PDA

View Full Version : New Thread

xl1200r
19th November 2004, 16:36
Just wondering where all of the cafe guys went. I was just tired of looking at that ont thread in here...maybe get some going with pics like before????

SkippyRay
19th November 2004, 17:01
Once I get my bike out of the shop will post in the Racer section. Also anyone know where I can get a good chin spolier? The warbird is too big. Want a nice on prefer a metal one. All I can find are ABS plastic. Is that all theyn come in? Metal wanted to buff out scratches and dings gravle gives you. You can fill in metal, plastic not sure of.

AZbiker
20th November 2004, 02:22
Skippy,

You can weld & paint ABS plastic, it's real easy. Easier than metal, IMHO. You can use a mix of dope & ground up ABS to fill in cracks, then sand & paint. It's lighter than metal too...

SkippyRay
20th November 2004, 17:49
Well then that will work. Now the question who has the best price? 139 is the best I have found. But I have heard Dennis Kirk sucks as far as customer support. Any sugestions?

edman
22nd November 2004, 01:12
Just wondering where all of the cafe guys went. I was just tired of looking at that ont thread in here...maybe get some going with pics like before????

Notice the 883>1200 sticker I made. Won't last long it's only paper, I plan on painting the tank soon.

http://www.earth2us.com/bike/11-16-04b.jpg

AZbiker
22nd November 2004, 02:43
to Skippy Ray--maybe try the Lockhart-Phillips catalog. Other than that, I dunno. I buy most of my stuff locally. And here's another hint in case you have to make an ABS plastic repair...

The stuff that melts the ABS is called aircraft dope, I think. And the cheapest source for ABS is to dumpster dive at your local Jap bike shop and get some cracked-up OEM sportbike fairings. Those are also good to practice repairs on. You can use a cheese grater to grate the ABS.

To edman--If I ever do the 88" conversion to my bike, I would get a sticker identical to the one I have now (which is just like the stock sticker on your bike) and just cut the 3 off the end of 883 so it read "Sportster 88" instead. Now how stealth is that? :cool: And it would look *almost* stock.

barry1967
22nd November 2004, 04:00
They went to the cafe. sipping coffee/lattes and eating biscotti's.

SkippyRay
22nd November 2004, 16:32
EDMAN, how do you like those bar end mirriors? I am thinking about trying them out. Do they vibe to much, can you even see through them?
Thanks for the info.

edman
23rd November 2004, 22:00
EDMAN, how do you like those bar end mirriors? I am thinking about trying them out. Do they vibe to much, can you even see through them?
Thanks for the info.

They actually vibrate less then my stock ones, the stock 01 mirrors had the long stems and vibrated a lot. I like the Bella Corse mirrors. I had to drill and tap the bar plugs to 1/4". The bars came with a 4mm hole and that just wasn't big enough to hold the mirrors on very well.

SkippyRay
24th November 2004, 19:13
Any one tried the Third EYE bar ens. For 10 buck apeice I dont think you can pass up the opprotunity to try them out. Hell the APUS mirrior I use was 120 bucks (What was I thinking? :drinkup ) LIke the ones you have though got a liknk to a seller? Thanks