PDA

View Full Version : Just moved from NC back to CA

TOPHUF
23rd April 2008, 06:10
Just wanted to drop in and say hey to the Cali folks.
I am now stationed at Edwards AFB in Mojave. I am a Marine attached to a CH-46 unit here, HMM-764 as the Maintenance Chief. I was here from 99-03 and then moved to the East coast and now I am back.
I plan on hitting my old ridding spots here soon...Mulholland Drive, Angles Crest and a few other back roads.
Is there anyone near-by?

Dave

64physhy
23rd April 2008, 06:27
Damn, Top, I didn't know we had squadrons at Edwards. Is it a reserve squadron or something? There are lots of members up around LA, and several down here around San Diego. I think I there may even be a couple from right there on Edwards ,if I remember right.

TOPHUF
24th April 2008, 01:11
Damn, Top, I didn't know we had squadrons at Edwards. Is it a reserve squadron or something? There are lots of members up around LA, and several down here around San Diego. I think I there may even be a couple from right there on Edwards ,if I remember right.

Your are correct, when El Toro and Tustin closed down they moved everybody down south except the two reserve units (HMM-764 and HMH-769). They have been here since 1999 and HMH-769 is shutting down later this Summer.
I will be the active duty Maintenance Chief here for 3 years. By the end of my tour I will have 24 years in. If they dangle E-9 in front of me I will have to stick around otherwise I will retire out of here.

64physhy
24th April 2008, 05:49
My dumb-ass volunteered for a BTT to help get E-8. My BTT just became a PTT. So now we have a whole team of mostly air wingers and no grunts going into an area around Fallujah and Ramadi with an team commander who's an AR trying to get his bird.