PDA

View Full Version : Ironhead another tip from gar

garbiker
30th June 2008, 02:31
I talked to a guy at the kwick trip his bike had just a tad gas leak when sitting for a day. and could not tune the carb. SO I told him to stop by and I would fix his problem he had spent big $$ at the harley shop with tune up and jets . AND nothing worked. SO we stopped at my house pulled the carb removed the float. YEP it was heavy. I took the little solder spot off the float . and took a hair dryer and heated it gas came out. YOU will see the small leak at this point . the hole has to be down you took the solder off . do this till it is light and no gas drips out will take some time then you will also find a small spot the leaks do the repair with a small amount of solder THEN do the hole you removed the solder from. that the factory put on. The float will be lighter and float easy then you can set it. and the bike will run correct. AS a small amount of gas in the float will make it run rich even with the correct setting as it will not float right. JOB done with no charge to rider. and a happy one at that. SO when you have a rich running bike with no reason check that. and do my needle tip trick. on a steel needle. cant have that little ring on it just a smouth taper see my tip on gars tip. will make a old bike run sharp . cu gar

snowman
30th June 2008, 02:58
Good tip for all year carbs....:geek:geek:geek

Thanks, Gar...:smoke

american
30th June 2008, 03:15
gar rides again. good tip. keep em rolling

SpringerSam
30th June 2008, 23:14
Welcome back...

Sam