowns!

:not

No :censor Klown

Hot Rod Sporty
22nd January 2008, 15:53
:not

No :censor Klown

YOU JUST CAN'T HANDLE THE KLOWN!!!

:p:p:p:p:p:p:p

:smoke

C'mon Ed!!! You, Klown, Jaws, Wiz and Tom were the ones that kept the P&R forum fun!!!

ed_in_az
22nd January 2008, 16:07

C'mon Ed!!! You, Klown, Jaws, Wiz and Tom were the ones that kept the P&R forum fun!!!

You're right about one thing. I have NEVER handled the klown. For your sake, if you do, wear protection. He's a vile creature. Jaws is almost human since escaping klowns grasp. Wiz has withered. And Tom must have found a life and moved on. I've just been enjoying the fresh air.:smoke

The world would be a better place without all the klowns.

Clarinetcat
22nd January 2008, 16:37
It's nice to know that everyone is kissing and making up, but...
When all is said and done, I think this is what's really most important:

Oh and GO PATS, WOOT!!!!!!!!!

http://www.kickeronline.ro/files/Majorete_Patriots_kicker.jpg

gomorley
22nd January 2008, 16:41
You're right about one thing. I have NEVER handled the klown. For your sake, if you do, wear protection. He's a vile creature. Jaws is almost human since escaping klowns grasp. Wiz has withered. And Tom must have found a life and moved on. I've just been enjoying the fresh air.:smoke

I'm not sure who is the k/clown!!!!!!!!

ed_in_az
22nd January 2008, 16:45
I'm not sure who is the k/clown!!!!!!!!

You're one of the lucky ones. Consider yourself blessed.:clap

gomorley
22nd January 2008, 16:49
You're one of the lucky ones. Consider yourself blessed.:clap
Can he really be so bad?

ed_in_az
22nd January 2008, 16:56
Can he really be so bad?

Well, I was going to direct you to his profile so you could view his posts, but it is gone, removed, deleted. THAT should give you a clue right there.:rolleyes:

gomorley
22nd January 2008, 17:03
Can he really be so bad?

Well, I was going to direct you to his profile so you could view his posts, but it is gone, removed, deleted. THAT should give you a clue right there.:rolleyes:

I gather he was baned for bad mouthing other members!:wonderlan

Ole
22nd January 2008, 17:39
Uh...yah...anyway...

...umm...where's that moose again?

:roflblack

ed_in_az
22nd January 2008, 17:45
Uh...yah...anyway...

...umm...where's that moose again?

:roflblack

http://xlforum.net/photopost/data/500/klown_moose.jpg

Hot Rod Sporty
22nd January 2008, 17:51
Can he really be so bad?

Klown just revels in pushing someone's buttons (someone who is susceptible) and stirring sh1t.....it entertains him, and usually ends up with someone being pissed off at him (which I think he enjoys, as well). He's not a bad guy at all, he just has a warped sense of humor. He'll dis your opinion just to see if he can get a rise out of you. If he does, he'll try to push you till you're screaming angry, then he'll drop it and leave you fuming, while he sits back and chuckles...which is pretty funny unless you're the victim (Ed?) :laugh

He has in the past talked sh1t about some members and their kin, which was probably over the line (I haven't read them all), and that's why he finally got banned.

With that said, Klown has a lot to offer in terms of good advice...technical and personal.

He's genuinely interested in being a member here, again. He's making an effort ....

It's completely up to Bert (I know you have your own issues with Klown, and that's your business)... but my vote (if I have one) is to give him another chance... :smoke

...it's not like he threatened to physically hurt anyone....:shhhh

ed_in_az
22nd January 2008, 17:58
Opinions are like :censor

Some people are :censor

I don't consider it a fault being able to tell the difference.:D

gomorley
22nd January 2008, 17:58
Klown just revels in pushing someone's buttons (someone who is susceptible) and stirring sh1t.....it entertains him, and usually ends up with someone being pissed off at him (which I think he enjoys, as well). He's not a bad guy at all, he just has a warped sense of humor. He'll dis your opinion just to see if he can get a rise out of you. If he does, he'll try to push you till you're screaming angry, then he'll drop it and leave you fuming, while he sits back and chuckles...which is pretty funny unless you're the victim (Ed?) :laugh

He has in the past talked sh1t about some members and their kin, which was probably over the line (I haven't read them all), and that's why he finally got banned.

With that said, Klown has a lot to offer in terms of good advice...technical and personal.

He's genuinely interested in being a member here, again. He's making an effort ....

It's completely up to Bert (I know you have your own issues with Klown, and that's your business)... but my vote (if I have one) is to give him another chance... :smoke

...it's not like he threatened to physically hurt anyone....:shhhh

That sounds like some common sense to me.

gomorley
22nd January 2008, 18:00

So are we not entitled to our opinions?:wonderlan

xena
22nd January 2008, 18:01
Guys nobody is voting, and I'd like to say
lets not fuel the fire by even continuing
the discussion centered around one person.
This is how crap starts brewing so lets end it here ok?
If you have anything you wish to discuss, please
pm bplinson.
Thanks for understanding.

Hot Rod Sporty
22nd January 2008, 18:09

I don't consider it a fault being able to tell the difference.:D

:mirror

;)

:shhhh

bplinson
22nd January 2008, 18:09
Klown will not be unbanned at this time. We can leave it at that. If you want to converse with him he is easy to find.

Hot Rod Sporty
22nd January 2008, 18:11
pm bplinson.

You're probably right....

....I'll stop now....:smoke

CaptEvo
22nd January 2008, 18:17
I heard that Nightboy and MissyD know there is an amnesty program going on and should be back soon...:wonderlan

Torkil???? Is that you Torkil???

Clarinetcat
22nd January 2008, 20:07
He'll dis your opinion just to see if he can get a rise out of you. If he does, he'll try to push you till you're screaming angry, then he'll drop it and leave you fuming, while he sits back and chuckles...which is pretty funny unless you're the victim (Ed?) :laugh

I think that happens to Ed more often than not... :p

JayFL459
22nd January 2008, 20:19
pm bplinson.

My Thoughts Exactly ....

ed_in_az
22nd January 2008, 20:24

Wow, so much for "let's agree to disagree". No dissenting views allowed.

:nosee

Hot Rod Sporty
22nd January 2008, 21:49

He's like Kev about loud pipes.....

....just can't help but take the bait....:doh

Clarinetcat
22nd January 2008, 22:06
He's like Kev about loud pipes.....

....just can't help but take the bait....:doh

http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f297/liseepooh/untitled3.jpg

:wonderlan

Hot Rod Sporty
22nd January 2008, 22:22
http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f297/liseepooh/untitled3.jpg

:wonderlan

You're makin' me feel all nostalgic....:smoke

ed_in_az
22nd January 2008, 22:33
Well, there goes the neighborhood. :p

Hot Rod Sporty
22nd January 2008, 23:56
Well, there goes the neighborhood. :p

:laugh:laugh:laugh

BWP 5p
23rd January 2008, 00:16
All I'm gonna say is

FOR ONCE

I HAD ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO DO WITH ANY OF THE CONTROVERSY!!!!

;)

Kev.....How in the world is that possible:doh:laugh:laugh:laugh:D

Moved On / My Own Choice
23rd January 2008, 16:42
Kev.....How in the world is that possible:doh:laugh:laugh:laugh:D

Well, it had nothing to do with PRACTICE that's for damn sure... :wonderlan ;)

jaws
23rd January 2008, 16:59

Ed...that vein on your forehead started to swell again, huh? Feel the blood rushing in...the red haze blurring your vision?

As long as you don't think I'm completely human, I'm still doing ok. ;) :laugh :clap

jaws
23rd January 2008, 17:06

Ahhh we must not forget PQ, planb, avnsteve, uncledaddy, crash, blueglide and everyones favorite town clown (with a c) MM1.

ed_in_az
23rd January 2008, 17:10
Ed...that vein on your forehead started to swell again, huh? Feel the blood rushing in...the red haze blurring your vision?

As long as you don't think I'm completely human, I'm still doing ok. ;) :laugh :clap

I'm glad you recognized it as a compliment.;)
:banarock

I think we've even agreed a time or two in klowns absence.:shhhh

druber13
23rd January 2008, 17:45
All the threads @ bikershangout that trash talk anyone from this forum has been either closed or removed. It seems like this one has turned in to a trash Klown thread. Somebody oughta close this thread, talk about beating a dead horse! JMO

gomorley
23rd January 2008, 17:50
I gather he was baned for bad mouthing other members!:wonderlan

All the threads @ bikershangout that trash talk anyone from this forum has been either closed or removed. It seems like this one has turned in to a trash Klown thread. Somebody oughta close this thread, talk about beating a dead horse! JMO

As I said in post 52!:doh