PDA

View Full Version : HI-4 install

mlf73225
19th February 2006, 16:58
can some give me a simplified version of the install of my hi-4 ...i have the instruction that came with it but its alittle confusing ...heres how i installed it ..first i brought the front cylinder to tdc..then i install the unit and did a static time ...everything seemed to be OK at first..then i realized the advance dial was in the middle position ...seemed to run alittle rough ...but fired up ok..so i turned the advance to the middle pisition..now it has a hard time turning over but then fires

IronMick
20th February 2006, 03:41
Do you have a dial-back timing light?

mlf73225
24th February 2006, 05:21
sure do ..i dont know if its just me but when i tried to time it with the light it didnt seem to want to flash to good ...is this becaus eof the 8.8 wires ? is it just me ? anyone else have this problem ..how about my light are all light ok for use with single fire ?

Gone
25th April 2006, 06:46
I have a problem with my light flashing consistently also. It's a cheapo, but it's always worked fine for autos

IronMick
25th April 2006, 14:12
I lost track of this thread somehow. Good that it has been revived. The solution to the problem of the timing light not flashing, or flashing inconsistently, is to widen the gap of the spark plug for the front cylinder to 050 while doing the timing. Then reset it to 040 for regular use. I keep an extra one in my toolbox set to 050 and use it for checking timing.