PDA

View Full Version : San Diego Forum Members: Please Give Me a Few Ideas How to Kill a Few Hours

DC in PHX
8th March 2008, 09:20
I am going to be in San Diego next week. I will be going to the KPBS station in the early afternoon for a PBS show that I will be edited out of :p:p, the problem is, I get to San Diego early in the morning, don't need to be to the studio till 1 pm and can't check into my hotel till after 3 pm. What can I do for 4-5 hours besides reading magazines at the airport?

Also, what is a good spot to spend some PM hours near the Hilton (Mission Valley). I will have a rental car. TJ is out of the question (my passport has expired:()

Thanks

DC

unfiguroutable
8th March 2008, 09:53
TJ is out of the question (my passport has expired

no passport required to get to mexico by foot or car. passport is required for air travel to mexico

DC in PHX
8th March 2008, 09:56
no passport required to get to mexico by foot or car. passport is required for air travel to mexico

OK, cool. Might have to walk across to TJ then:D

DC

indyrednek
8th March 2008, 10:11
Be sure to have your birth certificate with you and picture ID.

JonnyRtn
8th March 2008, 10:16
2 words... Gas Lamp... go to the gas lamp district, you can walk around, have a beer, walk over and check out the shops along the shore...

XLXR
9th March 2008, 11:37
http://www.aerospacemuseum.org/

They have everything from an SR 71 to a running replica of the Wright brothers first engine.

Funny thing though. My Dad flew planes and helicopters in the Army. He found several errors in the descriptions of some engines he used to fly behind.

stealthammer
9th March 2008, 16:05
2 words... Gas Lamp... go to the gas lamp district, you can walk around, have a beer, walk over and check out the shops along the shore...

+1

Look for 'Dick's Last Resort'......

Great food, beer, .........:banana

ShadenGheist
9th March 2008, 16:16
Over by the Naval Training base, there used to be a Strip Club called the Body Shop. Check it out. Ask for a girl called, "Tawny"... No, wait, never mind, that was 25 years ago. Bad idea.:doh Maybe her daughter is there. :laugh

rontech
9th March 2008, 18:47
The Naval Training base is long gone. Redeveloped into high end housing. They should have gave the land to the airport which is way too small.
You could go to the Maretime museum on the Embarcadero, there's the Star of India, The Berkley, an old russian sub and a few other boats. Go a few blocks further south on Harbor Dr. and check out the Midway aircraft carrier museum.
If you're here on Saturday go up to San Diego Harley, they have a live band and free BBQ every Saturday.