PDA

View Full Version : Street Bob AC cover mod

Horse
19th February 2008, 04:47
Saw this on another forum and decided to give it a try, I think I like it!
http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c10/Sumdaen/DSCI0024.jpg

It's a toss-up though, might have to go with Pantera, cowboys from hell CD instead of the metalica Kill em All that I have on there now. And yeah I know it looks like I need to use the spray, but its a dry filter, supposed to be like that.

Disclaimer:
No working CD's were harmed in the making of this AC mod.

Stingray
19th February 2008, 05:52
It's interesting! Any thoughts on if you get stuck in the rain?

Horse
19th February 2008, 06:08
Not if, when. Honestly I might carry around the SE cover with me till it happens. If there is a problem I'll change it out, but I ran a velocity stack on one bike I had for a long time with no problems, and those hurricane flow ac's are no less exposed. Only time will tell.

Stingray
19th February 2008, 07:08
Either CD works for me! I've been on a Pantera kick for awhile now. And you gota love the Mighty Metallica!

Are all the BT air filters round?

Gone
19th February 2008, 07:11
Not if, when. Honestly I might carry around the SE cover with me till it happens. If there is a problem I'll change it out, but I ran a velocity stack on one bike I had for a long time with no problems, and those hurricane flow ac's are no less exposed. Only time will tell.

But the Hurricane Flow A/Cs aren't dry filter elements, that probably makes a bit of difference in terms of getting the filter soaked....

64physhy
19th February 2008, 07:14
Be careful if you got that Kill 'em All a long time ago. There's 3 versions. One of them is rare, the first printing as a CD I guess.

Horse
19th February 2008, 11:39
Be careful if you got that Kill 'em All a long time ago. There's 3 versions. One of them is rare, the first printing as a CD I guess.
You mean Am I evil and Blitzkrieg aren't on all of them??!!
Don't worry I wouldn't use the first printing, it's safe :)

Horse
19th February 2008, 11:41
But the Hurricane Flow A/Cs aren't dry filter elements, that probably makes a bit of difference in terms of getting the filter soaked....

Point, hmm, If I decide I like it this way enough to keep it exposed, I guess I'll have to pick up the K&N element to be safe.

Horse
19th February 2008, 11:43
Either CD works for me! I've been on a Pantera kick for awhile now. And you gota love the Mighty Metallica!

Are all the BT air filters round?

I believe all the stock twin cam filter elements are round. It's got a football looking cover on it, but the element is round.

misterT
19th February 2008, 11:45
It desn't look like it woud be to difficult to fab a half round cover for that cleaner. That would keep the bugs and rain from directly hitting it. Easy enough to paint it black to match.

el jinete fantasma
19th February 2008, 17:01
That's a great idea... wish I'd thought of it!
I'd use a New Kids on the Block CD to show that not only am I hardcore, but I'm old skool too! :laugh

Swankster
19th February 2008, 17:41
Hey! that's pretty cool...
You can chang it out when ever your mood changes.
Sheeet! you can even mess with the masses at ralley's and mount something like Britney or the Partridge Family............:smoke
Swank

Horse
19th February 2008, 19:36
Hey! that's pretty cool...
You can chang it out when ever your mood changes.
Sheeet! you can even mess with the masses at ralley's and mount something like Britney or the Partridge Family............:smoke
Swank
It isn't limited to CD's either, DVD's fit too, and it doesn't seem to damage the disk since the outside is supported by rubber and the inside is solid. Easyrider for long trips, some Motley Crue for poker runs, etc. heh AC/DC Back in Black for cruisin the boulevard even. Mood AC!

shotgun46
19th February 2008, 19:48
I ran the ness BIG Sucker in the rain and never had any issues ( Indaina Rain ) with a small cover !

snowman
19th February 2008, 19:51
Use Back n Black (AC/DC), you'll go faster....:roflblack:roflblack:roflblack

havi0412c
19th February 2008, 20:45
I can't Drive 55 should be one!

Horse
19th February 2008, 21:34
I need to start a CD of the month club! :banana :banadanc

indyrednek
19th February 2008, 22:00
I tried that for a while and got bored.
I did this:
http://xlforum.net/photopost/data/681/BRIAN_059.jpg
Next I will be using a saw blade.

BTW I run mine in the rain ALL the time.
No problems.

Horse
19th February 2008, 22:04
I tried that for a while and got bored.
I did this:
http://xlforum.net/photopost/data/681/BRIAN_059.jpg
Next I will be using a saw blade.

BTW I run mine in the rain ALL the time.
No problems.

Heh, thats cool! Faucet handle for when you want to pour it on!

Swankster
19th February 2008, 22:06
I like that to, very cool indeed!
I suppose the imagination can run amuck on implements to use.
Swankster

XL883L
28th February 2008, 06:23
I second the Big Sucker in the rain being no problem. Speaking of which I need to "recharge" the filter before riding season gets here.

roadking79
28th February 2008, 16:42
Use Back n Black (AC/DC), you'll go faster....:roflblack:roflblack:roflblack

No... definately Reign in Blood (Slayer), now that'll raise your RPM's!