PDA

View Full Version : Who has Bought Tires Online

Deicer18
20th October 2005, 19:35
Ok. I'm ready to buy a rear tire for my '05 custom and need to know who is the most reliable and quite frankly, reasonably priced online dealers. I called Bumpus HD in Memphis and they want $147 for ....tire only. Seems a little steep for a Dunlop D401. I'm interested in Metzlers, Continentals, Dunlops. I don't need true high performance as I ride at moderate speeds. What I am looking for is durable, comfortable riding tires. I got 11k on my rear now and just getting into the wear indicators.

So, tell me. Who is the best to deal with?????

Thanks

dwardy
20th October 2005, 19:58
I spent a great deal of time looking all over the net at tire pricing. The best deal I found on the stock Dunlops was at http://www.accwhse.com/dunlop.htm.

Dunlop D401 100/90H19 Front Tire with Harley Sidewall - $77.95 (includes shipping)
Dunlop D401 130/90HB16 Rear Tire with Harley Sidewall - $90.95 (includes shipping)
Dunlop D401 150/80HB16 Rear Tire with Harley Sidewall (for you later model Sporty owners) - $101.95 (includes shipping)

Deicer18
20th October 2005, 20:01
Thanks Dwardy. Have you delt with them yourself? reliable???

Ole
20th October 2005, 20:13
I just bought a front and a back from Cycle Spot (http://www.cyclespot.com/) when I got back from Sturgis this year. No b.s. from them and when I called for clarification on something the guy on the phone said he could take my order over the phone or I could do it through the web site. He also said that he could figure out what my stock tires were for me instead of my looking them up. The order arrived quickly (under five business days I believe) without a hitch.

YMMV but I'll be going back to them.

Bikerdude
20th October 2005, 20:35
I bought BOTH front and rear Dunlop's last year from an aftermarket dealer on ebay which were identical to what my HD dealer would have sold me.($8 UPS) I saved $60 at least and then took them to my dealer to install. I'm lucky my dealer will do that($50 hr labor). Many dealers will NOT install anything unless you bought it from them.:smoke

Deicer18
20th October 2005, 20:41
I have an indy that will mount and balance for $25 each.....either rear or front.

Ole
20th October 2005, 20:44
My indy did it for $30/tire...you drop the scooter (not the rims) off with them and they'll call you when it's done...:p

Sportster Girl
20th October 2005, 20:47
My indy did it for $30/tire...you drop the scooter (not the rims) off with them and they'll call you when it's done...:p

That IS sweet! :clap

Deicer18
20th October 2005, 21:25

same with my indy

Shu
20th October 2005, 21:37
I bought mine through these guys. http://www.tiresunlimited.com/default.htm

Great prices, shipping and service.

As far as installing the rear tire, you can do it yourself with a couple of protected tire irons. Balancing is optional :) Mine was balanced once upon a time but the stick on weight must not have liked spinning round and round that fast:) Haven't seen it since the day they balanced it. OR if you carry it in to your dealer or indy, a lot will mount/balance it for a few bucks, then you an re-install it.

OHHHH and ask about free shipping. I know from time to time they have those great prices and free shipping...I just happened to luck into that deal.

Shu
20th October 2005, 21:42
One more thing. Dunlops come with a yellow dot on the sidewall, that is to be lined up with the valve stem.

Lucifer
20th October 2005, 22:57
Hey Deicer,
Just bought a 150- 401 Dunlop from Ron Ayres Motorsports for $98.30 shipped to my door. Have been using them for a few years now and never any worries. If we're running Dunlops that is where we will be getting them. Ordered last Tuesday and got the tire on last Friday and installed it on Sat. I am in their Database though, so it might speed things up a tad. Changed it myself in a couple of hours!
Live to Ride!

cadiero
21st October 2005, 00:32
I've bought tires from these guys
http://www.americanmototire.com/

Always lowest prices around and super fast shipping. They are always reliable and helpful if you have any questions.

dwardy
21st October 2005, 02:51
Thanks Dwardy. Have you delt with them yourself? reliable???

Yes. I've ordered from them a couple times with no issues.

gilx
21st October 2005, 04:20
Ok. I'm ready to buy a rear tire for my '05 custom and need to know who is the most reliable and quite frankly, reasonably priced online dealers...So, tell me. Who is the best to deal with?????Thanks

I was tremendously satisfied with Southwest Moto Tires (http://arizonamoto.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=SFNT&Store_Code=SWMT)

Here is what I got, note the free shipping:

136-2431 Dunlop D402 MH90-21 Front 1 $71.95 $71.95
136-6144 Dunlop D401 150/80HB-16 Rear 1 $95.95 $95.95
Shipping: SWMT Shipping: $0.00
Sales Tax: $0.00
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Total: $167.90

To do the job, I bought the TireQwik Deluxe (http://www.tireqwik.com/tireqwik/index.html) tire changing and balancing tools for $200 and it was still cheaper than it would have been for me to have the local dealer do it. My first tire change paid for the tools. My next and all future tire changes, now that I have all the tools, will be at 1/2 dealer price :banana

Alasportster
21st October 2005, 09:14
If you check around carefully, you can find the Dunlop 401HD 150/90 - 16 in shops for 90.00 - 100.00

Moved On / My Own Choice
21st October 2005, 13:35
I spent a great deal of time looking all over the net at tire pricing. The best deal I found on the stock Dunlops was at http://www.accwhse.com/dunlop.htm.

Dunlop D401 100/90H19 Front Tire with Harley Sidewall - $77.95 (includes shipping)
Dunlop D401 130/90HB16 Rear Tire with Harley Sidewall - $90.95 (includes shipping)
Dunlop D401 150/80HB16 Rear Tire with Harley Sidewall (for you later model Sporty owners) - $101.95 (includes shipping)

WARNING THESE PEOPLE ARE MOTHER-F@#%#$@#$ ASSHO!@#%@#%$LES

Couple of stories for you.

I've had some buds get the wrong tires from them (not the customer's fault, the buttheads shipped a different product than was ordered) and they at first tried to deny an exchange, then they refused to cover shipping back to the warehouse.

I ordered a pair of riding pants for my SIL (a deployed Marine) and when she came back and found they didn't fit (cause the sizes were WAY screwed up) they FLAT REFUSED to exchange them. Thing is I ordered ON THE PHONE AND SPECIFICALLY EXPLAINED MY CONCERN REGARDING EXCHANGE and they told me it was no problem. I struggled for weeks trying to get them to exchange the pants, phone calls, letters, they basically told us to F#$%@# off... I went directly to the pants manufacturer who did a courtesy exchange for me, but they certainly didn't have too.

Lastly, I checked with the BBB about them. Seems their such ASS@#%#%#$% that they no longer accept any complaints or arbitration. Seems the BBB was getting too many complaints from them.... :frownthre

Gone
27th October 2005, 02:20
I'll put in a vote for american motorcycle tire. They were the cheapest for my Avons and shipped fast.

starbuck
27th October 2005, 02:32
J&P Cycles, might not be the cheapest but shipping always on time less than a week and their customer service is tops.

sunkenloot
27th October 2005, 16:21
I ordered a butt load of parts from MAW and never have had any problems with them. I guess it just hit or miss sometimes.

JWA
27th October 2005, 17:31
I got my Metzeler ME880s from Azmotorsports. Alway had good service.

Metzeler ME880's Marathon ME880 80/90H-21 Front 78.20
Metzeler ME880's Marathon 130/90HB-16 Rear 98.90