PDA

View Full Version : 2004 XL1200c with SE .551cams...

danz
13th February 2006, 23:07
I got my bike dynoed but noticed after comming to this thread that the lame A** dyno tech shut down too soon. I could have reached 75HP or better. He shut down at 5400RPM. Since I put the cams in, the power band kicks in the most up high in the RPMs. The Puss. I will need to buy some dyno time at a good shop to trim it out. Still the Power band and A/F mix is very good IMHO.
Any suggestions are welcome.
I am currently running... Kuryakan hyper charger, SE .551 cams, V&H Short Shots. 72.93HP/72.05FPT

http://www.erraticglass.com/dynosheet1.JPG

RedRider
13th February 2006, 23:17
Hmmmm....

Wonder why he shut it down so early?

I'm sure it would have made 75 HP if he would have gone up to redline.

jimmyheadgear
13th February 2006, 23:27
Sounds pretty good!

When mine was a 1200 with .551 cams, it dyno'd out at 81 horse and 70 tq. Your operator probably left alot on the table when he only ran it to 5400.

If its possible, try doing a pull or two, with, and without the hypercharger on to see if it's limiting you at all.

In Nallin's section, they have a thread about their dyno runs with a hypercharger.

danz
13th February 2006, 23:37
Sounds pretty good!

When mine was a 1200 with .551 cams, it dyno'd out at 81 horse and 70 tq. Your operator probably left alot on the table when he only ran it to 5400.

If its possible, try doing a pull or two, with, and without the hypercharger on to see if it's limiting you at all.

In Nallin's section, they have a thread about their dyno runs with a hypercharger.

He wasn't earning any $$ so i don't think he cared. It was one of those "come in for a free dyno run" things. I figured it out after my buddies bike an "06 Night Train" ran only 67HP & 75FPT. They approached him with what they could do to make his bike faster.
The only comment they made on mine was, "who ever set it up did a great job".
I guess they figuered they would stand to make more $$ with my bud's bike than mine.
So, now that I see the numbers you are all getting I know what I need to do.
Buy time, and bring parts!:smoke

Lynk
14th February 2006, 18:23
Run conditions: 89*F... you guys make me sick! The warmest day we've seen so far this year peaked at 61*F. Luckily, it was track-day at the drag strip.

Awesome job on the carb tuning, danz! It looks great.

danz
14th February 2006, 23:24
Run conditions: 89*F... you guys make me sick! The warmest day we've seen so far this year peaked at 61*F. Luckily, it was track-day at the drag strip.

Awesome job on the carb tuning, danz! It looks great.

It was really 69F*, But it has been in the mid 70's here. Awsome riding temp.
Don't fret... spring's comming.:tour

95xlcustom
14th February 2006, 23:27
nice numbers

drharley
19th April 2006, 22:17
That's probably about all you can expect. The techs usually shut them off a little before the module cuts it off or when the hp starts to drop off and your was flattening...I'm not sure what your year sporty redlines at but the tachs are always a llittle behind the engine. You certainly were going up to 75 maybe 78. You want to wake it up, call AAron at NHRS get some stage II (for the street), a Mikuni 42, and maybe a Dyna 2Kpi ignition and you'll see 90 plus , I think they are getting around 100hp with that combo. Call Aaron or Justin.

neckball
20th April 2006, 03:25

I'm guessing that if you do back to back runs, with and without the air filter assembly, you'll see a difference, regardless of the brand.