PDA

View Full Version : So I get an email from Chicago Harley

XLFREAK
15th January 2005, 15:10
25% off Genuine HD Parts and Accessories, Free Shipping this weekend. :clap

And I've been putting off doing the 1200 Conversion on my bike, well, partly because of the intimidation factor of getting that deep into my bike, partly because we've had some pretty decent riding weather even though it's winter, and partly because I really don't want to spend the money right now.

But, damn.... 25% off, no tax, and free shipping... WOW.

So now I'm sitting here with Firefox open and two tabs, one going to this forum, and one going to the old forum, the SE catalog open in Acrobat, and a spreadsheet open in Excel figuring out prices.

Now I need to figure out what gaskets I need... :D

raysheen
15th January 2005, 15:16
So now I'm sitting here with Firefox open and two tabs, one going to this forum, and one going to the old forum, the SE catalog open in Acrobat, and a spreadsheet open in Excel figuring out prices.

Yep that sounds about right...sounds like me right before a purchase! :D Good luck!

As for gaskets, I like the factory ones and the James ones but different people will like different gaskets for different reasons...for just a simple 1200 conversion I like the factory top end gasket kit.

txsporty
15th January 2005, 15:17
Is that offer open to everyone or just people that have been emailed about it?? :D

Gyahmers
15th January 2005, 15:28
Hard to beat that deal and I've been looking at some parts I would like to get.

But I'm wondering why after spending well over 2 grand online with them I don't get an email? :( Hmmm, I'll be calling them about that.

Gyahmers
15th January 2005, 16:12
I just called Chicago Harley and the sale is on through Tues. 25% off with a small handling charge that is less than actual shipping.

For those of us that didn't receive an email it's b/c we are not on thier email list. You must subscribe to thier newsletter to receive email form them. You can subscribe to thier newletter on thier home page.

Chicago Harley/Buell (http://chicagoharleydavidson.com/)

Chicago Harley Parts (https://www.chicagoharley.com/2frames/2frame.html)

rider1951
15th January 2005, 17:02
Dang and I was thinking of ordering a Mustang seat now maybe I'll have to look at a Sundowner. hummmm.............

XLFREAK
15th January 2005, 17:05
If I do this, I guess I'm putting an SV on hold for another year. :D

vetteguy
15th January 2005, 18:50
I'm going to have to check that out! Thanks, Guy

sportster1200dad
22nd January 2005, 17:11
Dang and I was thinking of ordering a Mustang seat now maybe I'll have to look at a Sundowner. hummmm.............

I'd highly recommend a Mustang seat. It took 6-8 weeks but worth the wait and extra dollars. I can ride my Sportster as long as I want. HD seats started hurting for me after 30 miles or so. Check out my pics in the Gallery.

I went with their wide stuff. (Not that I'm big butted) It doesn't look sleek, but I was going for comfort and it is very comfortable. I'm sure the regular vintage is comfy too if you don't like the wide.

rider1951
22nd January 2005, 19:40
I ended up going to the dealer that had a Wide Vintage in stock. I'm going to get out this weekend to try it. Most people that I talked to said if you were going to ride all day go for the Mustang. Since most of my rides are 6-8 hours that is what I did.

PlanB
23rd January 2005, 02:56
Hey, Rider!

Let me know how you like the seat and which dealer you got it at...I've been saving since November and just about have enough for one now...I think I'll go with the wide vintage, too, just for the comfort level...thanks, Mike

rider1951
23rd January 2005, 03:10
PlanB
I got it from Paradise, it was I think the only one they had. Wide Vintage with the standard rear pad. I hope to get in a longer ride tomorrow. So far I think it is going to be great as long as my right leg can get use to it. I was going to order it from Discount parts for $283 shipped to my door, but the parts guys are really nice at the dealer and they let me put it on the bike to see how it looked and felt. Decided to spend the extra $$$ to have it right away instead of waiting for who knows how long. I'll let you know after tomorrow.