PDA

View Full Version : Custom Seat

01Sporty
3rd May 2006, 12:09
I finally found the time to check-out a seat more suited for long rides.

After watching ebay, looking through all the catalogs and talking to other riders I stopped by the local dealer.

The fella asked me "What exactly are you looking for?"
"A seat that will be more comfortable on long rides."
"You concerned about looks?"
"Not really"
He hands me a piece of paper with a name and number and says "Call this guy, he'll build you a custom seat."

I was thinking "Custom"? I don't want to spend that much money.

I called the guy, his wife said he would make it however I wanted it, just bring the seat by. I stopped by that afternoon. As I pulled up, a gentleman was walking out with two front seats from a '65 mustang. The smile on this fella's face said it all.

Lee explained the differences between memory foam, regular foam and gel. The only downside of gel is, it gets hot under the sun and cold on those cold mornings.
I was used to gel from my mountain bike, so I went with the gel.
I got the seat back in a few days... WOW :banana

The seat looks fantastic and feels great. I didn't feel my torn hamstring once during a 90 minute "check-out" ride.

And actually it cost less then anything I've seen on ebay.

Regards,

streeteagle2
3rd May 2006, 12:27
Now there's an idea I had'nt thought of, a custom seat! I've been putting off getting a new seat because I was'nt sure what to get even after researching posts, etc. on opinions on different seats. You opted for the gel which is in a seat I had been thinking about getting by Drag Specialties called a Pro-Tour seat for Sportsters which has gel. I think I'll shop around here for a custom seat maker since your happy with yours. :wonderlan

01Sporty
3rd May 2006, 12:36
Something I did not think about.

There are different thickness' and types of gel.
I went with orange 1/2".
Blue stiff
Green less stiff
Orange least stiff

Regards,

EequalsIxR
3rd May 2006, 12:53
I had a custom seat built with memory foam and blue threaded flames that match my bike from Bar enterprises. I love it!!

saltman241
3rd May 2006, 13:13
So you gonna share? I'm sure he wouldn't mind a little extra work. I'm definetly in the market for a new seat. Just cant' seem to find anything "perfect".

atasty39
6th May 2006, 06:55
I also order a plain spring solo from Bar Enterprises. It has the memory foam. Surprisingly it is more comfortable than the stock seat.