PDA

View Full Version : Camping gear?

seagullplayer
3rd February 2006, 03:23
I'm not sure if this is where to ask but here goes.

I'm looking for a tent I can easily pack on the bike any suggestions?

blueglide88
3rd February 2006, 03:26
I'm not sure if this is where to ask but here goes.

I'm looking for a tent I can easily pack on the bike any suggestions?

How big of a tent are you looking for? One person, two, etc?

KC_Sporty_Gal
3rd February 2006, 03:27
http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates/links/link.jsp?id=0013075512726a&type=product&cmCat=Search_Results_NYR&returnString=Ntk=Products&QueryText=backpacking+tent&_D%3AhasJS=+&Go.y=0&hasJS=true&Ne=2510&Ntt=backpacking+tent&noImage=0&Ntx=matchall&N=4458&_DARGS=%2Fcabelas%2Fen%2Fcommon%2Fsearch%2Fsearch-box.jsp.22&Go.x=0&trueNum=8&returnPage=search-results2.jsp

they have a few others that look good... just look at the tents designed for backpacking

Danny3nose
3rd February 2006, 03:37
J and P cycles has a tent/sleeping bag combo designed for carrying on motorcycles.

vicks44
3rd February 2006, 04:07
Got a Eureka 2 person tent at Wall-mart on clearence for 20 bucks, it fits perfect on a tourmaster sissy bar bag, sets up in 5 min. have taken several trips on the bike and it works great.

flskevin
3rd February 2006, 04:18
I found the perfect tent, It's about 8 x 8 and folds up in to a case thats about 5" x 5" square and 3' long. It's one of those pop open style tents that can fit one very comfortably and 2 nicely.

gunslinger
3rd February 2006, 12:57
I found the perfect tent, It's about 8 x 8 and folds up in to a case thats about 5" x 5" square and 3' long. It's one of those pop open style tents that can fit one very comfortably and 2 nicely.

What brand?
Where'd you get it?

GRAYFEATHER
3rd February 2006, 13:52
5733Some thing like this.

Grayfeather.:tour

seagullplayer
3rd February 2006, 16:35
I saw a junior tent at Walmart yesterday, it's 5x6, the folded size is about right and it's less than $20. But I think it might be a little small, I'm 6'1".

I would like a two man tent.

The 9X9 tent at Walmart was a little large (too long) in the bag.

AZbiker
5th February 2006, 06:26
It all depends on how much you wannna spend and how much space you are willing to devote to packing the tent. if you can find a 5x7, that should work fine. If you want maximum packing efficency & durability, go to REI & bust out the credit card. Otherwise, a hunting supply store will probably have a better selection than Wal-Mart, and you MIGHT just get a salesperson that knows a thing or 2 about tents, if you're lucky.

Kelley
5th February 2006, 06:37
Gotta go w/ AZbiker on this. you get what you pay for and REI salespeople know their stuff. Used to do a lot of backpacking and the tent I bought back ten years ago still looks brand new. Clean it out before you put it away and you will be passing it down to your children. If you want to be comfortable get a two man for one man. Remember, the smaller and lighter the more money. The tent I have is made by Eureka, not the most expensive and not the cheapest. It's small enough that I can put the tent and sleeping bag attached to the pillion and have room for my cooking stove and neceesities, like my coffee pot, got to have my coffee. Good luck and sometimes you can find a demo or rental a little cheaper.