PDA

View Full Version : New Magazine Coming: "Motorcyclist Retro"

crazyhawk99
28th April 2008, 20:59
As far as I am concerned, the next best thing to riding bikes is reading about them. I love bikes of all catagories and if you are like me, the older "classic" bikes are always fun to check out. Many of us old geezers started out on what is now considered a "classic bike".

In a recent Motorcyclist magazine article, Mitch Boehm wrote a one page article to promo a new magazine about to hit the shelves in newstands nationwide. The word put out in the magazine is that it will not be available initially via subscription (that sucks for us overseas guys).

Pulled from the article:

"...Motorcyclist Classic, which will cover the bikes of motorcycling's Glory Days - the two decades between the mid - 60s and mid - 80s..."

"...CB Fours; Kawasaki H1s; H2s and Z1s... Bultacos; Maicos... Hodaka Wombats..."

"Of coarse, we'll also feature the guys who raced them: Roger DeCoster, Freddie Spencer..., Bob Hannah..., Eddie Lawson..., Kenny Roberts..."

With a magazine covering the 60s thru 80s, you just know there will be some great coverage of Sportys and Harleys in general. Take a minute to email the link below and let them know what you would like to see covered.

The article says the magazine will be a "higher end" magazine with a larger physical size and better quality paper.

I have scanned the article, but I am pretty sure that it is too big for me to post. PM me and I will email it to you if you want.

There is an email address in the article, so I sent and email with some questions. Mitch Boehm himself actually replied to my email and attached a PDF of the cover of the first issue. Again, PM me and I will email it to you. Although the above mentioned article indicates the magazine will be titled "Motorcyclist Classic", according to the cover Mitch emailed me, the name will now be "Motorcyclist Reto". He also says the magazine should hit the streets mid-May.

If you are excited about the magazine or have further questions, email them at: classicmail@sourceinterlink.com (classicmail@sourceinterlink.com). In todays magazine saturated market, it is hard to get a magazine off the ground, so I encourage you to email them if you would like to see this thing go to print.

I should point out that I have NOTHING to do with the magazine at all. I am a full-time, active duty US Military pilot. I just love motorcycles and am trying to pass on some info that I believe many of you would be interested in.

I don't know about you all, but I CAN'T WAIT!!!

Ride Smart!

Urrell
28th April 2008, 21:15
More details and subscription here: (http://www.motorcyclistonline.com/newsandupdates/122_0804_motorcyclist_retro/index.html)

XL 50
28th April 2008, 21:16
Sounds good. Thanks for the info.

crazyhawk99
29th April 2008, 07:11
More details and subscription here: (http://www.motorcyclistonline.com/newsandupdates/122_0804_motorcyclist_retro/index.html)

Thanks for adding the link.

I am not 100% sure, but I don't think you can subscribe to the new magazine yet. I think the "to subscribe" at the top is referring to Motorcyclist magazine. From what I understand, they won't be offering a subscription for "M Retro" until they get a large enough demand built up thru sales at book stores and newstands.

I think it will be a great magazine, but I admit that I may not be a good judge: I currently subscribe to 9 motorcycle magazines. I just can't get enough.

crazyhawk99
29th April 2008, 07:13
Sounds good. Thanks for the info.

No problem. I am just trying to spread the word so the magazine actually gets off the ground, in hopes that they soon make it available via subscription.