PDA

View Full Version : Gettysburg Bike Week

xraydave
31st January 2006, 23:06
Anyone been? I think I have my wife talked into riding with me if I get my bike back together by then. I have friends who live in town and we can stay with them.

olderthandirt
1st February 2006, 00:06
tossed the idea around and might be making the trip this summer

cutter
1st February 2006, 00:25
Went last summer and had a good time. Lots to see and a lot of bikes also. Be ready to sit in traffic. Cars and bike everwhere. Gettsburgh HD is a real nice place to visit too. You need to make it a several day trip. Too much for one day. For me it was over 400 mile round trip and we spend 5 or 6 hours there. I was very tired when I got back home. But it was fun.

Mojowill
17th February 2006, 06:56
when is it? I live 30 minutes from Gettysburg and know my back roads well enough. Is it sponsored by Battlefield HD?

xtheunknown
17th February 2006, 12:36
I drove down last year from New Hampshire. Made it a two day trip and took some nice roads on the way. I stayed there three days, which I think was too much. I had a lot of fun though.

If you have the time head south into Maryland and ride Rte. 73 thorugh Catoctin Mountain Park. It is a great road with lots of twisties.

Also, the local tourist bureau has mapped out some scenic loops through the local area. Try one of these to get a nice overview of the area.

All in all I had a fun time, but most of that was had outside of the official events at the convention center.

flskevin
17th February 2006, 13:33
I plan on riding up for this one, I always wanted to visit the battlefields anyway.

Here's a link.....

Gettysburg Bike Week (http://www.gettysburgbikeweek.com/)

klinesamuel
18th February 2006, 03:29
I live next door in York. I think it would be fun to make this an XLFORUM party. There are numerous things to do in the greater Gettysburg area.
So how about it. Who 's coming this year?
Sam

flskevin
18th February 2006, 11:48
WOOHOO!!!!!!!
:banapart
PARTY at KLINES HOUSE!!!!

klinesamuel
19th February 2006, 06:19
Hell yeah! But please RSVP so I know how much beer to buy. LOL

lagerdrinker
19th February 2006, 13:14
Hell yeah! But please RSVP so I know how much beer to buy. LOL

i never say no to beer.:smoke

Danny3nose
19th February 2006, 13:32
Count me in, I've been planning on going to Gettysburg Bike week for awhile now... July 6-9th. Already scheduled vacation. Hey Olderthandirt, we can meet halfway and then cruise over to PA...

xraydave
20th February 2006, 19:44
You already know I'm in. Let us know what you come up with Kline!

Bikerchk
20th February 2006, 20:15
We were talking about making this run, just this weekend. Danny3N- maybe we can meet up and ride with you all!

Danny3nose
20th February 2006, 20:50
We were talking about making this run, just this weekend. Danny3N- maybe we can meet up and ride with you all!

Sounds good to me.

pres41
10th March 2006, 19:11
I know I'm a little behind on this thread, but I will be there, only live 20 miles from there, sure would be nice to meet some of the pa section of the XL Forum

Pete

Moved On / My Own Choice
10th March 2006, 21:32
i never say no to beer.:smoke

BEER? Did someone call my name?

I've run out 30 through York to Gettysburg more times than I can remember.

Kev

Mojowill
13th March 2006, 06:23
they had me at: "Jim Beam Bikini Contest..."

Looks like a fun time. hope to meet some peeps.

pres41
3rd July 2006, 20:30
Posted this in the "Organize A Ride" thread, Klinesamuel and I have put this together if it will work, let us know

Ok All here's a battle plan, Klinesamuel and I seem to be the locals and will put forth this plan:

We all meet at Battlefield Harley on Rt 30 just east of Gettysburg around 11:30 or 12:00 on Fri, I have put together a nice 25 mile ride to lunch and then ride back to Gettysburg by a different route. I estimate about 3 hrs at the most, depends on how many and how long to eat.

Battlefield Harley will be busy, so as you enter there are 2 lots, one on the right, which is mostly for bike parking, the left lot will probably will have vendors, but in the left lot is a large pavilion which would make a good meeting point.

I think it will be good to share food and beverage with our fellow forum members and put some faces with names and have a small interesting ride.

If anyone has any other ideas put them forth and we can go from there, Klinesamuel chime in here if you have anything better or different.

olderthandirt
3rd July 2006, 20:37
Posted this in the "Organize A Ride" thread, Klinesamuel and I have put this together if it will work, let us know

Ok All here's a battle plan, Klinesamuel and I seem to be the locals and will put forth this plan:

We all meet at Battlefield Harley on Rt 30 just east of Gettysburg around 11:30 or 12:00 on Fri, I have put together a nice 25 mile ride to lunch and then ride back to Gettysburg by a different route. I estimate about 3 hrs at the most, depends on how many and how long to eat.

Battlefield Harley will be busy, so as you enter there are 2 lots, one on the right, which is mostly for bike parking, the left lot will probably will have vendors, but in the left lot is a large pavilion which would make a good meeting point.

I think it will be good to share food and beverage with our fellow forum members and put some faces with names and have a small interesting ride.

If anyone has any other ideas put them forth and we can go from there, Klinesamuel chime in here if you have anything better or different.

See you Friday :clap

Mojowill
4th July 2006, 05:14

That sounds great Pete. if you wanna ride down together lemme know and we can meet up at the fire hall.

klinesamuel
4th July 2006, 06:31
Sounds like were starting to get a nice little group going here. I'm looking forward to seeing everyone on Friday.

Sam

rokpunk
5th July 2006, 18:56
I'll be joining you PA peeps on Friday...if you don't mind a Marylander joining in the festivities. Mojowill has my cell phone number...I'll be at the Harley stealership around noon!

klinesamuel
5th July 2006, 21:29
I'll be joining you PA peeps on Friday...if you don't mind a Marylander joining in the festivities. Mojowill has my cell phone number...I'll be at the Harley stealership around noon!

Now we almost have enough people to make a really bad biker movie. See you this Friday rokpunk.
Sam

Mojowill
10th July 2006, 02:24
Had a great weekend, nice to meet all you XL folks. Hope the OH gang made it back safe & sound. Went back on Sat and met up with Rokpunk and saw the sights, the burnouts, and some hotties. Did a nice ride out west 30 towards Chambersburg, looped on 997 down to 233 back to 30.

heres a couple of pix:

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y13/mojowill480/july041.jpg

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y13/mojowill480/july030.jpg

xraydave
12th July 2006, 00:46
I can't believe I started this thread then deserted it just before Gettysburg. We ended up getting a late start on Saturday morning and didn't make it to the stealership until around 4:00. Wish I would have checked here before going. I would have loved to meet up with you.

Was anyone else disappointed with the "parade"? It was more like a drag race through town.

Mojowill
12th July 2006, 05:32
there was a parade? I rode into town from the west after Rokpunk n I split up it was blocker off 1 block from the square. I parked the bike right beyond the sawhorse on the main drag and walked around the square. it was just people cruisin, no organizied parade. people joining in and beggin out all willy nilly. but it was rattling the ground, so I liked it.