PDA

View Full Version : Kiwi Rob

KIWI ROB
16th April 2008, 01:38
Hello everyone!:smoke
From downunder in New Zealand.
Its great to be able to access such a site like this as i'm a first time sportster owner at 45 years old.
Jeez it really doesnt seem that long ago 30 was an old man, but im still feeling like an 18 yo kid when i take the HD for a ride!Any other kiwis out there?
I have a million questions to ask regarding Sporsters so you will be seeing me around.
Kind Regards to all and keep on :tour KIWI ROB

MY BIKE: 1992 XL883 WITH 1200 KIT-SCREMIN EAGLE EXHAUSTS.MORE INFO TO COME..............

roadogette
16th April 2008, 01:44
Welcome to the forum from Upstate NY.:banadanc Hope you're gonna post some pics.of your neck of the woods.

jharback
16th April 2008, 01:57
Welcome to the forum from sunny Italy!

Bob F
16th April 2008, 02:11
Hello Rob and welcome to the forum.

Stingray
16th April 2008, 02:58
Hello and :welcome to the site from Houston, TX!

Ask away on your questions, that's what we are here for.

SpartanDen
16th April 2008, 03:01
Welcome from Spartan Country Michigan!!

jamez1965
16th April 2008, 03:06
Welcome from Ohio, USA!

Moe47
16th April 2008, 03:11
Does that work for you or is that just an Aussie thing?

Anyway, welcome from Chicago land!

:tour

KIWI ROB
16th April 2008, 04:21
G'day and Thanks everyone for the replies.I've just got back from a ride so a bit late replying.Not sure how to reply personally to individuals so......any help? As I say i'm a newbie and dont know what i'm doin!HAHA

AB,Frank
16th April 2008, 04:24
welcome to the forum,enjoy the ride..

KIWI ROB
16th April 2008, 04:35
Hi again. As well as Bikes i'm a great lover of THE BLUES,I play a bit of geetar but i'm more into wailing away on the harp,love that amplified Chicago blues like nuth'n else. So Moe47 you live in THE CITY where most of my influences hail from OR ended up;LITTLE WALTER,MUDDY,BUDDY,the KINGS FAN..BLOODY..TASTIC!!!!

Gone
16th April 2008, 04:44
Hi Kiwi Rob, welcome to the forum!

I am told that I have a bunch of relatives in NZ, I plan to travel there someday.

KIWI ROB
16th April 2008, 05:09
Cool! It's a great little country,lots of winding hilly country with mostly pretty good roads.But having never been overseas i cant compare but,T.V allows me to dream.The South Island is one of the most scenic places in the world,but, I live in the north island and it's damn good here too.There are many organised Hog rides over here aswell,quite a following actually but i've never been much of a follower I prefer to hit the rode alone or with acouple of close mates.

Folkie
16th April 2008, 08:12
Welcome to the Forum from the UK!

http://www.harley-davidson-hangout.com/forum/images/smilies/zh_smilies/welcome.gif :xlrocks http://www.harley-davidson-hangout.com/forum/images/smilies/zh_smilies/welcome.gif

Koot
16th April 2008, 08:33
Welcome to the forum from the mountains of British Columbia, Canada.

Koot

Billsxl1200c
16th April 2008, 12:36
Welcome to the Forum from the Windy City!

gomorley
16th April 2008, 12:50
Welcome to the forum from England, enjoy the ride :o)

juliansylvester
16th April 2008, 13:59
Hey mate,

Another Kiwi!! Good onya! Where are you?? Im in Point Chevalier, Auckland.

This is a great forum for Sportsters!!

Julian

scott494
16th April 2008, 14:15
WELCOME!!! and enjoy the XLF!!

XL 50
16th April 2008, 15:09
Welcome from Southern California

ColinB
16th April 2008, 16:50
...and another big :welcome from the UK. I, too, am a guitarist - in a classic ska covers band Hope & Glory (www.hope-and-glory.com) - that's me on the left.

wandrur
16th April 2008, 19:13
Welcome from Boulder, Colorado, USA! Another lover of the blues here, though my personal guitar playing sticks to the acoustic blues. But don't let that fool you...I try to wail away that way, too. :)

KIWI ROB
16th April 2008, 21:53
Thats cool, I have been teachng myself fingerstyle slide guitar for a while and i'm now intending to apply myself a bit more,it is great music.I also like playing harmonica and try to combine the two.It can be difficult finding time to practice tho!

KIWI ROB
16th April 2008, 21:56
Your band looks alot like MADNESS,a band who wrote great lyrics and beats.

ahernandez23
16th April 2008, 21:59

Welcome from Las Vegas, I really enjoy Madness.

ColinB
16th April 2008, 22:01

We started as a Madness tribute band, but have grown to a classic Ska cover band because we get more gigs that way. We're playing at Lords Cricket ground on Fri 16th May during the England v New Zealand test match!!

KIWI ROB
16th April 2008, 23:25
Well....thats no mean feat.No cricket lover myself,but thats a pretty cool gig man!I'm into the blues,Chicago style moreso,but in the eighties I used to listen to bands like the SPECIALS and SPECIAL AKA but i'm no expert.BLUES is what i like now and it s just becoming more so as time go by.

KIWI ROB
16th April 2008, 23:31
I love acoustic too,what style do you prefer and how long have you been playing?

KIWI ROB
17th April 2008, 00:22
I'm from Wanganui,just bought my sporty from a guy up Snells Beach.Just up a ways from you.

wandrur
17th April 2008, 17:53
I love acoustic too,what style do you prefer and how long have you been playing?

I do a lot of finger-picking stuff, though I'm out of practice currently. Style...hmmm...the best way to describe it is playing music on an acoustic that would normally be played on an electric. I like bringing something closer to an electric style to an acoustic sound. I've been playing for around 15 years, but most of that was occasional. I have no formal training and can't read music, but I can play by ear. I just like to mess around, mostly, meaning playing in an unstructured setting. :o

stealthammer
17th April 2008, 18:32
Another welcome to the XLForum from Las Vegas!!!

shellfish
18th April 2008, 21:44
Kia Ora rob, welcome to the forum.
I lived in Wanganui for a few years - th eolds are still there!

over in the UK but heading home in Nov - to sunny Welly.

Nice to hear from some kiwis

sportytrace
21st April 2008, 01:19
http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x37/sheltiemad/gifs/gday.gif
And welcome to the forum from an Aussie! Or maybe I should say Kia Ora!

We started as a Madness tribute band, but have grown to a classic Ska cover band because we get more gigs that way. We're playing at Lords Cricket ground on Fri 16th May during the England v New Zealand test match!!

Wow Colin, awesome! That'd be great addition to test cricket and at Lords, no less!

ColinB
21st April 2008, 17:37
Wow Colin, awesome! That'd be great addition to test cricket and at Lords, no less!

Cheers Trace. We're really looking forward to it...especially a guarenteed audience of many thousand people. We'll hopefully pick up a few gigs off the back of it as well.

Rascal
27th April 2008, 02:24
Welcome to the forum!

thetick1959
26th May 2008, 22:48
Welcome from California!