PDA

View Full Version : SG's most excellent January ride.....(pics)

Sportster Girl
9th January 2006, 21:49
What a day! 69 degrees and sunny, just HAD to take a ride! :banana

Took twisty old 276 out of Brevard, NC towards the Blue Ridge Parkway.

Here's Looking Glass Falls:

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b328/SportsterGirl1/janride1.jpg

There's usually a Brazillion people here, but today, I had it all to myself....

Another shot near the Cradle of Forestry:

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b328/SportsterGirl1/janride2.jpg

Still climbing (and starting to get pretty COOL!) towards the parkway:

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b328/SportsterGirl1/janride3.jpg

Arrive at 276 at the Parkway, and it's CLOSED! Doh! :doh Didn't even consider that they might close it due to ice. Had to modify my plans for the rest of the ride..... but......it was a nice ride anyway.

Hope it helps you guys snowed in and unable to ride to see a Sporty out stretching its legs....

On the way home.....

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b328/SportsterGirl1/janride4.jpg:)

Did about 70 miles (Parkway being closed kinda messed up my plans :rolleyes: ) Still a great day!:

Dragonstar
9th January 2006, 21:52
That is one sweet looking ride... The scenery is pretty nice too!

DM-SC
9th January 2006, 22:12
Excellent, SG! :smoke

I need to get my sorry behind up that way this spring! :tour

hoosier xlc
9th January 2006, 22:19
SG,
Great pics bike looks awesome. Glad you got out to ride.

PlanB
9th January 2006, 22:31
Very nice, S.G....sure brought back memories for me...I love that area! It's been a long time since I last visited, though...isn't Sliding Rock somewhere in that vicinity? Keep taking those rides...and pictures! Help us Northerners get through a couple of more months of nastiness! :D

Dubfire
9th January 2006, 22:47
Great Pics SG. Good to see some are still able to ride. I'm still waiting for a "window in the weather" myself.

tcspannerwrench
9th January 2006, 22:52
Brazillion:roflblack :roflblack :roflblack :roflblack :roflblack
nice pics looks like a great place to ride

BonRu
9th January 2006, 23:28
Brazillion:roflblack :roflblack :roflblack :roflblack :roflblack

I didn't even see that. :roflblack :roflblack Pretty funny!

SG, those are some great pics!!

RedRider
9th January 2006, 23:30
Cool pics!

Sounds like ya had a great ride.

883 custom
9th January 2006, 23:30
Great pics, thanks for sharing! Glad you had a good time.

brownjams
9th January 2006, 23:36
nice pics, I'm jealous though Michigan winters and bikes don't mix well. I guess I can spend more time looking at others fun pics, like yours.

good luck and ride safe.

Snuffy
9th January 2006, 23:50
Excellent glad you got out for a ride. I'm from middle Tennessee myself and the pictures sure can make you homesick. In San Antonio right now and we have a ride scheduled with XL members this weekend in the hill country of Texas wish you could join us. We are having outstanding weather here. this weekend is supposed to be in the low 70's. Take care and send some rocky top views on your next ride, but of course have some pics of a fine looking scooter in the fore ground.

calsport05
9th January 2006, 23:57
Beautiful pics Mel!! Bike looks good!! Was out myself yesterday....glad you were able to catch a nice day.

GOTWA
9th January 2006, 23:58
Veru cool Mel. :clap :tour

xena
10th January 2006, 00:17
Glad to hear you were able to get in some "ride therapy". Great pictures too, thanks very much for sharing with us.

xllent01
10th January 2006, 00:18
SG those pics are very nice indeed, glad you got out to ride some really great roads of the BRP area. Can't wait till spring, atleast April or so before i will get back up that way to ride. Gotta love the solitude of you and the machine, it's priceless.:clap Thanks for the pics.
BTW- your bike looks really sweet too.:tour

debster
10th January 2006, 00:22
Nice pictures! That was just what I needed today. Thanks!:clap

Sportster Girl
10th January 2006, 15:50
Very nice, S.G....sure brought back memories for me...I love that area! It's been a long time since I last visited, though...isn't Sliding Rock somewhere in that vicinity? Keep taking those rides...and pictures! Help us Northerners get through a couple of more months of nastiness! :D

Hey Mike, Sliding Rock is VERY close to that last pic....good eye ya got there!

Thanks to all for the kind words! :) And yes, it was really nice to get out alone with the bike and have such great weather and a geat ride this time of year.

Come on Springtime!

CntryFun
10th January 2006, 16:05
Great pics SG. I'll have to get up w/ ya in a couple months and find out wherre I need to go, and where not to go, or get you to take me on a guided tour. I haven't made it over that way yet, but hope to as soon as the weather starts to warm up.

Sportster Girl
10th January 2006, 16:11
Great pics SG. I'll have to get up w/ ya in a couple months and find out wherre I need to go, and where not to go, or get you to take me on a guided tour. I haven't made it over that way yet, but hope to as soon as the weather starts to warm up.

You name it dude! One guided tour, coming up! :tour

Randum77
10th January 2006, 16:13
Nice pics. I love that part of the state. I need to get my bike setup so I can manage a ride that far west. Love the scenery and the bike. What seat is it? And, to top it all off. I AM JELOUS! :laugh It's stupid nice today too, but nooooooooo i have to work. !!!!!! See ya

Sportster Girl
10th January 2006, 16:17
Nice pics. I love that part of the state. I need to get my bike setup so I can manage a ride that far west. Love the scenery and the bike. What seat is it? And, to top it all off. I AM JELOUS! :laugh It's stupid nice today too, but nooooooooo i have to work. !!!!!! See ya

Hey Randum,

It's a Mustang Vintgage Solo. Not the best lookin' seat in the world, but certainly one of the comfiest....

Oh, and as far as work goes, can you say 'sick day'?
:roflblack

CntryFun
10th January 2006, 17:42
Hey Randum,

It's a Mustang Vintgage Solo. Not the best lookin' seat in the world, but certainly one of the comfiest....

Oh, and as far as work goes, can you say 'sick day'?
:roflblack

Shhh:shhhh Don't be givin' away our secrets, one of our bosses might be reading this!:doh

DM-SC
10th January 2006, 18:19
Shhh:shhhh Don't be givin' away our secrets, one of our bosses might be reading this!:doh

Not my boss...he's too prudish for this forum! :roflblack

xllent01
11th January 2006, 23:31
SG, just got a call last night from a good riding buddy who i ride with in the mtns a couple of times a yr, and it looks like a bunch of us will be in
Maggie Valley at the end of april for the Cherokee rally. The plans are in motion for the whole deal to take place. Just a matter of spring time and
nice weather and some good twisty action on the BRP. Woo-Hooo:tour

Sportster Girl
11th January 2006, 23:39
SG, just got a call last night from a good riding buddy who i ride with in the mtns a couple of times a yr, and it looks like a bunch of us will be in
Maggie Valley at the end of april for the Cherokee rally. The plans are in motion for the whole deal to take place. Just a matter of spring time and
nice weather and some good twisty action on the BRP. Woo-Hooo:tour

Coolio, xllent! Can't wait! Hope to meet up and ride with a bunch of you guys this coming summer!

COME ON SPRINGTIME!!!! Yeah! :banana

Moker
12th January 2006, 00:45
what happened to the pics??

:(

*edit*
hehe, went out for a little ride today, got kinda sick of working and decided riding > working

little nipply, 70 deg out. brrrrrr

http://www.moker.us/pic/lol.gif

Sportster Girl
12th January 2006, 01:42
what happened to the pics??

:(

*edit*
hehe, went out for a little ride today, got kinda sick of working and decided riding > working

little nipply, 70 deg out. brrrrrr

http://www.moker.us/pic/lol.gif

Sorry Moker....they're in my gallery now, moved 'em off photobucket....

RE: work like the patch sez, "Work Sucks, Go Ride" or something like that :smoke

Piggy
12th January 2006, 01:42
Wow Sportster Girl I know exactly where Brevard is as we had to go there for a conference on the Vision Jail program a few years ago. We also stopped by the Biltmore Estate not too far from there on the way back. Our new supervisor grew up in Brevard which is a beautiful place.
I just found it strange that someone else knew that little town.

Sportster Girl
12th January 2006, 01:44
Wow Sportster Girl I know exactly where Brevard is as we had to go there for a conference on the Vision Jail program a few years ago. We also stopped by the Biltmore Estate not too far from there on the way back. Our new supervisor grew up in Brevard which is a beautiful place.
I just found it strange that someone else knew that little town.

Yep, Piggy, come on back with yer bike this summer and we'll do a little twisty ridin'....:tour

Schmidtrock
12th January 2006, 01:47
I plan to hit the Dragon this year SG if'n ya don't mind riding with me and my new twinkie :D

Sportster Girl
12th January 2006, 15:13
I plan to hit the Dragon this year SG if'n ya don't mind riding with me and my new twinkie :D

Are you kidding me Schmidtrock? You betcha!

BTW, I think the new girl is REAL purty!