PDA

View Full Version : New Bassani Pro Street's Installed

txsporty
21st January 2005, 02:09
I just finished installing my New Bassani Pro Street exhaust!! :D They Sound Good as S&IT!!! :clap Getting ready to go out and do a Test Run!!

They say that they are Tunable??? Does anyone know How?? There's no instructions on how you can tune them, if in Fact you can!!!

They also look Badass Compared to the SEII's I had on!!! :D

crackers
21st January 2005, 02:11
where the pictures??
http://xlforum.net/forums/images/smilies/biggrin.gif

cheers
crackers

xena
21st January 2005, 02:16
Kewl beans Mike! Let's see some pics. :)

txsporty
21st January 2005, 02:42
Just got back from my Test Run!!!!! :D

NICE Pipes!!!! :clap

Not sure if it made any differance to the TQ or HP, Didn't really Notice!! But I Did Notice that it popped back through the exhaust when I got out of the throttle!! I did have the Baffles in.. :yikes

I'll get some Pic's posted as soon as I can!!!

engine
21st January 2005, 02:58
I really like those pipes because they are so short, but I wish they were stacked rather than side-by-side. how loud are they w/ baffles? did you get straight or slash cut?

txsporty
21st January 2005, 03:07
Haven't run them without Baffles!! Sound real good with them in, not to loud, Just right!!! :D Got the Slash Cut!! Got them on Ebay, $325.00 With Delivery, and got them in Four Days!!!!! :clap :clap :clap

HotRodSporty
22nd January 2005, 00:59
I am going to buy a pair on Ebay tomorrow, they end then. You must have baught them from the same place I am going to. The starting Price is 310 or buy it now for 369. Will be a little more money for me because of the shipping. You must live closer to them than I do. I love the looks of them, the side by side shorties. I hope they sound as good as I think they will.
Are they louder than your SE II's? I have SE II's right now also.

Baniff
22nd January 2005, 01:27
I have the same on my 04, they sound great!!! :clap :clap

txsporty
22nd January 2005, 04:14
Not really Louder then the SEII's, but sound a Helluva lot better!!!! :D

They seem to make the Sporty sound more Aggeressive!!! :clap :clap

I got mine at B&M..

HotRodSporty
22nd January 2005, 18:24
Yeaj B&M is it. I have a bid in right now for them. Hope I get them for this price or I will have to wait another week.

XLFREAK
22nd January 2005, 18:41
Pics man, pics. :D

txsporty
23rd January 2005, 23:35
Here's the Pic's!!! :D

http://xlforum.net/photopost/data/500/50New_Bassani_s1-1_05-med.JPG

http://xlforum.net/photopost/data/500/50New_Bassani_s3-1_05-med.JPG

Let me know what you Think!!! :D

HotRodSporty
23rd January 2005, 23:51
They look GREEEEAATT!!! Were they easy to install?

Darhawk
24th January 2005, 00:04
Mike, those look truely fantastic!

Not to change the subject, four or five riders I know in Gun Barrel are thinking up a ride down to Big Bend this summer. Have you made the ride down, and if so, how long did it take you? Of course if this works out and we ride through, you're welcome to join us. Course, after you see us, you may change your mind.:D

harleymanjay04
24th January 2005, 02:35
txsporty i was looking into getting the bubs jug huggers,wich is basically what you have. are these concidered drags? did you notice any power loss?do they sound better than the se w/o baffles. thats what i have now. can i run the bubs w/o the baffels without loosing any noticable h/p down low,i know it would gain up high. tia.jay.

http://www.jpcycles.com/productgroup.aspx?GID=26bd3c22-fb3e-4fd8-95b1-c2941f85194e

xena
24th January 2005, 03:02
Two thumbs up Mike, the pipes look fantastic!

barry1967
24th January 2005, 03:19
What a difference it makes with that rear sprocket/master cyl showing.

Nice looking bike.

crackers
24th January 2005, 03:25
lookin' good

cheers
crackers

txsporty
24th January 2005, 03:32
HotRodSporty

Very easy, but get the SE exhaust Gaskets!! #17048-98 :D

harleymanjay04

Maybe a bit down low, but they sound great!!!! :clap :clap I was running The SEII's with drilled out baffles and the Bassani's sound a crap load better!!!

Geek
24th January 2005, 03:32
All I can say is awesome!

txsporty
24th January 2005, 03:41
Darhawk

Thanks!! I've never did the Big Bend run, but would LOVE to!!!! :D Let me know when you plan on going, I'd love to tag along!!! :D

xena, crackers, and Geek

Thanks a bunch, I love'em make they bike look a helluva lot nicer!! :D

barry1967

Thanks!! It has a bit to go before I'm Done!!!! :yikes I have a rear master cylinder cover I need to put on, but I'm going to wait until I do the 1200 Conversion!! I haven't figured out what I'm going to do with the lower chain guard yet!! I don't like the looks of it!!

74FeHeadXLH
24th January 2005, 04:09
:D txsporty those are some great lookin pipes, I wish someone makes pipes like that and afew other unique design pipes for Ironheads, we're kinda limited as far as pipes go...but man those loooook good....Mike 74xlh :smoke

txsporty
24th January 2005, 04:31
:D txsporty those are some great lookin pipes, I wish someone makes pipes like that and afew other unique design pipes for Ironheads, we're kinda limited as far as pipes go...but man those loooook good....Mike 74xlh :smoke

Thanks!!! :D Hell there making better looking pipes for the '04-'05, and their not even thinking about the later years!! And '03 ain't that late!!! :yikes

74FeHeadXLH
24th January 2005, 04:42
Well I reckon that'll just be OK...since the wife recently gave me the two thumbs-up to buy an '05 1200 Custom......manI can't wait...and yes the 74xlh is'nt goin anywhere...she said she'd divorce me if I get rid of it...gotta love her...those pipes are right at the moment at the top of the list, although I have been lookin at StainlessCreations.com........they make some really cool lookin pipes tooo...Mike 74xlh :smoke

Geek
24th January 2005, 04:44
, although I have been lookin at StainlessCreations.com........they make some really cool lookin pipes tooo...Mike 74xlh :smoke

Never heard of them. Also can't find them on the net....

txsporty
24th January 2005, 04:50
74FeHeadXLH

You Lucky Bugger!!!! :D

I've been looking for a Ironhead to build a rigid bar hopper out of!!

74FeHeadXLH
24th January 2005, 04:52
Hey Geek hold on a couple miutes I have their web addy on my e-mail, I'll get it , then post it for ya...Mike

Geek
24th January 2005, 05:07
Got your message.

Thanks Mike.

crackers
24th January 2005, 05:08
www.stainlesscreations.net

nice lookin' stuff there too.

cheers
crackers

XLinAL
25th January 2005, 02:16
"I haven't figured out what I'm going to do with the lower chain guard yet!! I don't like the looks of it!!"

Take it off. That's what I did when I put my pro streets on. It looks a lot better.

txsporty
25th January 2005, 02:38
XLinAL

When you put your Pro Streets on did you get any popping thru the exhaust when getting out of the throttle?? I get it sometimes and I'm running them with Baffles!! :yikes

XLinAL
25th January 2005, 03:01
txsporty,

Nope, no pops or anything. I'm running the baffles too.
I had the pipes put on when I did the 1200 conversion and it was tuned w/ these pipes on it. You might need to play w/ the carb a little?

txsporty
25th January 2005, 03:53
txsporty,

Nope, no pops or anything. I'm running the baffles too.
I had the pipes put on when I did the 1200 conversion and it was tuned w/ these pipes on it. You might need to play w/ the carb a little?

That's kinda what I thought!! :D Not really sure where to start, the bike had the Stage I done at the Stealer when I bought it new, also had the SEII pipes!! Thanks

dpsfc13b
30th January 2005, 22:52
I have got the same pipes, slash cut and the hyper charger, the sound rocks, it was the best investment I have made so far. Every where I go people love the look and the sound. I send some pics soon. Sportsters rule!!!!