PDA

View Full Version : 05 1200Custom in my near furure

74FeHeadXLH
27th January 2005, 16:27
:D I recently got the ok from my wife to buy a new 1200 Custom...gotta love her...anyway I've been watching and enjoying the recent threads on exhaust backpressure etc....alot of great input ,there's awealth of knowledge and experience here, the BIG quetion here is between is of course pipes. The bike will not leave the stealership w/o stage I being done. I like txsporty's Bessani's, and have looked at a few other pipes similar to them, but I'm leaning towards Reinhart's (by BUB's) true duals for sporty's, looks like they have done their homework on the dynamics of pipe/engine performance, and they recomend a power commander be installed with their pipes, and with the implied performance they do look good as well, anybody with experience with the Reinhart pipes....Mike

longshot48
27th January 2005, 18:05
Thats whats great about owning a great bike like the Sportster. We can make our choice of pipes and other additions that meets our style needs.

There are several great exhaust system on the market today, I am sure you will find one that meets your requirements.

The one thing I would suggest is to go with a complete system over the slip on muffler type.

I had my Harley Dealer install the Cycle Shack exhuast system on my 05 1200, this system uses the stock heat shealds, they look good and also sound good.

I am attaching a pic of my bike, let me know what you think.

I am sure you will enjoy you bike when you get it.

lefty
27th January 2005, 18:39
:smoke You won't need a power commander on any current production model sporty. A power commander is an EFI controller unit. You'll need to get the carb rejetted, a much simpler, less expensive process (that requires more artful implementation). I've seen/heard lots of exhausts (kind of obsessed with them the last year) and my observation is that Bub pipes are LOUD and the cosmetic finish is, er, less than perfect. SEs have a nice finish and a moderate, if a little bit barky, sound. V&H have a very nice finish and are a little loud. Bassini and Sampson are loud, loud, loud. Did I say loud? Listen and look for youself, something will grab you. Hang out at your local HD hut. You'll see and hear everything, things you'll like and things you won't like. It's great to have so many options!!!!!!

Lefty

Gho
14th February 2005, 00:03
I went with the V&H and love'em :tour