PDA

View Full Version : Got my $29.95 jacket today

Preacher
15th November 2005, 01:53
I bought a Buffalo leather (patchwork) jacket on Ebay... the seller had great feedback and it comes with a zip-out liner, price less shipping? $29.95. ($14.00 shipping made the total $43.95)

Came in today and I have to say that I am pretty impressed. Heavy-duty jacket, nice leather (even though it is a thousand peices of nice leather sewn together :D ) Heavy sucker to. Had in on for about 5 minutes before I started sweating (liner was in it)

All in all, well worth the money. One small problem though.... I can't afford to gain any weight. It is marked 2X, but it must have been made by small Aisian dudes because it runs smaller than any other 2X I have tried.

I'll ride with it a couple of mornings and see if it breaks in, if not, I may end up ordering a 3X and selling this one.

Mrprez
15th November 2005, 03:41
How about a pic? Who was the ebayer that you got it from or was this a one time deal.

kiltbill
15th November 2005, 03:44
I bought a Buffalo leather (patchwork) jacket on Ebay... the seller had great feedback and it comes with a zip-out liner, price less shipping? $29.95. ($14.00 shipping made the total $43.95)

Came in today and I have to say that I am pretty impressed. Heavy-duty jacket, nice leather (even though it is a thousand peices of nice leather sewn together :D ) Heavy sucker to. Had in on for about 5 minutes before I started sweating (liner was in it)

All in all, well worth the money. One small problem though.... I can't afford to gain any weight. It is marked 2X, but it must have been made by small Aisian dudes because it runs smaller than any other 2X I have tried.

I'll ride with it a couple of mornings and see if it breaks in, if not, I may end up ordering a 3X and selling this one.

not a bad deal preach... :D

flskevin
15th November 2005, 03:52
Sounds like the same ebayer I got my vest from, they do have great stuff cheap. I bought a leather jacket for $30 w/liner and it was too small, instead of sending it back I'm going to give it to someone for xmas.

Preacher
15th November 2005, 04:01
I suppose little things like the vendor name and pictures would help....

Appleharbor is the vendor name...

Back of jacket

http://www.bastaards.org/Miscellaneous/Jacket1.jpg

Front

http://www.bastaards.org/Miscellaneous/Jacket2.jpg

Inside with liner

http://www.bastaards.org/Miscellaneous/Jacket3.jpg

Inside with liner pulled back (fully lined plus zip in insulated liner)

http://www.bastaards.org/Miscellaneous/Jacket4.jpg

82ndJumper
15th November 2005, 04:09
NICE jacket man, If a 2x is to small whats that tell ya? Just kidding:laugh

Mrprez
15th November 2005, 04:11
Thanks for the info. How is the sleeve length? My knuckles drag the ground and can't take a shorter sleeve length.

Preacher
15th November 2005, 04:13
Thanks for the info. How is the sleeve length? My knuckles drag the ground and can't take a shorter sleeve length.

The sleeves are actually a touch long, but I like them that way.

82ndJumper: Tease me about my weight and I'll sit on you.... :wonderlan

Mrprez
15th November 2005, 04:16
Hey, I see that you got the gloves as well. How are they sizewise and are they warm without being too bulky?

Randum77
15th November 2005, 04:29
That ended up being a pretty freaking cool jacket. I like it. I got a nice one from wilson along time ago, but damn collar on it is a bitch at 50+. Hrm.....

Desertfox
15th November 2005, 04:37
Yeah, mine seems to have run a tad on the big as far as fit goes. I found the sleeves to be a tad long as well, but iI think that is intentional. Because when my hands are on the handle bars the raised arm position draws the sleeves up to the perfect length.

Preacher
15th November 2005, 04:43
Hey, I see that you got the gloves as well. How are they sizewise and are they warm without being too bulky?

They are medium weight gloves, not very warm when the temps drop below 45, but ok for short distances at that temp. My gives are actually a bit big.. I have large mitts and ordered X-large gloves. There is enough room for me to wear a thin glove underneath for when it gets colder.

The gloves have a cuff, not quite as long as a true gauntlet but enough to keep the wind from finding its way up your sleeves. Quality wise, they are pretty good, decent leather.

whispanic
15th November 2005, 07:26
Not bad...

Im not a fan of the "Diamond Plate Rock Design" but not bad for the buck.

You did pretty good too cause thats not too much above actual cost.

Not that I have access to that type of item ;)

Need some matching leather pants? Hehe

Adios

bplinson
15th November 2005, 07:34
I see you have the same skull face mask as I do. It is funny to see the reactions of people when I wear it, especially when I have the black inside visor on my Schuberth helmet down. All they see is the bottom of the skull face.

I have had people actually run away when I looked in their direction!! :roflblack :roflblack :roflblack

Mrprez
15th November 2005, 13:58
Preacher, I sent an email to the seller asking them about sizes and their exchange policy. She wrote back that you can exchange your jacket for a larger size.

Preacher
15th November 2005, 14:01
I like it Bert, and I ordered the crazy clown one too :D :D (Not that I enjoy scaring people.... like HOG members or something...) ;)

Preacher
15th November 2005, 14:07
Preacher, I sent an email to the seller asking them about sizes and their exchange policy. She wrote back that you can exchange your jacket for a larger size.

Thanks John, I may just do that. :clap

Moved On / My Own Choice
15th November 2005, 19:30
Preacher, just remember to take it outside and throw it down on the ground once.... to remind it where it don't want to be again!

K

MusclePump
15th November 2005, 20:09
Patchwork... always an interesting design!

MusclePump
19th November 2005, 01:36
Just ordered myself one of those on your rec. Ordered a size big. The leather jacket I've been wearing isn't a motorcycle jacket per say, and the lapels whip the shit out of my neck on the highway. And, my Harley jacket isn't leather at all, so not real warm and no protection... for the price, I figured I'd give it a go!

Preacher
20th November 2005, 00:30
Just put the jacket up for sale in the classifieds, ordered another. The Ebay seller wanted more money to exhange it and I figured it wasn't worth the effort or the time it would take.

Ordered another jacket today, want to sell this one.

http://www.xlforum.net/vbportal/modules.php?name=Classified&file=viewarticle&id=706

Mrprez
20th November 2005, 00:59
Did you order another one of the same kind? I will be in Charlotte for Turkey Day and might be interested if it would fit me. I wear an XL in a jacket.

Preacher
20th November 2005, 01:06
Did you order another one of the same kind? I will be in Charlotte for Turkey Day and might be interested if it would fit me. I wear an XL in a jacket.

The vender didn't have any on Ebay the size I wanted so I went with another... I'll post updates when it arrives.

Give me a buzz when you come down.

BadHabit
3rd June 2006, 17:48
Anybody have a link to the seller?

Thanks

xena
3rd June 2006, 20:02
Anybody have a link to the seller?

Thanks

Preacher mentioned the ebay user ID of
the seller is Appleharbor. (http://stores.ebay.com/APPLE-HARBOR-TRADING-CO)
Don't see any leather jackets in his ebay
store, but then again, this thread is six
months old.

Ks-Sportster
4th June 2006, 06:07
That must be a common thing with leather goods. I went to a Bike blessing today and picked up a leather vest. I paid $35 for it. It was a plain, black, no patch work type. I would normally wear a XXL and I could not even begin to snap the XXL. I found a 4XL model and it fit great. I would not have even thought of ordering one this big on Ebay. I'm glad I tried it on.