PDA

View Full Version : Update on Delmarva Bike Week

Terp84Alum
13th July 2008, 14:39
September 11-14 in Ocean City, Maryland

As of this year, the event will no longer take place at the racetrack. I was a bit skeptical but it looks like they have put together a package that may work. The vendors/activities will be spread out over 5 locations:

HD of Ocean City-eh, they are the hosts but also jerks.

Sunset Marina-awesome place, tons of fishing boats to check out-nice bar and restaurant.

Seacrets-huge complex of bars and restaurants; anyone familiar with OC is no stranger to Seacrets.

Francis Scott Key Hotel-over the bridge in West OC-cool place but I'm not sure how they will accommodate the number of riders.

Winter Park-this is in Salisbury-doesn't fit the model. I don't see it getting too much traffic. Salisbury is about a boring 30 minute ride from OC on 50. Plus, other than the Purdue Chicken headquarters, there's nothing in Salisbury. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong. Maybe if you're coming east, you can hit this place on the way down or your way home. These are the vendors that will get stiffed there:

A&R Enterprises, ABATE of Maryland, American Motor Drome, Barney's Leather, BOLT Headgear, Biker Legend, Cape Silver Jewelry, Christian Motorcyclist Association, Concessions by Vicki, Cow-Bella, LLC, Custom Cycle Specialties, Cycle Solutions, D.A.T.'s Candles, Deaf Independent Living Association, Dazzling Denims, Diamonds N Pearls, Dirty Dealers Enterprises, Dr. Jekyl's Hydes, Exile Cycles, Flannery's, Hot Leathers, House of Hawgs, Independent Tattoo, Insta-Mold Products, Iron Horse Trading Post, Leather Works, London Court Beverage Co., Loving Jewel, Inc., Mile High Enterprises, Pinstriping & Murals by Lori & Sam, Radford's Bakery, Redneck Engineering, Spartan Trading Co., The Patch Place, The Wrench, Vacation Village Resorts

Feel free to add. You can go to the Delmarva Bike Week (http://www.delmarvabikeweek.com/) website for more info. I'll be there and hope to hook up with some XLF'ers like last year. Ride safe.

oldguyonsportster
16th July 2008, 12:43
Hey Terp84Alum,

Let's start something here to try and get members to meet at least for lunch like last year.

Thanks for the post and info. When are you heading down? The wife and I are going on the morning of Saturday the 13th and we'll be staying until Monday morning (weather permitting of course, we don't purposly ride in the rain).

Now that vacation and the 4th of July holiday is gone I'll be riding up your way soon maybe we get together for lunch and / or a ride to Cumberland.

johnnybgood
17th July 2008, 01:40
Looks like they are trying to draw people to Winter Park with the Trailer Giveaway, Pallet of Soda Giveaway (pallet of beer would be alot better imo), Russell Mitchell, etc. Also, you don't have to take Rt 50 to get there. There are several other ways to go.

I should be there (OC), maybe we should meet at the Smokers Pit again? Food was pretty good.

John

Witchywmn
17th July 2008, 02:55
We're going down with about 20 other people from our HOG chapter. Staying at the Plim Plaza.

Not too sure we're going to do the Salisbury ride - last year we did the vendor thing and were bored after an hour. Did a couple of other group rides around the area with the folks we went down with, but that was about it.

Loved the atmosphere at Seacrets - been there many times, but love it best when it's packed full of bikers.

Let us know if XL Forum folks are meeting up and we'll be there -- unless it's Friday night...then, I'll be doing the stereotypical activity of getting plastered and scoring beads...:wonderlan

Terp84Alum
17th July 2008, 03:29
Hopefully, we'll do Wednesday-Sunday. I'm up for just about anything. If anything else, maybe we could do Salisbury as a ride. Just did the Smokers Pit last week when we were down for the week. We went 2x as a matter of fact. I'm always up for that.

oldguyonsportster
18th July 2008, 11:55
Smokers Pit same as last year sounds good to me - I'm in.

Shamdog
18th July 2008, 22:09
Looks like a few of us from Jersey will be down...at least on Saturday, the 13th. Would love to meet up with the rest of the gang. Just let us know when and where.

Terp84Alum
19th July 2008, 01:36
Let's tentatively say Saturday at high noon at Smokers Pit on 611. We can confirm the week before or something.

johnnybgood
19th July 2008, 04:41
Let's tentatively say Saturday at high noon at Smokers Pit on 611. We can confirm the week before or something.

Sounds like a plan. Here's (http://www.smokersbbqpit.com/main.htm) a link with directions.

John

xraytoken
19th July 2008, 12:29
This sounds good! There are some fairly good roads besides 50 that'll take you to Salisbury, but I think the Winter Park venue is gonna be a bust.

Jt1200r
19th July 2008, 22:18
Smokers Pit at noon sounds good to me

Terp84Alum
25th July 2008, 02:37
Can we move it to Friday? I think we're heading home Saturday.

Shamdog
25th July 2008, 15:26
Do what you guys have to do. I'll be down in the early afternoon on Saturday. I'll meet up with anyone who's left. We can set that up later.

CaptEvo
25th July 2008, 15:29
Yes...some of us actually have to work on Fridays. :p

Terp84Alum
25th July 2008, 16:12
Alright I hang around. Sorry. Let's keep it Saturday at noon.

ParrotHead
25th July 2008, 17:01
If I am capable of operating a motor vehicle I should be there. Friday night is our big party night and if its like last year ...

Shamdog
25th July 2008, 20:11
If I am capable of operating a motor vehicle I should be there. Friday night is our big party night and if its like last year ...

Sounds like my kinda party. Maybe we should just find you?

tonefight
28th July 2008, 03:14
Are there any big camp/party spots or is this all based in the main O.C. beach area and everyone stays in hotels? Anylinks or info would be great if ya got any.

johnnybgood
28th July 2008, 04:56
http://www.frontiertown.com is close to OC. Haven't stayed there in years, but I'd be surprised if there wasn't some partying going on there.

John

oldguyonsportster
28th July 2008, 13:19
I won a Basic Riders Course as a door prize when the wife and I rode in Dick Gelfman's Ride Across Maryland for the Susan G. Koman breast cancer foundation. I gave the certificate to my son to use. He took the course over the weekend and he passed.

So if he's feels comfortable enough and rides everyday for the experience he may want to ride down to OC with the the wife and me. So he'll be in for meeting up for lunch.

The only thing is he'll be riding the wife's sporty and she'll be riding mine, that leaves me to ride my Road King :(

Mohntonite
29th August 2008, 13:58
We're going down with about 20 other people from our HOG chapter. Staying at the Plim Plaza.

Not too sure we're going to do the Salisbury ride - last year we did the vendor thing and were bored after an hour. Did a couple of other group rides around the area with the folks we went down with, but that was about it.

Loved the atmosphere at Seacrets - been there many times, but love it best when it's packed full of bikers.

Let us know if XL Forum folks are meeting up and we'll be there -- unless it's Friday night...then, I'll be doing the stereotypical activity of getting plastered and scoring beads...:wonderlan

AH yes, the Plim Plaza. We always stop there one night and hang for a few hours. And try to get in the Bearded Clam but the line is usually to long. Sunday is the bikini finals at Seacrets, we always go for this and belly up at the bar next to the stage. That way we can buy the contestants shots and get great pix.
We are heading down on thursday afternoon , stopping at Dover Downs for a bit, and back on our way. Coming home on Monday. In-laws have a place next to Ocean Pines so its FREE, and if its free its for me!
My wife just had her appendix removed on Monday the 25th. Dont know if shell be able to ride with me at all that weekend, but she always takes the Laredo with everyones gear and the wimmin folk down there.
I'll look for you and the hubby at the Plim.

Jt1200r
11th September 2008, 21:26
are we meeting at Smokers Pit at noon?

johnnybgood
11th September 2008, 21:35
I'll be there Saturday at noon. See you then.

John

johnnybgood
16th September 2008, 03:36
Well, it was great to see some old (no pun intended :laugh) faces and meet some new ones.

Cast of characters at the Smokers Pit was well rounded. Mr and Mrs Pres41, JT, Xraytoken, LuxBlue, Parrothead, Witchywomen, Lightning Rider, and various family members were present.

Weather was way,way better than expected. I thought the spread out format of the event was ok. Didn't have to sit in near as many traffic jams this year compared to last.

John

ladydihd1
25th September 2008, 21:01
The husband and I liked the spread out format of the event as well. We had a great time this year. Traffic didn't seem as bad. :tour