PDA

View Full Version : Kentuckiana H.O.G. Chapter Polar Bear Run

KY23
7th January 2006, 03:41
Sunday, January 8

Kentuckiana H.O.G. Chapter Polar Bear Run

January 8th, starting at Louisville Harley Davidson. Sign ups at noon, depart at 1pm Dress warm! Ride will be on as long as there is no precipitation.

Anyone going?

tcspannerwrench
7th January 2006, 03:57
Man I just confirmed a tee time for 11:30 at cordon country club now i have to do some serious thinking backing out on golf with my boss will not be easy but i would much rather ride. I’ll have to get back with you on this one

ps. can you join the local chapter there or do you already have to be a member?

KY23
7th January 2006, 04:04
I don't think you have to be a member at all to ride. I'm sure you can join their chapter there if you wanted to but I don't think its a requirement.

As long as its not pouring down rain I'll be there...I know..I'm a puss. I don't mind the cold and alittle rain...but cold and alot of rain really sucks.

KY23
7th January 2006, 04:06
Weather is supposed to be great by the way...56 as a high.

http://www.weather.com/weather/detail/40242?from=weekend_bottomnav_undeclared&dayNum=2

If your going to go let me know and I'll PM you my cell number.

KY23
7th January 2006, 04:14
Its open to national HOG members and guests.

http://www.kyanahog.com/January2006.htm

hotrodharry
7th January 2006, 04:37
If it wasnt a 2 hour ride to there from me I would go and bring some friends but Im thinking im gonna have to wuss out on this one unless I can get a chit load of people to ride with me.

pquirk
7th January 2006, 13:47
[quote=tcspannerwrench]Man I just confirmed a tee time for 11:30 at cordon country club now i have to do some serious thinking backing out on golf with my boss will not be easy but i would much rather ride. I’ll have to get back with you on this one...quote]

:roflblack Ride or Golf? Hey this belongs in that poser thread :laugh :laugh .

I'm just kidding Dude, couldn't resist it. I feel your pain, I've been in similar situations. ;)

jamman
7th January 2006, 14:27
You ought to see him riding his sporty with his clubs on his back.lol T.C. pm me and let me know if your goin, i'll check and see if Bruce or Scott want to run up with me. not promisin, But sounds good. Oh yeah, do you have to belong to HOG. cause that ain't gonna happen.

KY23
7th January 2006, 16:36
The website says its open to local HOG members, national HOG members and guests. You can just tell them your my guest if your not a HOG member.

jamman
7th January 2006, 16:54
thanks, sounds like fun, been awhile for good group run. Leaning that way, OL says get the hell out. How much and all that crap? i'd be the guy on the black ironhead, wearin a black leather jacket..LOL

tcspannerwrench
7th January 2006, 19:29
Ok time for me to sh*t or get off the pot, called my boss and told him i had the fever (not a fever) so i will be there as well

I think i remember reading the hog guidelines that all hog rides are helmet required maybe KY23 knows for sure

Jam sent you a pm

KY23
7th January 2006, 20:04
Not sure about the helmet rule but that sounds like HOG. I sent both of you guys my cell number. You want to meet up somewhere before the ride?

jamman
7th January 2006, 20:09
Well I wont be wearin one if they have those kinda rules when i get there Then i'll ride somewhere else. I ride cause i'm free. Sent you a pm TC and Eric, were do ya guys wanna meet, got stuff to do I'll check with ya's later

KY23
7th January 2006, 22:37
We can meet up there...take a look at all the bikes and go on our own ride if you guys want.

tcspannerwrench
8th January 2006, 00:56
We can meet up there...take a look at all the bikes and go on our own ride if you guys want.
That sounds like a good plan to me

tcspannerwrench
8th January 2006, 01:00
i wasnt planning to wear one this time i did use one to get to the toys for tot E-town run but thats because i left early that morning and it was cold and i am a little girl when its cold :)

tcspannerwrench
9th January 2006, 04:58
Well I sure enjoyed myself today I didn’t know what to expect from a HOG organized run I read the national guidelines and it goes on and on “thou shall do this and thou shall not do that”. My opinion is that it was pretty laid back I even had one guy tell me HOG ride never go to beer joints, and this one ended at a pretty cool bar and grill type place.

I will admit after talking to the first few guys I thought we could call it Ride with the Rubs day LOL :) all in all I don’t think I’ll join the local chapter but I am sure I will go on more of their runs. It was good to meet up with KY23 and Jamman I dig looking and talking about the differences in our bikes

KY23
9th January 2006, 07:59
I had a great time too. My favorite ride so far. Hope to ride with you guys again real soon.

Rode my first Iron head today...it was an experience. :0) Good one that is. Totally different bike from my XL. Love the old school feel of it though.

Saw some great bikes today but my favorites were our sportsters...those old baggers don't know what they are missing.

Semper Fi

KY23
9th January 2006, 08:02
Hey guys...here is that link to Louisville Mojo's bike group.

They always have all the local runs and meets listed...updated daily.

http://www.louisvillemojo.com/live/group.cfm?BID=11

jamman
9th January 2006, 09:39
Wowee, that was a blast, Rubs Don't ride ironheads. only ironhead in about 80 bikes, Was a great run with Ky23 an T C , Got to ride KY23's XL1200C, And he took Betty for a jaunt, What a difference! But I'll post more about the comparison later.. Good time Bros. We'll do it again.

tcspannerwrench
9th January 2006, 16:09
Hey guys...here is that link to Louisville Mojo's bike group.

They always have all the local runs and meets listed...updated daily.

http://www.louisvillemojo.com/live/group.cfm?BID=11
i looked into that site last night for some reason i was haveing broblems with this forum (works good now) the mojo is not as easy to navagate as this site or mabe i am not used to it yet but there was a lot of local info perty cool:banana

tcspannerwrench
11th January 2006, 01:57
OK because i left my camera at home i had to resort to stealing pics off the mojo site KY23 linked
they blured the face of bystanders but these two in the background look familar
http://xlforum.net/photopost/data/500/medium/51882588-M.jpg
not to leave myself out that sure looks like the jacket i got for Christmas
http://xlforum.net/photopost/data/500/medium/51882608-M.jpg

tcspannerwrench
11th January 2006, 02:02
well i cant get the pics to come up from the gallery, click the link in my signature and they are there

jamman
11th January 2006, 02:42
that be us. faceless posers

tcspannerwrench
11th January 2006, 02:52
that be us. faceless posers
LOL:roflblack