PDA

View Full Version : Clean Controls

Finksies
15th February 2006, 03:07
I wanna get rid all the bulky stock controls on my 77 sportster. I currently have no blinkers, but I still need buttons for the horn & high low beams and maybe a kill switch. Has anyone just used their key to shut off their bikes.

jimijams69
15th February 2006, 03:16
i've rewired my bike to have a crank key and use a 3 way switch for the high, off, low

rwb
15th February 2006, 23:10
If you can swing it get the handle bars with the controls built into them. All of the hydrolics and buttons are internal, so only the button know shows. Looks good but expensive.

evade49
16th February 2006, 01:55
i took all my controls off got a marine key on/off switch and it works great with a toggle for high and low beams

wabiker
16th February 2006, 03:53
....Ive rarely used the kill switch, cuz I usually forget the key and the lights kill my battery. DoH!!!!

dabronco
16th February 2006, 04:08
I wanna get rid all the bulky stock controls on my 77 sportster. I currently have no blinkers, but I still need buttons for the horn & high low beams and maybe a kill switch. Has anyone just used their key to shut off their bikes.
I always use the key to shut my bike off, EXCEPT when I park on a hill and leave it in gear. Then and only then I use the kill switch. Then I turn the key off. It helps remind me to take it OUT of gear before I start it again. I am an extremely predictable creature of habit. Just ask my wife!