PDA

View Full Version : What do I do now?

XLFREAK
26th October 2005, 20:33
Well I have the funds to do some HP upgrades- I have a Stage 1 completed & would like to get into the 90-100hp range. If I went with the SE cams -what else would I need with the cams to make everything work together for a benefit?

Shamdog
26th October 2005, 20:40
Talk to NRHS. I would think Stage 2 heads, 10.5:1 pistons, and the SE 575 cam would get you close to 90 RWHP

Lucifer
26th October 2005, 21:05
I agree with shamdog. Will have to clearance everything with the XL pro cams but plenty of bang for the buck. Probably want to work on the exhaust
system as there is probably a bunch of reversion going on with the opened up drags. I'd match that intake to the heads if necessary (probably). Sure can't hurt any. With ported heads, cams, and a better exhaust I would think 90 HP would be easy. May also want to invest in a tunable ignition as the SE doesn't allow for much tuning. Plenty of cool stuff out there to buy. I'm assuming you know nothing about porting heads, correct? I would think a good clean up on the heads (already have big valves and decent flow), valve springs, and push rods, XL pro camshafts, matching your big intake, and a new exhaust system and you should be real close to your goal. Check with NRHS as this is what they do! Also I think EC1250R has done a couple of these engines and dyno'd them!
Live to Ride!

XLFREAK
26th October 2005, 22:05
I do now that my new exhaust will be the RB Racing Pro Stock 2 into1 pipes:banana

Am-hd
26th October 2005, 23:55
do a 1250 kit that will make sure you get up there with the cams etc. With the 1250 kit you will not have to rev it so hard and will have more torque with the HP. Agin talk to HRHS they do these kits

XLFREAK
27th October 2005, 10:01
Anyone have that 1250 done?