PDA

View Full Version : Peanut tank bags?

johnnysquire
25th October 2005, 17:59
Does anyone have a tank bag that works well on the peanut tank? I'm looking for something functional while I save up for a pillion, sissy bar and rack so I can take the bike on errands as an excuse to ride.:tour

Preacher
25th October 2005, 18:23
I have one, bought it at a sport bike store, but it is the magnetic type and will scratch the paint easily. Check your local metric accessory store for one that will fit... they had 3 or 4 of the right size when I went in.

Big_Baazzoo
25th October 2005, 18:52
I got mine from a Honda dealer. I don't know why Harley don't sell 'em...it's an "Image" issue I guess. In the city, I use it so I can bring the whole thing into work with me. No way am I leaving anything in leather saddlebags, It's gone. Some places, I take saddlebags off before I go or they might be gone when I come back!

AZbiker
5th November 2005, 20:00
Does anyone have a tank bag that works well on the peanut tank? I'm looking for something functional while I save up for a pillion, sissy bar and rack so I can take the bike on errands as an excuse to ride.:tour

I use a Teknic "Freeway" model. Not the nicest model, but retails for only $50.

I think Marsee and RKA both make models that fit the peanut tank, but I don't remember which ones. The Marsee will retail for about $120, and the RKA for $160. Both of which are much nicer than the Teknic. If you are interested in those brands, a search of the archives at sportster.org should turn something up.

thatbikerguy
5th November 2005, 20:15
I got mine from a Honda dealer. I don't know why Harley don't sell 'em...it's an "Image" issue I guess. In the city, I use it so I can bring the whole thing into work with me. No way am I leaving anything in leather saddlebags, It's gone. Some places, I take saddlebags off before I go or they might be gone when I come back!
Saw some at my local H.D. store about$45