PDA

View Full Version : Mi Abuelo (My Grandfather)

RoadChick
15th January 2006, 07:25
My grandfather who was more like a father to me.. he and my grandmother (who passed away in '96) raised me....passed away about 5 hours ago at the age of 88....He was a beautiful person. I will miss him dearly...But he will be in my heart forever.

Pacer88888
15th January 2006, 07:27
Please accept my deepest condolences... so sorry to hear... *HUG*

Scarlett
15th January 2006, 07:31
Sorry to hear of your loss. Blessings and prayers to you.

PlanB
15th January 2006, 07:56
Sorry to hear of your loss, Rene...I'm sure he was a fine man as is reflected in how he raised such a fine Grand-Daughter! Mike

Takingabreak
15th January 2006, 08:29
Sounds very familure to me, my Grandpa and I were very close, I remember that day like it was a week ago, not 18 years back.

Six months after he left us, my second son was born, and he has his Name as his middle name.

Rene, I know right now the pain you feel. Try to remember the good times and embrace them in your heart.Remenber the wisdom he gave you. Don't think that he has left you for he never will, and someday, we will be with our family's again, on the other side.

82ndJumper
15th January 2006, 08:34
Remember all the good time and remember he is always with you.

Casper
15th January 2006, 08:44
I'm sorry to hear, Rene. Just remember that he's finally reunited with his wife; they're finally together again. He'll always have her, and for what comfort we can provide, you'll always have us.

wabiker
15th January 2006, 09:04
aw man... sorry fer yer loss RC.

Ralph
15th January 2006, 09:17
Sorry for your loss RC.

Sounds like tu aubelo was a wonderful man who loved you dearly.

He will indeed be in your heart forever.

Ralph
Georgetown, Texas

nzsailor
15th January 2006, 09:31
so sorry
i read a thing once
cant remember it all
but part went
shed a few tears for missing me
and then smile for having known me

wishing you God's strength

cjburr
15th January 2006, 10:16
So sorry for your loss, I'm sure he will ride with you in your heart and watch over you till you meet again.

jwbradbury
15th January 2006, 10:26
Losses are never easy... Ride with the memories of the gentle times and he will live in your heart forever.

Dubfire
15th January 2006, 14:03
Sincere condolences for your loss Rene. The memories will be with you for ever.

BlueSnBikes
15th January 2006, 14:17
My condolences, Rene.

Peace,

Darrin

oakies
15th January 2006, 14:21
My thoughts and prayers are with you..

OldDen
15th January 2006, 14:26
I am very sorry for your loss and will pray the Lord give you peace with only good memories. These things are tough but a day is coming where death, pain, sorrows and tears will be no more.
OldDen

merc
15th January 2006, 14:29
sorry to hear Rene
I am sure he was a good guy. You seem to have turned out pretty well so he did something right.
I am also sure he will be rewarded for doing such a good job.
Here is a big hug of consolation.
Take care.

daesdaemar
15th January 2006, 14:50
My condolences to you and your family...

jbrews
15th January 2006, 15:03
Lo siento Road chick. Si tenia ochentayocho anos en edad, creo que tenia una vida muy rica con esperiensas con gente muy amable como usted. cuida con tus emotionales y tinene fuerte.
Jbrews

RedRider
15th January 2006, 15:08
My condolences to you and your family, Rene....

I am very sorry to hear about your loss.

arjay
15th January 2006, 15:08
Hope you soon find peace in his loving memory, as I know he would want you to during this difficult time, and ever after.

rottenralph
15th January 2006, 15:10
My heart goes out to you.

Chucky
15th January 2006, 15:16
I am very sorry for your loss. I was very close to my grandfather (Pepere in french) also and I spendt a lot of time with him growing up. Used to have a drink with him at 5 every day when I was home. He died at 90 (and I don't think the drinks had anything to do with it). I am named after him and my son (born less than a month after my grandfather's death) has his middle name.

I don't mean to rattle on about this, but like me, fifteen year from now you will still have fond memories of your Abuelo. Think of him often; I'm sure he's up there smiling down on you.

Quebeker
15th January 2006, 15:27
sorry about your loss, my deepest sympathies to you and your family.

here's what my mom wrote the day she died: "look at the life i'm begining, not the one thats ending."

debster
15th January 2006, 15:39
I'm so sorry to hear about your grandfather, RC. You're in my thoughts & prayers. <big hug>

p'chop
15th January 2006, 22:10
RC'
My deepest sympathies and condolences. Your grandfather sounded like a great man.

calsport05
16th January 2006, 14:18
Sorry to hear about your grandfather Rene. Losing someone we love is so very hard. Remember..you will always have him in your heart so he will never be far away.

RoadChick
16th January 2006, 18:34
I really appreciate all of the kind words.. Thank you.. :) :)
I spent most of my weekend riding so I could just clear
my mind.. It was great to just ride, if felt GREAT...I feel so much
better now...

xena
16th January 2006, 18:54
I just saw this thread and I"m so sorry to hear this. My condolences to you and your remaining relatives.
Rene, I am not going to lie to you, we lost our dad in 1988 and although the pain has lessened, it never goes away but remembering all the good times will help you every single day for the rest of your life.
Take care and stay strong knowing he is safe on the other side with your grandma.

sportysrock
19th January 2006, 04:38
I'm sorry Road Chick. Smile, he was 88 and had a full life.

santansporty
19th January 2006, 06:24
Sorry to hear about your grandfather... When you are missing him and feeling too down... think about how he loved you and loves you still... and remember the things about him that will make you smile and laugh... that is what he would want for you... smiles and laughter.
JJ