PDA

View Full Version : Kuryakyn pegs and lights

Darhawk
28th January 2005, 01:47
I'm looking at getting some new pegs from Kuryakyn.....especially like their iso line. However, the product details only show their pegs fitting up to 2003. I am assuming that the print detail is out of date, and that their Sportster stuff above 2000 fits the 04s and 05s, but just to be safe thought I'd ask y'all if my assumption is correct???

Also looking at getting some of their bullet lights to put on my engine guard as passing/fog lights. Any comments?

Wardog
28th January 2005, 13:06
I put the Kuryakyn Switchblade Pegs on my 04 1200 Custom with no problem. If I remember correctly the necessary adapter is already in the peg. The one problem that I did have was in setting the right peg to a comfortable angle and getting it to stay there. I have to use use a :censor cheater bar on an allen wrench to get it to tighten down, but it has been fine since. :clap :clap

klamen
28th January 2005, 13:20
I put the Kuryakyn Switchblade Pegs on my 04 1200 Custom with no problem. If I remember correctly the necessary adapter is already in the peg. The one problem that I did have was in setting the right peg to a comfortable angle and getting it to stay there. I have to use use a :censor cheater bar on an allen wrench to get it to tighten down, but it has been fine since. :clap :clap

I had that same problem with the rear pegs I put on from HD. They kept coming loose, no matter how tight I got them on there. I ended up also having to use a hollow bar over the wrench to get them snugger, and haven't had a problem since.

I was looking at some of the ISO stuff from Kuryakyn as well in the past. The ones I wanted, I weren't sure if they fit the '04s. I sent them an email, and never heard back from them. So, I went with a competitor's product :(

irate
1st February 2005, 06:36
Darhawk,

I have a set of Kuryakyn ISO pegs (front only), shifter peg and grips that I didn't care for after I installed them. Nothing wrong with the product, I just didn't like the look. They were fine on my '04 Sporty. If you're interested, I'll give you a great deal on the whole set.