PDA

View Full Version : Lyndall Racing Brakes

clayvis
4th January 2006, 18:21
Anybody hear using these brakes? Tried to do a search, but it wouldn't work for some reason. I see on the Lyndall website that they have pads now for 04 and up Sportsters. They only list Gold pads, not the Z-pads. Other than price, what's the diff.? Would using Gold pads on a street bike be bad. Pros, cons? Thanks in advance.

markster6828
4th January 2006, 19:27
The Golds are Lyndalls first product and they require a break in procedure. (see below). The Z pads don't require this procedure, simply put em on and go. I run Z pads on my softail and really like them. Hopefully by the time the Sporty needs reshoeing, they'll have the Z's for it. Either one, the Golds or the Z's are the best pads on the market IMO.

Make sure the rotors are clean, no leftover fluid on them from bleeding. Spray them off with some brake clean or wipe them with alcohol.

Next, take the bike out on a straight road with no traffic and seat the pads. Do this by doing 10 stops from 20 to 0 mph (don't lock 'em up!) and then 10 stops from 40 to 0 mph.

Use only front or rear to make sure each has a chance to seat. You should feel the pads seating in, by the end they'll feel like power brakes!

This method is recommended by LRB Racing brakes and should seat in pads properly.

clayvis
4th January 2006, 20:16
Thanks Markster. I called the company to ask about the availability of the Z-pads for my 04 1200C, but was only able to leave a message. If the break in for the golds is that easy, I might just go ahead and order them. Just want to make sure they are compatable with my stock rotors. There's no dealer listed for Florida, so I guess I need to order them from Drag Specialties.

lyndallbrakes
11th October 2006, 22:10
Anybody hear using these brakes? Tried to do a search, but it wouldn't work for some reason. I see on the Lyndall website that they have pads now for 04 and up Sportsters. They only list Gold pads, not the Z-pads. Other than price, what's the diff.? Would using Gold pads on a street bike be bad. Pros, cons? Thanks in advance.

We now have the Sportster Brake Pads available in our Z-Plus compound. Please see our website or call direct for ordering. They are $46 per pair and our part numbers are 7233 and 7234, front and rear respectively.

Terp84Alum
11th October 2006, 22:14
For 2000-2003, are the front and rear the same?

Kentucky
11th October 2006, 22:53
We now have the Sportster Brake Pads available in our Z-Plus compound. Please see our website or call direct for ordering. They are $46 per pair and our part numbers are 7233 and 7234, front and rear respectively.

I use the Z-Plus pads on my 04 R model and they work great with no dust issues at all. I would however suggest not buying them direct as they are cheaper through a retailer. I recently purchased mine through CycleSpot....... They were under $40 a set........

chrishajer
12th October 2006, 03:09
Hey, lyndallbrakes, :welcome

--Chris