PDA

View Full Version : brake light turn signal converter

shotgun46
7th January 2006, 23:51
i purchased form harley part no# 68286-04 brake light turn signal converter i talked to them on the phone and told them that i would like this for a 2001 XLC 1200 sportster they said yea thats the one you need any how waited 5 weeks go out to the bike take it apart and its the wrong one it also has the snap in lens and the bike has the screw in lens so i call them on the phone and they say yea thats the wrong one ship it back and pay us 10% restocking fee so now any one know what i need to get this thing done ? i do not want the kuryakyn brand ! hell the plugs on the unit dont even match up !thanks !!

merc
8th January 2006, 00:04
why don't yopu want the kuryakyn one?
there was an earlier thread here somewhere that lent me to beleive that it was more versatile.

shotgun46
8th January 2006, 02:20
i hoping to just plug and play the other brand you have to cut & splice & soder the wires plus i already have the harley thing that i payed for !

xlhflh
8th January 2006, 02:35
I'm a little confused as to exectly what you got but if the module doesn't plug in and the lenses are wrong; sounds like you need the correct kit.
Good Luck
Bob

Gone
8th January 2006, 02:39
KURYAKYN.

Plug and Play. No splicing, 5 minute install, makes the turn signals running/brake/turn signals.....much
better than the H-D unit.

IronMick
8th January 2006, 03:23
I would not pay any !@#$% restocking fee because of their error. Absolutely not. Never. No.

leo_frantic
8th January 2006, 07:55
I would not pay any !@#$% restocking fee because of their error. Absolutely not. Never. No.

What he said!!

dwl25
8th January 2006, 22:23
The part number you want is 91698-99. It is an obsolete part however my dealer ( Topeka HD) found the number for me and then checked on his official HD computer and located 6 of them at dealers within 1 state away. He ordered it for me and I had it in 2 days. I also agree that the HD part is superior to the Kuryaken one in this case. One it is cheaper and two it includes the lenses for the turn signals making it cheaper still.

Dave
Lake Perry KS

82ndJumper
9th January 2006, 04:32
I just bought the HD one for my bike. Havent put it on yet so not sure if its the right one. Since the parts guy at the Dealer is a friend of mine I am sure I got the right one. If not he is getting an a$$ beating.

Krayven Sumhead
9th January 2006, 12:14
One of the first upgrades I made to Heywood wuz buying the H-D brake lite module. Installed it directly under the ICM. Be careful not to tighten the nuts too tight. Took 10 minutes. Who cares who makes the nicest unit. The important part is that you have more than one brake light. Also the unit I bought for my '05 C wuz on sale for 20% off. I know the Kuryakyn brand converts the turn signals to running lights also, but I would've had to order it. And one in the hand is better than two in the bush and all that rot. It's kinda weird now that parts for the newer models are becoming more available than parts for the older models. Guess that's progress.....Year ago it wuz the other way around.