PDA

View Full Version : Harley T-Shirts

txsporty
4th February 2005, 02:29
OK, there has been a bit of talk here about HD T-shirts on different Threads.
Just wondering how many people here wear HD shirts and how many don't??

My Self, Yes I do wear them!!! I have quite a few!! I collect them from places I've been and a couple from places that I haven't been, those have been sent to me from people that I know!! :D

883Hugger
4th February 2005, 02:38
I have 3 Harley t-shirts. I only get ones I really like.

XLFREAK
4th February 2005, 03:02
I have a few, including my HOG rally shirt. It's one more thing I can collect... :D

collinsb
4th February 2005, 03:07
Wow! Wowie Wow Wow! 100% so far! That is incredible! Oh, only a few postings!

Anywho, I spend most of my wages on Harley-D T-shirts, buckles and boots. When I cruise by big plate glass windows and catch a glimpse of myself wearing my Harley shirt, I really look good. However, it's not to say I don't look good with my shirt off. I do, but I like to wear my Harley shirts because people will envy me both on and off my bike.

When ever I'm walking through a store or a park, or sitting in my church pew, quite often the little ladies will say, "Hey, mister, I really like your Harley motorcycle shirt. It is really colorful and you look very manly in it!" Some times such compliments embarrass me, but I usually reply with a modest, "oh, I suppose I do!"

However, sometimes, and it's usually a jealous boyfriend, will come up to me and say, "Hey bub, you think your pretty tough wearing that stupid Harley shirt. Maybe I ought to bop you in your nose!" I always apologize for offending them with my choice of wearing apparel, and then I punch them in the head. Some folks are just bad people!

Anyway, I wear my Harley shirts to show I am a great Harley fan and a great American!

Billy

flathead45
4th February 2005, 03:16
all I own are hd tshirts, well I do have one t thats not hd its skeletons in all sorts of differant sex positions , but everything else says hd on it

74FeHeadXLH
4th February 2005, 03:18
Damn the poll sure does'nt reflect all the negative vibes Harley t-shirts and stickers were getting a while ago....I wear my HD tee's often and most of them arent even from the state I live in now, and a hand full the country.....Mike 74xlh

chipdog4
4th February 2005, 03:22
I wear them as often as I can. I always catch people staring, especially when I wear my Harley coat, mainly because I look like I don't own one. I think the guys that stare ride the crotch rockets and are intimidated and the chicks that stare are usually sorority sluts. :smoke

My favorite experience was this old bag of shit at the factory I work at during the summers. He said "people are going to think you gotta harley wearing those shirts all the time." He looked at me stupidly when I said that's the plan.

The good thing is you make a ton of friends when you wear one. I've actually made some connections with some guys at a couple different places for when I graduate school.

ESCOBAR
4th February 2005, 03:36
yeah man i think half my wardrobe is hd shirts and then i get from the wife you got another one? :laugh and i said yup! see i travel alot and i get the ones i like best, i am very particular the only kind i get have to have the hd bar & shield on the uper left or a pocket tee and any solid color i'm not into the tie die or any thing with eagles in short gimmmie a plain front with a badd ass back print! :yikes i also get the looks chipdog4 when i wear my coat also, seeing as how i do not look like the typical harley rider, me personaly think my jacket is she shit it's the harley spped jacket, you know the one that looks like a race jacket :D

ok i'm done for now there was my 2 cents :clap

:wonderlan ESCO :wonderlan

NMdesertrider
4th February 2005, 03:39
I have somewhere around 7 or 10 harley shirts. Most of them were given to me by other people. I like wearing them. I look fairly young and I know a lot of people look at me and think "yeah right, that kid doesn't ride a Harley" but many of them don't have the balls to come up to me and ask. I guess it's a sense of pride.

I also like the attitude I get when I go into crotch rocket shops wearing a Harley shirt. It's ironic that they give me the attitude because they think I am going to give them s :censor t for being SQUIDs.

Not to mention my Harley t-shirts are the only t-shirts I have that aren't too offensive/ratty/evil to wear to work.

Willard
4th February 2005, 04:14
Been wearing H-D shirts for 32 years . . .
Most of the ones I've collected have
"Sportster" on the front of them . . .

Kenny
4th February 2005, 04:21
I'll be brief. One Harley shirt and One Harley sweatshirt but the ol lady has tons.

leo_frantic
4th February 2005, 04:33
I wear a lot of HD shirts (they look good and the quality is good.) I've got a thing for skulls, so most of my shirts are biker shirts but not all HD shirts.

My creedo is this: If there's a place where you can't wear a shirt with skulls and flames on it, then I don't wanna be there.

biggdann
4th February 2005, 04:42
Wifey bought me 10 new ones to go with my 25 or so old ones.

dabronco
4th February 2005, 04:42
Around here it seems that only yuppie bikers and bike-less bikers wear HD t-shirts.
I have a harley....don't need the shirt.

Confused89
4th February 2005, 04:49
I have four harley shirts and one buell shirt that I got from charleston sc. Just a little souviner from a spring break 3 years ago.

Moved On
4th February 2005, 04:59
I bought a whole bunch the first year I had my bike, now only buy one if I'm out of town on buisness, which doesn't happen too often. A few folks in my office got into the act and get me a shirt from some far off place when they travel.

I don't like the black ones, we have too many pets and I don't like cat fur all over my fancy looking Harley tee shirts.

The local HOG started doing "tee shirt bingo" a year ago. At every monthly meeting they draw a state name out of a hat and if anyone has a match (has to be a dealer shirt) they take away $20. If no one wins the cash rolls over to the next month and accumulates an extra $20. You'd be surprised how often there is no match even when there are a hundred people with different shirts on in the room. I guess everybody travels to the same few states.

Gazza

Kenny
4th February 2005, 05:04
The local HOG started doing "tee shirt bingo" a year ago. At every monthly meeting they draw a state name out of a hat and if anyone has a match (has to be a dealer shirt) they take away $20.

Gazza

Do you have to be wearing the shirt to win?

rider1951
4th February 2005, 05:08
I have 3 from where I bought my bike. They cost about $11,000 but they threw in a bike for free. I wear them but not very often. I really like my bike but feel no need to spend $30.00 for a t-shirt to help advertise stealers.

883Hugger
4th February 2005, 05:08
I don't like the black ones, we have too many pets and I don't like cat fur all over my fancy looking Harley tee shirts.

I hear ya on that. I have a cat with long white hair that seems to find its way on to everything. I try to avoid the black t-shirts, and thats why it is so hard for me to find a shirt at the dealer I like. Not too many other colors.

Moved On
4th February 2005, 05:16
Do you have to be wearing the shirt to win?
:laugh Yea, you have to be wearing it. They have so many stinking rules :frownone They told me I'd be disqualified if I came with 15 different shirts on too... what up with that :frownthre

Gazza

gronk62
4th February 2005, 09:10
Wow! Wowie Wow Wow! 100% so far! That is incredible! Oh, only a few postings!

Anywho, I spend most of my wages on Harley-D T-shirts, buckles and boots. When I cruise by big plate glass windows and catch a glimpse of myself wearing my Harley shirt, I really look good. However, it's not to say I don't look good with my shirt off. I do, but I like to wear my Harley shirts because people will envy me both on and off my bike.

When ever I'm walking through a store or a park, or sitting in my church pew, quite often the little ladies will say, "Hey, mister, I really like your Harley motorcycle shirt. It is really colorful and you look very manly in it!" Some times such compliments embarrass me, but I usually reply with a modest, "oh, I suppose I do!"

However, sometimes, and it's usually a jealous boyfriend, will come up to me and say, "Hey bub, you think your pretty tough wearing that stupid Harley shirt. Maybe I ought to bop you in your nose!" I always apologize for offending them with my choice of wearing apparel, and then I punch them in the head. Some folks are just bad people!

Anyway, I wear my Harley shirts to show I am a great Harley fan and a great American!

Billy
hahaha Billy you always crack me up! http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v341/gronk62/lol.gif

I'm assuming you were wearin your tough Harley Tshirt during the event's you mentioned in the following story from the old XL Forum?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v341/gronk62/hahaha.gifBad arse Billy (http://www.xlforum.net/oldxlforum/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=2226&highlight=&sid=6127b5b0ef7cd7b76707bb88bff2d6c6)

gordy
4th February 2005, 11:23
nope dont wear them got brought one for xmas havent even been out of the wrapper yet. I tend to wear either T-shirts from aftermarket suppliers or non MoCo related bike T-shirts.

RedRider
4th February 2005, 12:01
I love how we as a group are always mother-I LUV XLF!--I LUV XLF!--I LUV XLF!--I LUV XLF!--I LUV XLF!-ing H-D dealers, dealer labor rates, salesmen, the moco, moco's marketing schemes, extended warranties etc., but then we turn around and spend $20.00 or more on a shirt that says H-D and/or the dealership's name on it and wear them around with pride.... :wtf

Does this not seem to add up, or is it just me?

BTW, I have one H-D shirt & don't make a habit of bad-mouthing H-D and it's dealers.

EequalsIxR
4th February 2005, 12:12
I travel in my job and it seems I buy one at every HD dealer I see. I have started a HD shirt Friday here at work. Have about four or five of us participating so far.

XLFREAK
4th February 2005, 12:20
I wear 'em when I'm not wearing my LSU shirts.

alleydude
4th February 2005, 12:43
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v341/gronk62/hahaha.gifBad arse Billy (http://www.xlforum.net/oldxlforum/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=2226&highlight=&sid=6127b5b0ef7cd7b76707bb88bff2d6c6)

Great THREAD!

nope dont wear them got brought one for xmas havent even been out of the wrapper yet. I tend to wear either T-shirts from aftermarket suppliers or non MoCo related bike T-shirts.

Why, are they paying you to advertise for them? :laugh

fleiszpelz
4th February 2005, 12:55
i've got two t's with the text:
harley -I LUV XLF!--I LUV XLF!--I LUV XLF!--I LUV XLF!--I LUV XLF!--I LUV XLF!--I LUV XLF!-**g davidson
and one with this text on the back:
if you can read this, the bitch fell off

harley shirts? :frownthre

Desertfox
4th February 2005, 13:13
I buy a tshirt ever time I visit an out of town Dealership. that's about it.

bplinson
4th February 2005, 13:19
I have got a few. I like to buy them when I am out of town.

sportymark
4th February 2005, 13:38
I must have about a dozen, I like collecting them from different countries.

Sad I know!

klown
4th February 2005, 14:19

Billy, we found something else to agree on, you're an alright guy.

Lostwheel
4th February 2005, 14:45
Couple from a few different dealers around the area.Buy alot during the nicer weather on all the runs and at different swapmeets.Bikes and boots from H.D. but the wallet always stears me towards the discounts on everything else.

raysheen
4th February 2005, 15:15
hmmm, interesting poll...never bought an hd shirt...got one for free with my bike got one as a present, and won one, but I rarely wear any of them...I do have a cool United Bikers of Maine sweat shirt that I wear a lot though! :laugh
I do make it a point to visit the local harley dealer in every country/major city that I visit though...last I checked Paris HD was selling tee shirts for 40 Euros way to rich for my blood with the current state of the dollar :D

XLFREAK
4th February 2005, 15:26
I wear 'em when I'm not wearing my LSU shirts.

I wear mine under my LSU sweatshirt. :clap I think I wore one to the Sugarbowl last year in fact. ;)

I make it a point to buy a shirt at a dealer I've never been to before, or when I'm out of the NOLA area. I've got shirts from HD New Orleans, Northshore Harley (several actually, they seem to give me free shirts on a regular basis), Pensacola Harley, Naples Harley, Fairfax, VA Harley a buddy at work picked up for me when he was up there, and HD of the Bahamas.

I should have asked Chicago HD to throw in a shirt after ordering all the crap I bought from them last week. :D

BlackSkull883
4th February 2005, 15:33
I've got about 15 of them. My favorite ones are the ones I find on ebay for 10 bucks though. I've gotten some pretty good ones on there, but my old lady thinks I'm weird for buying other people's shirts. I figure if I can save 20 bucks on them and they're clean, why not?

I try to pick one at dealers that I visit in other towns/states too, but sometimes I just dont feel like plucking down 30 bucks for one - it's gotta be a bad ass shirt for that much cash.

P-Diddly
4th February 2005, 15:56
I wear them sometimes when I ride but I'm really kind of self-conscious about it.

When it comes to clothes, either you wear them or they wear you. This has to do with whether or not your overall appearance suits a certain style.

When it comes to HD clothes, they definately wear me. I'm a geeky, clean shaven, 40 something suburbanite, white male. When I put on an HD tshirt, I look like I'm trying to be something I'm not.

I bought the bike because I like to ride and it looks cool. I did not buy it to make me look cool. There's no hope of that. :tour

Everett
4th February 2005, 16:18
i have a couple. i got one from my local dealer and then i got one for xmas from a bud of mine from the local dealer. i got 1 from Meredith, NH, when i went up there.

LeavenworthJeff
4th February 2005, 16:37
I think that I have bought only one T-shirt for myself from Montreal, the rest have come from friends and family. Same goes for the boots, wallet and hats all have came from friends and family. People don't know what to get you, probably because if you wanted it you would just go out and buy it, so they go for the HD stuff. I have no problem with that!

97' 883 Hugger taxes paid

gamhill
4th February 2005, 17:16
I have one H-D shirt, it was a Christmas present. I've never worn it. I'm not much into wearing logos. Yes, I also take the dealer stickers/plate frames off my cars. I figure if they won't pay me, why should I give them free ad space?

My "price" for ad space equals the monthly payment, so far I've had no "takers" for this wonderful deal!!!! :wonderlan

bullittt
4th February 2005, 17:21
The best shirts in the kc area are from the HD factory..............if you haven,t taken the tour .do so.........very cool!!!!!! but you got to ring up for a reservation........free!!!!!

HotRodSporty
4th February 2005, 22:24
I wear them. I am a little picky so its hard to find ones I like but when I find them I buy them and WEAR them!!!!

HotRodSporty
4th February 2005, 22:27
I love how we as a group are always mother-I LUV XLF!--I LUV XLF!--I LUV XLF!--I LUV XLF!--I LUV XLF!-ing H-D dealers, dealer labor rates, salesmen, the moco, moco's marketing schemes, extended warranties etc., but then we turn around and spend $20.00 or more on a shirt that says H-D and/or the dealership's name on it and wear them around with pride.... :wtf

Does this not seem to add up, or is it just me?

BTW, I have one H-D shirt & don't make a habit of bad-mouthing H-D and it's dealers.

Very true. I dont like the dealers, salemen, or the marketing schemes either. But I guess we all love Harley's being that we ride one. So to me it seems not proud of the crap one can deal with but the love of the brand of our bikes.
I wear Harley shirts cause I love Harleys, not the dealers, stealers, ignorant sales people, or anything else, just for the love of the brand.
I dont make habits of bad mouthing them either, I have had some not so good incounters with them. Some sales people are ignorant or talk to you like your stupid, and I hate that. And I have been to 5 local dealers for services and only one has been anygood. If I have to take it to a dealer thats the one I will go to, but I will for now on try and do everything myself.
But I LOVE HARLEY's and Sporties and have waited so long for one thaqt I will wear the shirts with pride as a owner.

XLinAL
5th February 2005, 02:39
Thirty dollars for a shirt? No way. I have two. I got both when I bought my bike. I'd rather spend my $ on my bike. :D

I can see the appeal of gathering shirts as a way to show where you've been. I'm just too cheap a bastard to buy them. :rolleyes:

I saw a shirt that I really want. It says " I own a bike, not just a t-shirt". :smoke

collinsb
5th February 2005, 03:11
Billy, we found something else to agree on, you're an alright guy.

Now I definitely know your plugs ain't sparkin right, and your clutch is slippin!
Well! OK! Maybe I'll let you be one of my little biker buddies. However, if you ever say something I don't like, then mayby I'll never speak to you again!

Once, I had to give old Bert the silent treatment! A few days later, he came crawling back, begging me to speak to him again! It was an ugly and pitiful sight!

Billy

collinsb
5th February 2005, 03:21
hahaha Billy you always crack me up! http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v341/gronk62/lol.gif

I'm assuming you were wearin your tough Harley Tshirt during the event's you mentioned in the following story from the old XL Forum?

Yes Phil, I am always wearing my H-D shirts, even when I'm thrusted into life and death action. My shirts always stay perfectly clean, without a wrinkle. It just goes to show you how important ones constant training is to ones survival.

Billy

HrdlyDangrs
5th February 2005, 03:32
I've owned a few over the years....like the Harley T-that mimics the Jack Daniels Whiskey logo......The early style H-D logo.......and just Harley-Davidson in letters. All were from 'Independent Shops'....before H-D went and confiscated anything that wasn't licensed by them.

Yep...makes them old and I pretty much wore them out to shreds....'cause I won't buy any of the H-D T's with the Dealers name all over the back.

I don't want to be a walking billboard for the dealer's....I just like the Harley-Logos by themselves.....hard to find.

04newhog
5th February 2005, 04:26
:smoke :laugh :) I been wearing Harley shirts from dealers for 50 years and I'm only 48. I was born with one on. I always rip the sleeves off cause I have such big guns (arms) an when I was born my momma said this kid has huge bisseps an is a future Harley bad ass biker man. She had me tattooed at 3 days old with HD which covers my entire back, in orange an black. My first trycycle had 18" apehangers on it, an I joined a biker club at 12 years old. Just look at my avatar...thats an actual artists rendition of me a few years back!!!

Now top that collinsb!!!!

gronk62
5th February 2005, 07:43
:smoke :laugh :) I been wearing Harley shirts from dealers for 50 years and I'm only 48. I was born with one on. I always rip the sleeves off cause I have such big guns (arms) an when I was born my momma said this kid has huge bisseps an is a future Harley bad ass biker man. She had me tattooed at 3 days old with HD which covers my entire back, in orange an black. My first trycycle had 18" apehangers on it, an I joined a biker club at 12 years old. Just look at my avatar...thats an actual artists rendition of me a few years back!!!

Now top that collinsb!!!!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v341/gronk62/lol.gif LMAO http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v341/gronk62/lol.gif

collinsb
5th February 2005, 11:37
:smoke :laugh :) I been wearing Harley shirts from dealers for 50 years and I'm only 48. I was born with one on. I always rip the sleeves off cause I have such big guns (arms) an when I was born my momma said this kid has huge bisseps an is a future Harley bad ass biker man. She had me tattooed at 3 days old with HD which covers my entire back, in orange an black. My first trycycle had 18" apehangers on it, an I joined a biker club at 12 years old. Just look at my avatar...thats an actual artists rendition of me a few years back!!! Now top that collinsb!!!!

OH YEAH! Well here's a picture of my arms:

http://www.creatina.com.br/muscles.jpg

and my legs:

http://www.fastmuscles.com/images/Rob2.jpg

are ya scared yet?
Ok smartypants, maybe I'll give ya soma this, and an Indian head rub!!

http://www.photopost.com/photopost/data/500/84735greg1.jpg

Mountainrun
5th February 2005, 13:39
I generally just like a plain black t-shirt but wear H-D shirts from the indy shops if I like the design. Saw one the other day that said on the back "Please make your boobs stop staring at my eyes!" :D

74FeHeadXLH
5th February 2005, 15:59
Dang Billy...looks like ya hang at the gym a bit

Flamin883
5th February 2005, 17:23
Only one problem billy, your not wearin a HD shirtin your pic.

toothygrin
5th February 2005, 19:13
Don't provoke him- he may just rip your eyes out thru your monitor

Flamin883
5th February 2005, 19:20
nah, he wouldn't do that. He's my XL forum biker buddy. Arn't ya billy, billy please I'm sorry billy I didn't mean nothin, really :cry1 :cry1 :cry1 :cry1
come on budy you know I was just funnin, billy, billy :surrender :surrender :surrender :bump

Moved On
5th February 2005, 20:27
Dang Billy...looks like ya hang at the gym a bitI think he started to go to the gym, but then one day this buff body builder with a handlebar moustache and a lot of cologne tried to get to close to Billy while he was bench pressing 35 lbs. Billy didn't like that funny boy body builder making a pass at him so he gave that guy an old fashioned ass whooping. The gym banned him, so he started working out in his garage. He started out just lifting spare pieces of chrome then slowly moved up to the point where he could bench press his shiny red sporty. Now all the girls really think that Billy is a handsome guy with all his shiny chrome and shiny muscles.

Gazza

txsporty
6th February 2005, 04:12
Dang Billy...looks like ya hang at the gym a bit

I think he looks kinda scary to me!!! :yikes

74FeHeadXLH
6th February 2005, 04:20
I think he looks kinda scary to me!!! :yikes
That's why I count my blessins at night....cause see billybada$$sportybenchinmofo is on our side, it's all them that need to be afeared... :clap ....Mike 74xlh :smoke

thatbikerguy
13th May 2005, 14:06
Only if I ride my bike to the store, do I purchase a T shirt

bplinson
13th May 2005, 14:14
I only wear tattoo shirts like the ones here, http://www.bwild.com/sltacl.html, when I ride!!! :laugh

stevo
13th May 2005, 14:25
I now have 2 jenyouwhine HD T-shirts.....

'cos someone sent me another one :D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Thanks ;)

Gone
13th May 2005, 14:28
Wowsers -- those are like wearing a sign that says beat the living crap outta me --please!

XLFREAK
13th May 2005, 22:29

My Self, Yes I do wear them!!! I have quite a few!! I collect them from places I've been and a couple from places that I haven't been, those have been sent to me from people that I know!! :D

And I'm damn proud to wear mine. I have been wearing Harley shit since I was a baby. Harley Davidson motorcycles are the best damn motorcycle period IMO.

I have short sleeves and long sleeves. If I'm not wear other various biker shirts then it's a Harley shirt. I don't give a flying f-ck what anybody thinks of the way I look. I have the bike and I wear the shirts...

:tour

Loco
SoCal...

exit143
13th May 2005, 22:58
At this point I may not have any shirts that are not HD :)

mordak
13th May 2005, 23:03
Yes the more the better. But I like some of the others only get the ones I like.

stevo
14th May 2005, 01:56
Here's a couple of pics of yours truly in his latest HD T

Mate named sporty rocked up on his sporty with a new helmet...and I had the T on and thought....Great photo op

so here's they is

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y223/stevo84cube/sporty2002.jpg

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y223/stevo84cube/sporty2001.jpg

Barryn37
14th May 2005, 03:09
Should we even vote on this?...:)

GRAYFEATHER
14th May 2005, 03:28
Have one HD T its 23yrs old and I use it to clean my car of all things.

Grayfeather.

gronk62
14th May 2005, 07:46
LMAO!! :laugh

Kenny
14th May 2005, 07:58
It may not be a Harley shirt but it's a must have.

http://img228.echo.cx/img228/2126/9c1b6dp.jpg
I'm sure Gronk would wear it. :D

gronk62
14th May 2005, 08:05
http://img228.echo.cx/img228/2126/9c1b6dp.jpg
I'm sure Gronk would wear it. :D
.......umm....hmm...cough..No! :laugh

buckhorns
24th June 2007, 18:02
Have several , wear them quite often.

Loneduck1
24th June 2007, 18:13
Started collecting them 3 years ago. Though when overseas in the orient its hard if not impossible to find a 2xl. Could't find one that would fit in Japan...:)

bearsfan
24th June 2007, 18:20
Wow!

101 posers have replied to this poll.
12 "real bikers" have.

(posers wear H-D stuff, "real bikers" don't)
I'm impressed! :laugh

I wear 'em...so I'm a poser. A guy at work has better ones though...
Like these (http://www.tshirtoutlet.com/7018.html)

Johnny Wolf
24th June 2007, 19:31
Have several , wear them quite often.

Off topic but...

Buckhorns,

You owe me a Pabst Blue Ribbon! I just spit it all over my desk, monitor and floor when I saw your avatar. Just in case you ever change it I'll post it here for future reference.

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y298/johnny_wolf/avatar10695_11.jpg

I'll bet this is what she really looks like b-4 they russle her to the ground for shearing and make-up. There is only a few people in the world that I can truly say I really dislike a lot (putting it mildly) this beauty is at the top of my list.:smoke

texrex
24th June 2007, 19:36
I must be a poser...a cheap poser though since all the Harley shirts I have came off Ebay and I don't think I have over $10 in any of them :D

Johnny Wolf
24th June 2007, 19:39
I must be a poser...a cheap poser though since all the Harley shirts I have came off Ebay and I don't think I have over $10 in any of them :D

nope....just a smart poser :laugh

bookman
24th June 2007, 20:38
I had to vote no, because I don't own any. I bought a HD jacket to wear during the beginning riders/safety course. I would wear the t-shirts if I had any, but am saving my money for a FF helmet, a summer jacket, new riding boots, and hopefully someday a 1200R.

rcliffor
24th June 2007, 21:40
No... nothing negative about wearing them, I just don't happen to own any.

Takingabreak
24th June 2007, 22:11
Every day, except on Sundays, then I were my HOG dress shirts to church.

JohnT
24th June 2007, 22:43
Nope. Wouldn't pay to wear anyone's logo.

Hot Rod Sporty
24th June 2007, 22:56
I'd have to say that I'm more of a 'collector' of Harley T-shirts because I've got about 15, but I never (well hardly ever) wear them. The only one I wear with ANY frequency is the one I got in Paris last year.

Mostly, I wear plain t-shirts. I do have a few old school lookin' motorcycle t-shirts (slub cotton) that I got from a company in Pasadena called Johnson Motors, but most of their stuff has Triumph written on it. I have the few that have just motorcycles on them. Only wear those occasionally, tho.

sportysrock
25th June 2007, 00:25
I have a few of them. Who is tired of them mostly coming in black?

Johnny Wolf
25th June 2007, 00:30
I have a few of them. Who is tired of them mostly coming in black?

Me...

My wife bought me one in olive green (can't imagine why) with a board tracker on the front for Fathers Day.

I bought my Dad a burnt orange one for fathers day.

pquirk
25th June 2007, 00:40
I have a few of them. Who is tired of them mostly coming in black?Me too. I only buy non-black ones I'm not tough enough to wear those cool black T-shirts but I've gotten a few as gifts.
:)

Brad
25th June 2007, 00:42
Just went thru them - laundry day...

10 short sleeve + 4 more that I'm not keeping (goodwill).
2 long sleeve.

The ones I have are either gifts or from dealers that I like.

82ndJumper
25th June 2007, 00:43
I have a few HD tshirts. When the mother in law goes places for work she gets me one.

milmat1
25th June 2007, 00:43
If I'm not working, I'm in Jeans or shorts,
With a HD, AHDRA, Racing, T-Shrt !!

Gone
25th June 2007, 01:48
I have over ten from different states. Of course I also bought a couple from the local dealer as well.

superwarden
25th June 2007, 01:53
Not sure you can legally ride a harley and not wear at least one harley shirt. Heck, they give you one when you buy a bike from the dealer.

Johnny the fox
25th June 2007, 02:13
I've got a few. My mates & I got this idea that wherever you go you bring back a shirt for the rest of the guy s gals. Troubl is at50 bucks a shirt things are getting a trifle expensive.

Still I'm not putting off doing swaps.

We wear our H-D shirts with pride inthis part of the world.

ReddTigger
25th June 2007, 02:39
I've got a bunch of em, Mostly non black, I have about 5 or 6 black ones, 4 or 5 grey ones, 3 or 4 blue ones, 4 or 5 beige/off white ones. both my red one and orange one are from Myrtle Beach.

I won't buy a white HD t-shirt, I Know it'll get ruined...

I've also got 3 of the long sleeve ones. A denim, A leather vest and some gloves. oh yeah and my boots, So Thats all the HD wear I wear.

Hot Rod Sporty
25th June 2007, 02:40
I always buy either black or white. I'm not crazy about the green, orange, blue, red, etc.......

My biggest gripe is the riduculous graphics on the back. I remember when harley shirts had either a simple bar and shield on the front, and just lettering indicating the dealership and address/location on the back. I hate all the crap on the back these days. That's probably why I only wear the one from the shop in Paris. Simple bar and shield on the front and on the back is simply lettering indicating "Harley Davidson Shop, Paris France" on the back. I picked one up in Nice, France, as well, but it's got so much crap on the back that I've NEVER actually worn it....:rolleyes:

drd1135
25th June 2007, 03:28
I have about 8-9, most were gifts. My daughter/wife/other family have discovered that each dealer has their own shirts, so this has become an easy gift item for hard-to-buy-for me :p

rdgzoe
25th June 2007, 03:34
I like collars on my shirts but Harely doesn't make shirts like that.

cuban_sporty_rider
25th June 2007, 11:51
i wear my HD shirts. i dont have too many. i also collect the Iraq HD shirts. i bought my dad an offiial one (hard to find the official HD ones out here....if you buy em from the locals, they have the tag, but you know its only sewn on). i also have my Iraqi "Hardley" Davidson shirt that i wear out here all the time. its the bar and sheild, but all the lettering in it is done in arabic.

Destry
25th June 2007, 13:19
No need to wear a HD shirt. The Sporty I ride says it all.

Hot Rod Sporty
25th June 2007, 13:31
I like collars on my shirts but Harely doesn't make shirts like that.

Yes, Harley does make shirts with collars. Buttondowns, golf shirts, lots of 'em.

Carl-04XL
25th June 2007, 15:10
I got one from my son for Dad's day. It has Marvin on the front, with a VROD. :frownone

It's got Wile E. Coyote, Taz, and Yosemite Sam on the back with the local dealers name.

I have some other dealer shirts, both local and not. I don't think I have one that is just H-D, but it's possible. T-shirts are my uniform du jour, even at work (bus driver and I'm on vacation ALL summer).

My favorite t-shirts are the "Long Tail T's" from Duluth Trading (http://www.duluthtrading.com/) .

kbfarkas
25th June 2007, 16:12
I was just on a trip out west and my 2 newest shirts are. A black long sleeve from San Diego HD.
The other is not a dealer shirt, however I thought having a Harly shirt from Tijuana, Mexico would be cool.

unfiguroutable
25th June 2007, 20:53
I have one dealer shirt that my mother in law sent me for my b-day. it is the only one i have but still had to say yes. I Dont really care what people think though. I try to dress appropriate for the situation. If I am riding I wear long sleaves and jeans, going to the beach or lounging around board shorts and flip flops, spandex and jersey for bicycling ,shirt with a collar for dinner out. What I mean is I dont go out of my way to look like a 'biker' I just wear what fits the activity.

cgp-1200R
25th June 2007, 21:13
I have 4

Geneva, NY , Rochester NY, Corning NY, Tampa Fla

DOCDAVE
25th June 2007, 21:23
I have H-D t's and button up H-D alot compliments on that one. Mostley Nascar t's thanks u-line.

Sleeper
26th June 2007, 04:02
I don't wear HD t-shirts any more. I've grown to hate the company over the years, but I still love the bike.

shame
27th June 2007, 11:31
I've been wearing Harley T's for over 30 years.... started when I bought my first bike at 18... I now have a collection of 3 sizes, 2 of which I hope to fit into again some day...

NoTolerance
27th June 2007, 15:40
I'm not a huge fan of paying a company to advertise for them. HD shirts are too rich for my blood, so unless someone gives me one for free, I don't wear them. I'm certainly not about to drop $30 on a black t-shirt that's going to fade to a dark gray after 7 washes.

I do tend to wear black tees more often than not, but I think that has more to do with the fact that I've always tended to wear black tees, so there's an overabundance of them in my closet.

54-FLE
1st July 2007, 02:37
I buy the ones with the old bike pictures on them. I have some with the old 45's, knuckle heads, the old board trackers, the cool ones. But I got coffe mugs from all over.

Infidel
1st July 2007, 02:39
Had my wife send me one from Wisconsin for me to sleep in as I dream of riding while I'm away, it's from the Northern lights HD. I have people send them from dealers around them if anything to get them to go look at the pretty bikes and get interested.

drd1135
1st July 2007, 02:45
I've only paid for two of mine, one from Orlando and one from Edinburgh, Scotland. I will admit, however, that I genuinely like HD T-shirts. It's not a poser thing, I'm a geek not a biker. I just like them.

Infidel
1st July 2007, 03:06
I might be pissing on a hornets nest but who would like one from Iraq?
They might say Kuwiat on them because the have dealership there.

Nightster1
1st July 2007, 04:47
I wear them sometimes.

Horse
1st July 2007, 04:51
I wear em, but I have a policy, I never wear a shirt from a particular dealership, into that dealership.

RoadChick
4th July 2007, 05:32
I wear them and own them. I like to collect them from places I visit that's my souvenir to myself.

I only have them from OR/WA/CA/AZ/NV. and Hawaii. Hmmm?? I will have lots after I do that across country ride next summer.

Big_Baazzoo
4th July 2007, 07:49
I like them and wear them often.

humgums
10th July 2007, 21:18
I've got a couple and hope to pick up a couple more in Alaska this summer.

knightrider213
30th July 2007, 01:48
Much like many here have commented, I try to collect a shirt from every dealership I visit as a souvenir of the visit. I've made several trips to dealers strictly to buy a shirt and look around at what they have that everyone else doesn't. I like it when a dealer goes out of their way to have unusual items.

54-FLE
30th July 2007, 02:06
Yeah, like the dealership in Jackson had H.D. bicycles. Gas tanks with emblems and sportster like wire wire wheels, the works. For around 1500- to 1800- dollars. That was the firs time I have ever seen a H.D. bicycle. Unusual to say the least.

phantom
30th July 2007, 02:16
I collect H-D t-shirts too.And I don't make enough money, and I'm way too conservative to be a Yuppie.And I'm damn sure I ain't a RUB.

Ameri-Deutsch
30th July 2007, 02:23
Being somewhat new to the Harley Scene my father in law hooked me up with some hand me downs ( he has about a million HD shirts) and my folk sent me two from michigan. Now thats all i wear. HAHA!

hikerbiker
4th August 2007, 00:50
I have them from all over the world.
And am collecting them as we speak....

mid30
4th August 2007, 05:05
I have 3 so far. I ware them all the time.

sportysrock
4th August 2007, 15:35
I wear em, but I have a policy, I never wear a shirt from a particular dealership, into that dealership.

Hey that's cool. I like that!

Piggy
4th August 2007, 16:20
Yes I have a few and I wear them, what else would I do with them? I still refuse to wear underwear though Harley or not. :)

reconusmc1966
4th August 2007, 16:45
Being a HD newbee as of 7/13/07 The dealer gave me two if my choice,
I sleep in 'em...jokin of cource..I'll probably collect them.

" It Don't Mean Nothin' "

drthem
4th August 2007, 17:31

never while riding i think its gay,the bike already says harley allover it so please dont be a lame ass

TheExecutioner
7th September 2007, 21:33
Wow this is an old thread...lol
Damn right I do.
I have shirts from all over the world..plus many bike fest shirts.
Being in a band..I've collected alot of shirts over the years.

KCS
7th September 2007, 22:29
I have a Harley mouse pad in my office. Does that count? Ok, ok, I’ll get a t-shirt…

YOFFI
8th September 2007, 00:01
i like swapping dealer t-shirts with other countries and spend most of my life in t-shirt and jeans so why not!

love the fact that all the people who slag off stealers keep there mouth securely shut when they have a problem with there bike and want the stealers help:clap

seventeen years in the bike industry dealing with lovely people........honest...............ok some of them:)

Gone
8th September 2007, 00:31
I have and wear a few, but they are not my only wardrobe items.
When I was a young guy and just got my Panhead ('58 Pan I bought in '76) all I wore was HD T-shirts.
That was then, this is now.

tneff
8th September 2007, 02:23
Have 5 or 6, I to only get ones I really like. Usually ones with old school looking bikes and gals :)

milmat1
20th September 2007, 23:08
Wow this is an old thread...lol

NOT ANYMORE !!!!:laugh :laugh

Yea I Wear em ! Not Always HD though, But Usually a Tee of some type !!!

Rock Bottom
21st September 2007, 01:00
Harley Hats, T-Shirts, Watches, Belt & Buckel, Key Fob, Boots, & lots of other stuff have been given to me over the last 30+ years, I use them all from time to time

Biker Chick
21st September 2007, 17:50
Oh, yeah, I wear HD t-shirts a lot (I pretty much live in t-shirts). I've been asked by several people, "Do you ever wear anything other than HD t-shirts?"

coldsmokeJR
24th September 2007, 05:07
Harley spends millions on advertisement, and at $25 a pop, they dont need my help!

Hillbilly Wolf
24th September 2007, 07:05
Oh hell yeah I wear Harley t-shirts! As a matter of fact, I still have the first Harley shirt I ever bought. I got it back when I was a teenager dreaming of owning a Harley one day. Man, that was like 17 years ago, and it's not fallen apart yet (although I'm sure my wife would like to make a rag out of it!). That’s a damn well made shirt!

oldtriumph
24th September 2007, 10:49
I have one but I rarely wear it. Too many non-bikers have them here, and the motor company really doesn't need my chest as advertising space. I do wear a Triumph shirt sometimes.

Gone
20th October 2007, 04:24
yes, my wife and I both wear them at times. We only buy them on sale. They are really expensive as is anything with H-D on it.

lincoln1975
20th October 2007, 05:25
i do wear the HD shirts. mostly on my days off.

danonator
20th October 2007, 05:38
I wear them all the time.

My wife is a flight attendant for a major airline and whenever she goes to other countries she visits the Harley dealership for me and gets me a T-Shirt.

I have lots of T-Shirts!:laugh

Collared shirts are a thing of the past, I don't even have a suit that fits me!:D

Love being free of the corporate life!!!!!!:banana

Danonator

donniej
23rd October 2007, 16:35
The only HD shirt I own is the one that I was given when I bought the bike. The girl in apparel asked me what size I wear... I told her medium, they only had large and up so she gave me a large. I thanked her but told her that I really didn't want a T-shirt. She left it on the salesman desk anyway and my GF grabbed it.

It's still on the back seat of my car after 2 months...

jamez1965
21st November 2007, 03:54
I owned Harley shirts before I even owned a Harley - gifts from friends and relatives who can't tell the difference between a Harley and a Kawasaki. :doh

scottgearman
25th November 2007, 20:32
The FUN part of wearing a Harley shirt when doing something OTHER than riding is when someone narrows his eyes and gets that smug grin and asks " Do you actually have a HARLEY or just that shirt?"

Tanya
25th November 2007, 20:41
I have one that my mother just bought me recently while I was vacationing in Florida. Although I do not have my own bike currently, she knows that I have been getting into it a lot lately and enjoy riding w/ my boyfriend.

I also remember wearing a lot of HD stuff when I was a kid as my mom and my first two stepfathers (lol) were big into Harley's and motorcycle clubs back then

stealthammer
25th November 2007, 21:01
I wear black t-shirts 90% of the time (I usually have 50-60 on hand), primarily so I don't have to be careful when I eat or I am working on my bike. Most have rude messages on them and I carefully sort them by their degree of rudeness. I am sort of an anti-social you see, but I'd rather let the shirts be the heavy. That way I don't feel guilty about being a d:censor.

Other than the three Ironhead Sportster t-shirts (sweet by the way) that I just got, I don't have any Harley t-shirts though. I think they're just invitations to BT riders to strike up a conversation, and I HATE that.....:doh

humpbackbob
26th November 2007, 03:00
I own about 40 Tee Shirts, about 12 of which are Harley. I don't wear about 28 of my Tee Shirts.:doh

el jinete fantasma
26th November 2007, 18:48
My Harley shirt count is now up to five and I've got three other motorcycle-related tees. Hmm, it used to be band shirts...

sjrod04
31st December 2007, 05:42
They are my only"vice" Started collecting them about 15yrs ago Try to get one from every dealer I stop at. It helps working for HD, I usually get a discount. Have around 260-270 now and would like to get one from every dealer before dirt knapping. Rule used to be I had to ride there myself, but will never make it at that rate, so I cheat now. Anyone here thats a shirt hater PM me and I will take it off your hands. Have to be new and either L or XL. Heres a chance to get back at the mean and greedy HD.lol

bills bikes
31st December 2007, 13:50
none they cost to much

dagsportster
31st December 2007, 14:00
I have two that I only wear UNDER something else. I'm currently de-badging my wardrobe (sold my HD jacket and replaced it with an amazing Fox Creek one).

I thinks it's cool to wear a logo'ed shirt if you're doing something other than what the shirt is about, but lame if you are. For example, playing a guitar while wearing a Fender shirt or riding a Harley wearing a Harley shirt seems lame to me (sorry). Playing a guitar wearing a Harley shirt is cool, as is riding a Harley while wearing a Fender shirt. Weird little rule, I suppose.

ScreamingEag1e
31st December 2007, 14:52
I have two that I only wear UNDER something else. I'm currently de-badging my wardrobe (sold my HD jacket and replaced it with an amazing Fox Creek one).

I thinks it's cool to wear a logo'ed shirt if you're doing something other than what the shirt is about, but lame if you are. For example, playing a guitar while wearing a Fender shirt or riding a Harley wearing a Harley shirt seems lame to me (sorry). Playing a guitar wearing a Harley shirt is cool, as is riding a Harley while wearing a Fender shirt. Weird little rule, I suppose.

I'm right there with you. It's almost like putting on a costume or dressing up to go riding. Hey guess what! My wife and I don't wear matching outfits either. :laugh

Carl-04XL
31st December 2007, 15:19
I wear t-shirts about 98% of the time that I have a shirt on. Most of my shirts are the Duluth longtail (http://www.duluthtrading.com/store/department/mens/mens2/mens_shirts/longtail/longtail.aspx?navlocation=dept_left) 't's. Butt, I was down in Orlando and stopped by one of the dealers and got another 't'. It has a stylized wildlife scene on the back with the left side of handlebar in the foreground. In the mirror is a reflection of a 'gator head shot. Now I thought that was cool. :)

srrice40
31st December 2007, 21:36
I have 3 T-shirts and 3 button up and one Garage Jacket and one zip up hoodie. Planning on getting more no hurry though.

avnsteve
31st December 2007, 23:04
I only collect them so I will have enough for the SO to sew me a quilt of them. One side of the quilt will be all tshirt fronts, and the other side will be the backs. I'm planning a tour (on the ultra) strictly to visit the various dealerships and get a shirt or two from each of them. I wonder what a quilt like that would go for on Ebay?

maddog
1st January 2008, 12:14

Billy

Did you tell them "You coulda had a V-8!".

DEEP DIVER
11th June 2008, 22:54
Only got two that I wear when they get to the top of the pile.
Also have been given a sweat shirt by my son which I will wear any time.

drumballer
16th July 2008, 01:47
I have a few harley Tees but my one from Buddy Stubbs in AZ seems to bring the conversations out in people. I just got it when I went to phoenix earlier this year and got one for my dad and ended up buying one for myself as well. Other than that it's mainly kansas dealers that have been good to me one way or another. I mainly wear Big Dog Tees since I get em for next to nothing and build parts for them.The thing I always find funny is that I get dirty looks for rockin my Big Dog shirts around the harley guys and even dirtier ones from the Big Dog riders when I roll up on my sporty! I have one that's like a dickies work shirt and go some grief from a guy who asked why i would spend 60 bones on a shirt that advertises a bike I dont own. I get even more satisfaction when i tell them i have more of a right to wear it then they do because I actually build their bike and then say "oh yeah, thanks for the shirt by the way!"
Back on subject I like a lot of the HD shirts and just wish i could get out more to pick some new ones up!

54-FLE
16th July 2008, 03:35
Just got three new ones this summer. One from Mobil Bay, one from the Washington D.C. when they had the big gathering last month the daughter was there and picked it up for me, and one from Boston. The Washington shirt is the coolest with George Washinton in his famous pose only with his foot on a Harley running board instead of in the boat. I still can't afford to buy a Harley but I can always swing for a new T shirt now and then. ;)

cafe_dave
16th July 2008, 03:42
I travel alot....its cool to get them from all over......I also get to see some pretty big differences in price

jrossty
16th July 2008, 15:21
I was going through a dresser drawer yesterday getting rid of some old stuff, when lo and behold, I found an old Lancaster, OH Harley dealer t-shirt that my uncle gave to me years ago (hand-me-down type)... ... I'd never worn it since I didn't have a harley then... so I put it on and went for a ride... but I've never bought one for myself, just my dad.

bw9
17th July 2008, 03:26
I have owned a Sporty since 1985. I own 2 HD shirts which I got when I bought a new bike in 2005 (free). Sure, I wear them, but not too much. You don't have an option for me. Some people I know will not ride their bike without an HD shirt (MOST) and I don't understand that. Some kinda image thing and I will not buy into that. Love HD's, but I rarely wear an HD shirt.

BW
'05xl1200c

1fast2liter
17th July 2008, 05:02
i got alot i wear them cause i like then and shows my support for the bike... if i could i would get some from germany and other places.

blkshark
17th July 2008, 05:08
The dealer threw one in with my new bike yesterday. That was my first, but won't be my last!!

ReddTigger
7th August 2008, 02:40
The dealer threw one in with my new bike yesterday. That was my first, but won't be my last!!

Congratulations !!..

I have gotten so many that I have to cycle them, BUT I'll always get more. Good way to show where ya been.

Beltfed
7th August 2008, 02:42
I wear them. I've got a bunch but only bought one while I was in Minnesota. I've got one that my boss brought back from Thailand. When it's a free tshirt, I'm all over it :D I go through shirts fast at work, I'm a welder and sparks destroy them.

Teehaml
7th August 2008, 02:48
Yeah I wear them. I usually try to get one from any dealer I check out on road trips... Tee

ReddTigger
7th August 2008, 02:50
Yeah I wear them. I usually try to get one from any dealer I check out on road trips... Tee

So how's that one work out ?? I can't imagine any dealer willing to part with some precious merchandise without a vehicle purchase.

ReddTigger
29th September 2008, 02:41

So how's that one work out ?? I can't imagine any dealer willing to part with some precious merchandise without a vehicle purchase.

Nevermind, It musta been an late night, I thought that you said get one free.............

my bad.:doh

u8mymeat
2nd October 2008, 11:51
I travel all the time and have way too many concert, bar, indy, and a couple HD t shirts. I just picked one up at Yokosuka HD in Japan, has a Samurai on the front bar and shield on the back.

Little_Dave
2nd October 2008, 16:56
I often wear them down the street to wind up the missus, trouble is, she's used to them now!:D

Gunfighter13
2nd October 2008, 18:41
I wear them. Every place I go to, that has a Harley Dealer, I get a shirt. I also have a Harley sticker on my truck. :tour

buffaloaz
14th October 2008, 03:57
I have them from all over the world and the U.S. and i do wear them,girls seem to love them and the gf seems to hate that fact,lol.

Little_Dave
15th October 2008, 09:39
When I got my sporty back in 03, I bought about 3 tee shirts from the local dealer, and I have got a couple more from England that I liked when I was over there. I have two brilliant ones, one is a spanish one that I got from a club and the other, is one I got in France. Most of the ones I wear regular; are HDRCGB or HDRCNI, or triker ones. :D I'm not fussed on the local dealer ones and I haven't bought any for a couple of years. :frownthre

goinsideways136
15th October 2008, 11:52
when doing convoys in iraq i got many from the different FOBS(Forward Operating Base). these i wear with pride.

XLFREAK
15th October 2008, 12:57

Grayfeather.
Blasphemous!! I use mine to wipe the oil drips off of my bike cuz I can

txsporty
18th October 2008, 02:02
OK, Guess It's Time to Kick This Thread UP!!!!!! :dpepper :dpepper :dpepper

Anyone Want to do a Harley Shirt Trade????

I'll Buy One For You From San Antonio or Austin and You Get One From Your Area!!! Then We'll Trade Them!!

Let Me Know!!! :D

mikey04
20th October 2008, 15:05
Most of mine were given to me. AM I the only one who seems to notice that the quality of the HD shirts is superior to virtually any other Tshirt on the market. they are much heavier/thicker material

Thornhammer
21st October 2008, 02:28
Yep. I pick and choose which ones I buy - the design on the front can't be too gaudy and the dealership logo on the back can't be terrible. I know at least one dealership around here that has absolutely horrible dealership logos.

Wife bought me one of the Willie G skull tees for my berfday, which was nice. The folks bought me one. Bought another tonight (looks like a Halloween special - black, blood red bat wings/demon wings, "Harley Davidson" in gothic script). This coming weekend one of the local dealerships is having an open house, may buy one or two from them then.

I love tee shirts. I love my scoot. I don't want to wear Harley Davidson stuff head to toe, but tee shirts? Oh, heck yeah. Gimme.

mr_sportster
21st October 2008, 02:35
I buy them in places I go to. I order them from places I want to go to.

Tried that with BMW shirts as well but they just don't do the same thing.

Some of the Pacific Harley shirts from Hawaii are really something.

The far east shirts ... Tokyo, Shanghai, Seoul don't usually come in 3XL.

Rod in Tucson

mikey04
21st October 2008, 16:52
If I do buy them I get the ones off of the sale rack then I think they are a prettty good value considering the quality

blkshark
21st October 2008, 19:39
AM I the only one who seems to notice that the quality of the HD shirts is superior to virtually any other Tshirt on the market. they are much heavier/thicker material

Yes, they are. Very good quality. I collect them from certain dealerships (mostly in New Mexico and Arizona) and buy ones I like on eBay used if they are the right price!:laugh:laugh Usually get 'em for under $10 including shipping. Think I've got about 25 now.

bud095
21st October 2008, 19:46
all I own are hd tshirts, well I do have one t thats not hd its skeletons in all sorts of differant sex positions , but everything else says hd on ityou gotta pic? like to see that:)

Little_Dave
22nd October 2008, 03:47
I wear them. I've got a bunch but only bought one while I was in Minnesota. I've got one that my boss brought back from Thailand. When it's a free tshirt, I'm all over it :D I go through shirts fast at work, I'm a welder and sparks destroy them.
I used to lecture in welding and sheetmetal at a college: we got protective gear! Even then I wouldn't wear a decent tee shirt at work, just in case! :)

carlpearson
6th November 2008, 08:59
I have one

Master
5th October 2013, 18:46
I refuse to advertise without compensation. That one always baffles me how folks will pay to promote someone else's products.

tedg
6th October 2013, 03:28
I wear them I just haven't bought one in the past 18 years if some one gives one to me I'll wear it

Rico 05R
6th October 2013, 03:56
One of the cool things about writing ignition maps for people, is they send me Harley shirts from all over the world. I've got some from some pretty exotic places.

Chipper442
6th October 2013, 04:08
I wear them. I usually get one from different dealerships along my travels. I like the color red,and prefer the less gaudy,pocketless ones.
I don't wear them all the time,and only get them because I have OCD,and can't not get one that i dont have yet...........that's what my wife says anyway.
They cost a lot,but what doesn't under those roofs?,but they are quality shirts,I'll give them that.

bplinson
6th October 2013, 06:34
I have over 50 now and I wear them. Like Chipper, I like to pick them up on my travels and also get them during swaps here and on roadglide.org. I make every Friday my wear a Harley shirt to work day.

Gcram399
13th October 2013, 02:58
I've collected them for years. Even long before I bought the Sportster.
My favorites are from dealerships that have since gone out of business.

Kettelhead
13th October 2013, 05:11
If it's free i'll wear it, but I will not buy them. That being said I have 5 that friends have got me.

MacSporty02
13th October 2013, 05:16
I have about twenty or so, the PO of my Sporty gave me some of his older H~D shirts he never wore anymore. I gave a bunch to my cousin who was going to make hand bags out of them but I don't know if she ever did. I like the long sleeve shirts the best, they seem to be thicker than the short sleeve ones. I wear the long sleeve to work as the weather changes to fall....great warmth. I have yet to buy an H~D shirt as they are kind of spend, and I'm retired :)

Folkie
13th October 2013, 16:11
I have a few H-D t shirts, but I prefer garage shirts. I have quite a few of those.

Chipper442
14th October 2013, 05:38
I almost feel obligated to hang up the retired shop examples.......friggin OCD lol.
I have some Oldsmobile T's I wore when I was 15 hung up in my shop.
My most valued Harley T is a sleeveless black one,with just the eagle head,and Harley Davidson. I got it when I was 14,from my idol,who sadly had some problems,and took his own life when I was 16.
He was like the big brother I never had,or probably wanted,who knows. He would let me ride his Sporty,when he was on his Heritage. RIP Eric.
Anyway,it's coveted,and has hung in my different shops through the years.

agoristmike
14th October 2013, 17:03
I wear harley shirts, I have preference for the ones with creepy shit on them. Pretty much all dealer shirts, as a reminder of where I've been.

sportymike02
14th October 2013, 17:34
I refuse to advertise without compensation. That one always baffles me how folks will pay to promote someone else's products.

especially at those prices - $40 for a t shirt?
not in this lifetime

agoristmike
14th October 2013, 18:58
Which of y'all are paying 40 bucks for a t-shirt? Sheyiit, I'm hard pressed to pay past the teens for any of my shirts, tee or otherwise.

Agreed on the notion of advertising without compensation, but the moco shirts aren't purchased (at least by me) for anything to do with the moco, but rather the memories and associations with the location, thats why they're always dealer shirts, and 9.9/10 times come from the clearance section.

dcharding
14th October 2013, 20:23
Now, I'm pretty new to the Harley mystique, so I was surprised by the $40 price tag on the T's. And they advertise the dealer... So now when someone asks about my bike, I say I went to the Harley dealer and bought a T-shirt, and they threw in the bike for free:)
That being said, I have 4 shirts that were gifts and 1 I bought at the 1/2 price rack in HB. And I do like them. They are actually very good quality.

wedwards
27th October 2013, 21:19
Speaking of shirts what happened to the forum shirt swap - haven't seen one for long time and I really enjoyed them

bplinson
29th October 2013, 18:05
Which of y'all are paying 40 bucks for a t-shirt? Sheyiit, I'm hard pressed to pay past the teens for any of my shirts, tee or otherwise.

Agreed on the notion of advertising without compensation, but the moco shirts aren't purchased (at least by me) for anything to do with the moco, but rather the memories and associations with the location, thats why they're always dealer shirts, and 9.9/10 times come from the clearance section.

In Europe 35 Euro seems to be the standard price for a T-Shirt. That is right under $50.00!

Jimbo883 has organized the past T-Shirt swaps. I will contact him and see if he would like to organize another. I know that in the past people have gotten on his case when someone gets partnered with a deadbeat that does not live up to their end of the bargain even though he has no control over that.

Kebo
29th October 2013, 18:43
HD Tshirts
Corvette Tshirts
Tx Rangers Tshirts

Im covered

Djairae
27th December 2013, 23:17
I have known too many people who own a closet full of HD tshirts and no bike in the garage. I had a custom tshirt made with a picture of MY Iron883 with the caption: I own a bike, not just a tshirt!

Dustpan63
28th December 2013, 04:44
I haven't wore one yet but I just got a very cool one from Michigan. Thank you Sprink

Hardcharg3r
28th December 2013, 07:53
HD shirts...no, Sportster shirts daily.

Megadeth
28th December 2013, 13:01
I have never purchased a h d shirt but I have about. 20 of them 2 coats and 3 sweat shirts, boots m, hats and gloves. My girlfriend loves shopping and buys me harley stuff every where she goes. I wouldn't pay the inflated prices for h d stuff but it Is good quality stuff. I will sure take it when it's given to me . Besides she buys most my clothes to keep me from looking like a bum. I can't bring myself to spend money on clothes when there is so many parts to be bought for the bikes ....

xllent01
28th December 2013, 13:39
Don't mind paying for good quality...most everything of HD is...Yes I do wear HD shirts, jackets only cause I'm not an anti HD clown

rejeanprimeau
28th December 2013, 14:01
Speaking of shirts what happened to the forum shirt swap - haven't seen one for long time and I really enjoyed them

Here you have it; 20 persons this years. Got mine from Woodstock ''OLD SKOOL ATTITUDE''. :tour

Usually two months before end of the year

http://xlforum.net/vbportal/forums/showthread.php?threadid=1709982

Gunhappy2
28th December 2013, 14:10
Don't mind paying for good quality...most everything of HD is...Yes I do wear HD shirts, jackets only cause I'm not an anti HD clown

:iagree So I'm not the only one that's noticed that 'round these parts. To each his own. But WTF do I know, I've been wearin chaps since 1974. :yikes. ;)..Jim
(PS, not the same ones)

XL Ed
28th December 2013, 23:05
Wearing one now!!

Gunhappy2
29th December 2013, 01:15
Wearing one now!!

:yikes :flasher oops, forgot to put on the chaps...:laugh...Jim

jjw
29th December 2013, 01:35
I have a 1/2 doz. of them and don't wear them because they don't have a pocket. I got 2 sportster t's from a member here with pockets that I wear all the time.

fun4regina
29th December 2013, 21:23
I wouldn't pay the inflated prices for h d stuff but it Is good quality stuff. I will sure take it when it's given to me .....

The riding gear is good, but you find the t-shirts to be "quality"? There is definitely a difference between the men's and women's. I have to take extreme care with laundering mine or they shrink and twist, and even with that they wear out sooner than almost all my other brands of t-shirts. Even Aeropostale has one up on HD for quality t-shirts!

Oh yeah, and did I mention, the women's cost more than the men's?!

See above for what I have to say about paying for HD quality, but really what I wanted to say about this comment was...
I have 10-12 HD t-shirts, a couple pairs of jeans, boots, etc, and I do like them and wear them, but not every day. That doesn't make me anti-HD, right? I just refuse to let HD or anyone else define me.

xllent01
29th December 2013, 21:42
Oh yeah, and did I mention, the women's cost more than the men's?!

See above for what I have to say about paying for HD quality, but really what I wanted to say about this comment was...
I have 10-12 HD t-shirts, a couple pairs of jeans, boots, etc, and I do like them and wear them, but not every day. That doesn't make me anti-HD, right? I just refuse to let HD or anyone else define me.

Noticed the women's shirts cost more...why?? Most have less material...:D

My sweet Regina.. I never expected anybody to wear HD shirts all day, everyday it was kinda tongue and cheek

The anti comment was about those who'd buy a bike, ride around with all the badges or tank decals and say they'd never wear anything with an HD logo on it...what are they protesting??

Yet they buy parts or have their bike serviced at the dealerships in the same sentence

Then again you have those BILLYTHEBADASS types who wouldn't do anything but buy the bike and call it there own and not have any association with Moco what so ever...yet I find these types super hypocritical cause I know few in my area who frequent the dealership on a weekly basis for whatever reason it maybe,

honestly I don't care but it's humorous to recognize both sides...at least for me.

cherokee jim
29th December 2013, 21:44
Regina we asked HD to make sure the ladies tops shrunk.......................:D

nickl011
29th December 2013, 21:58
I do not own anything that has Harley Davidson on it except my bike. I do however have quite a bit of Indian clothing/memorabilia, tho I don't own an Indian, partially because I have a friend that works at the local Indian dealership as a tech.

But in all honesty, I'd wear an HD shirt or two. But I am by no means a Harley sheep and would rather not be seen as one.

Zoharo
29th December 2013, 22:00
Yep........am addicted to purchasing HD-T's while riding out of state. Have become a bit picky about it, though. Always look for the ones where the design is on the back and the front has next to nothing. Am especially drawn towards badass, out of the ordinary, graphics.

I wear them for two reasons.........Because I enjoy them, and to piss off the people who do not.

It's your life; make it worth living !!!

-Zo-

xllent01
29th December 2013, 22:13
Sheep??? So what's Frisco's on a nightster??? More like cookie cutter...yeah that's it..:laugh :roflblack :roflblack

J/k...:laugh

Stude
29th December 2013, 22:14
I travel for work, and fight the urge to go to all the dealers I pass to buy a t-shirt. At $30 a pop, I would be broke before I got half way to my first destination.
I have a couple Ts that my wife bought for me, but that is it. I like many of the HD shirts, and would wear them, but am not spending money that could buy more important stuff like motorcycle parts and accessories, or parts for my classic cars and trucks.

xllent01
29th December 2013, 22:20
Well that's me too...I do alot of traveling for work, plus have lots of vacation time and so anywhere in my travels all over the country like to pick up a shirt or two to the places I've been too..Been doing it for decades, why stop now

nickl011
29th December 2013, 22:20
Sheep??? So what's Frisco's on a nightster??? More like cookie cutter...yeah that's it..:laugh :roflblack :roflblack

J/k...:laugh

:laugh: touche good sir!

T-reXL1200
17th February 2014, 03:48
Is don't really like wearing brands or logos. So no HD shirts for me. I DO, however, still wear my high school logo! It's a mushroom cloud from the nuclear bomb dropped on Japan.
http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e310/houstonhey/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zps286c732a.jpg (http://s42.photobucket.com/user/houstonhey/media/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zps286c732a.jpg.html)

Routy Yates
23rd March 2014, 17:23
Oh, I think I only have about 30 of them now. I wear them until they are all painted or torn and greased up. Then I might cut off the sleeves. They become old friends until my wife does a night mission on my shirt drawer. She usually makes it up to me in a good way. All's well that ends well, if ya know what I mean.

kellyj
23rd March 2014, 17:31
I Don't have any HD apparel, not because I wouldn't wear it, just haven't had a chance to get any yet.

I'm yet to get a Hammer Performance shirt, I'm told its worth a couple of Horse Power. That'll be worth wearing.

Skip48
23rd March 2014, 18:10
Have gathered quite a few tee shirts through the years. I don't wear the local ones for some crazy reason, but have two favorites, one from Ft. Hood Harley and the other from the Harley dealership in Ireland. I have eight Harley mechanic shirts that I wear more than the tees.

rejeanprimeau
27th April 2014, 14:35
I just got two from Satélite Mexico, I had to buy a man t-shirt for my GF, 1100 pesos for a woman's one versus 300 pesos for a male's one.

1990Evo
27th April 2014, 14:50
No. I can't pay over 20 bucks for a T-Shirt. Especially since it's just a screen printed shirt made in Indonesia or China or wherever just like every other cheap shirt you find anywhere.

Plus I don't really go for the whole skulls/flames/"tribal" thing that you usually find. I might get one if I found a really cool old school logo, like the tank emblems from the 1950's or something like that, and it was cheap enough.

WI_duker
27th April 2014, 15:02
I Don't have any HD apparel, not because I wouldn't wear it, just haven't had a chance to get any yet.

I'm yet to get a Hammer Performance shirt, I'm told its worth a couple of Horse Power. That'll be worth wearing.

I wear my Hammer Performance T shirt when I really want to go fast