PDA

View Full Version : Love Wisconsin but sick of snow

GWHuntter
6th March 2008, 22:18
No more snow! Please

Has any one ever considered coming up with a way to install a plow to a motorcycle?

maybe a rat bike type of thing.

NRHS Sales
6th March 2008, 22:21
My parents live in New Berlin just outside of Milwaukee and they keep saying the same thing!!

GWHuntter
6th March 2008, 22:24
It's nice today we are melting a little but I just can't take it any longer I need the smell of the frist cutting of grass at 50 mph on my bike

Rascal
6th March 2008, 22:46
Calendar says March 20th is first day of Spring, hang in there!

snowman
6th March 2008, 22:49
No better here in SE Michigan...:geek:geek:geek

In fact, why don't you cheeseheads quit sending it our way!!!:roflblack:roflblack:roflblack

biknut
6th March 2008, 22:53
Not much better here in Texas. Yesterday I was riding around in the sun with 68 degrees, and today we're in the 30s and have 4 inches of snow just starting to fall.

AB,Frank
6th March 2008, 23:00
Oh ya,know how you feel,I went for a ride last Saturday,just a little nippy but still good enough.Got up Sunday morning with an inch or so of snow and ice ...*^#$*%^&.......

GWHuntter
6th March 2008, 23:34
I was watching 2 guys racing around a lake by my house this bikes set up for ice racing. Man can they go so I was think'n why not sportsters some spikes and a V plow ...Look out honda

GWHuntter
7th March 2008, 00:23
No better here in SE Michigan...:geek:geek:geek

In fact, why don't you cheeseheads quit sending it our way!!!:roflblack:roflblack:roflblack

Food for thought>>>>>
Think about this the air your sucking in and out of your lungs is second hand
We CHEESE HEADS cycled it though several orifices before we handed it off to you.
:banana:banana:banana:banana

Hope you Enjoy recycling

skien
7th March 2008, 00:25
I was born and raised in Wisconsin [55 years]. Live in central WI now this is more of a winter like we always had years ago. It has been around ten to twelve years since we had a normal one. Don't get me wrong I wish it was over also. They are calling for -3 tonight tomorrow night -19.

GWHuntter
7th March 2008, 00:34
I was born and raised in Wisconsin [55 years]. Live in central WI now this is more of a winter like we always had years ago. It has been around ten to twelve years since we had a normal one. Don't get me wrong I wish it was over also. They are calling for -3 tonight tomorrow night -19.

Yup I remeber real winters too but now I'm older.
(51) that is mostlikely the thing that has sucked the fun right out of winter.

skien
7th March 2008, 00:47
I agree if you do the winter sports it goes faster.In my drinking days in Milwaukee you had dart,pool and bowling leagues. I used to cross country ski and snowmobile. Got ride of the sleds because for those years we had no snow.

Billsxl1200c
7th March 2008, 01:35
I feel your pain....the weather still !@#$'s in the far burbs of the Windy City. It's still cold, salt, snow and ice on the roads.....on the plus side, put another log on the fire and more quality time with the Mrs.......:tour

nickstoyz
11th January 2013, 07:34
Gonna be almost 50 tomorrow!! So I'm thinking about going for a ride around town!!! This will be a first for me riding in January! WOOHOO!!!

jharback
11th January 2013, 08:35
Gonna be almost 50 tomorrow!! So I'm thinking about going for a ride around town!!! This will be a first for me riding in January! WOOHOO!!!

How do you guys keep finding these old threads?

Francois
11th January 2013, 08:40
Yeah Jim, but it does make for interesting reading and comparisons, ain't it?

nickstoyz
12th January 2013, 00:22
How do you guys keep finding these old threads?

Just by reading through all the old posts. Not much to do at work lately. :wonderlan

Ireeman
12th January 2013, 00:39
I hear you...I am just waiting on the Arctic blast that will drop 12ft of snow this year.

nickstoyz
12th January 2013, 00:46
It was nice to finally have some snow. I put about 600 miles on the sled in a few days. But now we had rain all trails are closed. And hopefully the rain and warm temps don't wreck the ice! Was out fishing last Saturday, Got some really nice gills!

sportsterpaul
12th January 2013, 01:55
If you do a Google search you will find a Sporty- with a ski on front and a track on back, also a sporty motor in a four wheeler. Just got to be creative. Retractable studs would be good but they have been banned in Michigan.

pat5150
12th January 2013, 02:11
Just south of the Wisconsin border it seems like the mildest winter in a while. Crazy what a short distance can do. Of course still can't ride with the crappy roads.