PDA

View Full Version : Stainless Spokes

E00i3
7th February 2006, 18:53
Anyone have any links to find some decent priced Stainless Spokes? I am trying to decide between getting some mag wheels on ebay or going with stainless spokes on my existing wheels.

Thanks,
Ed

seajay
7th February 2006, 19:09
Try www.buchananspokes.com

Albie1200
7th February 2006, 19:10
Does your whell have a chrome hub? I was going over prices with my Indy, and we compared him relacing with stainless or chrome spokes, or just buying a complete rim. We found that with stainless it was cheaper to just buy the rim set which comes with a chrome hub. The onlt other inexpensive option ended up lacing with chrome spokes and leaving the dull hub.

Now that is taking into account his labor rate for lacing the wheel, if you lace it yourself then using stainless might be more cost effictive. BTW he also is tring to talk me into getting the 18" wheel for better handling and braking.

decman
7th February 2006, 21:49
I had mine relaced by
http://www.wheel-works.com/
polished stainless steel spokes.

looks great

E00i3
7th February 2006, 21:55
What I am thinking of doing is poweder coating my hub and stainless spokes and then relacing them to my existing chrome rim. Depending on the cost, I would then think about getting some mag wheels off of ebay and have them dipped. My dad owns a body shop and has connections to a chromer. I have a buddy that does powder coating for trackers. It is just the spokes and the relacing charge I need to figure out. I think I was quoted like 150 to relace. Is this too much?

Ed

Tedeburn
7th February 2006, 23:26
Jireh has a set of S/S spokes for 99.95

decman
8th February 2006, 00:54
If the 150 is for labor and the spokes it's OK.

What I am thinking of doing is poweder coating my hub and stainless spokes and then relacing them to my existing chrome rim. Depending on the cost, I would then think about getting some mag wheels off of ebay and have them dipped. My dad owns a body shop and has connections to a chromer. I have a buddy that does powder coating for trackers. It is just the spokes and the relacing charge I need to figure out. I think I was quoted like 150 to relace. Is this too much?

Ed

BraveLongwords
16th February 2006, 15:59
Ed,

I have a 99 XLC and went thru hell getting my 21" front relaced. I swear by Buchanans products, but be sure you get the right spokes to match your year and your hub. The 99 has both long and short spokes due to it's hub design. Your bike may be the same or different. Find out before ordering new spokes.

Here's a pic of mine..