PDA

View Full Version : Paying taxes with HOLES

mrr3000gt
28th March 2006, 12:35
If you don't have a Screaming Eagle air cleaner for your sporty but have the standard canned ham air box (such as I do), can you modify it by drilling holes in the back?
I am putting a K&N on it, and did a similar mod to an air cleaner for one of my cars.
I am not worried about the warrantee, as its a 2001 and its going to stay stage one'd from now on.

Is it best to just buy a specal air cleaner bracket to allow more air flow? I dont want to hillbilly up my bike (after all, its not a 500.00 25-year old Honda).

Sportster Girl
28th March 2006, 12:55
You can drill the holes if you like. Just keep the holes within the area of the filter so your filter is actually filtering.

But, it's not going to flow air like a true high-flow air cleaner. I think the performance gains would be negligible.

Best bet is a true hi flow setup: Hurricane, RamFLo, Big Sucker, S&S, etc.

smoke
28th March 2006, 12:58
You can drill the holes if you like. Just keep the holes within the area of the filter so your filter is actually filtering.

But, it's not going to flow air like a true high-flow air cleaner. I think the performance gains would be negligible.

Best bet is a true hi flow setup: Hurricane, RamFLo, Big Sucker, S&S, etc.

Ditto :rolleyes:

Shamdog
28th March 2006, 13:01
Trippo:smoke

jrazo
28th March 2006, 13:04
Is there much difference in running say a Hurricane filter with or without the a/c cover?

Snuffy
28th March 2006, 21:15
Yes you can I've got a big sucker with a stock painted ham can, just a little modifying