PDA

View Full Version : Geneva on the Lake Ride August 2nd

Danny3nose
29th July 2008, 02:33
Heading to Geneva on the Lake this Saturday for a day trip. Gonna check out the town, hit a few bars (There is a bar called Sportsterz:banana), maybe a classic car show, flea market, and/or a beach. Anyone interested?

I'm probably gonna wind up staying the night there with the gf, most likely camping. Most of the people I've talked to will just ride back that night .

ken c
30th July 2008, 22:48
I wouldn't mind taking a ride up that way for the day.How do I find you??
Ken

Danny3nose
31st July 2008, 01:21
I wouldn't mind taking a ride up that way for the day.How do I find you??
Ken

We'll have a rough itinerary planned within the next day. I'll post it asap. Whereabouts are you coming from?

cgp-1200R
31st July 2008, 01:35
I am 12 miles from Geneva

cgp-1200R
31st July 2008, 01:58
There is a motorcycle ride around the lake that starts at Geneva HD. Ride departs at 10:00am and the ride is free. There will be vendors on site to include a wheelie machine, food, and such. The prefered bike parking and show is $10.00, but the event is open to the public. The PBA is hoping to make this a yearly event.

cgp-1200R
31st July 2008, 02:00
Also on the 2nd

Poker Run to benefit Happiness House/Finger Lakes Cerebral Palsy Association on August 2nd, 2008 The 2nd Annual Happiness House Motorcycle Run will be held on Saturday, August 2nd, 2008 at the American Legion, 1155 Lochland Road (Route 14 South) in Geneva, New York. Registration is from 9:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m., and breakfast will be available at the Geneva American Legion. The fee, which includes a meal and a t-shirt, for operators, is $20 and $15 for passengers and non-riding participants. Motorcycle Riders and passengers will enjoy a 125 mile ride along beautiful Seneca and Cayuga Lakes. The last bike leaves at 11:00 a.m. and returns by 3:00 p.m. Happiness House’s ride will include door prizes and a 50/50 raffle. All proceeds from this event will be utilized to maintain the highest quality programs and services that enrich the lives of the children, adults and families we serve. For more information, please call Cheryl Coppola, Development Director, at (585) 394-9510. Happiness House- Finger Lakes Cerebral Palsy Association is a private nonprofit health and human service agency that has been serving communities in the Finger Lakes region in Upstate New York since 1969. Today with sites in Geneva, Canandaigua, and Waterloo, Happiness House offers an array of educational program, recreational and family support services for children and adults with and without disabilities who reside in Ontario, Seneca, Wayne, and Yates counties. On average Happiness House serves 1,000 individuals and their families each year. ###

ted
31st July 2008, 02:07
Danny was talking about Geneva, Ohio.
Ted

cgp-1200R
31st July 2008, 02:08
Opps sorry ;o(

cgp-1200R
31st July 2008, 02:12
And I thought maybe I would get to meet some other XLf' ers
and use my challenge coin

oh well

FoxsterUK
31st July 2008, 10:42
Danny was talking about Geneva, Ohio.
TedDarn. I was hoping this was the real Geneva. That's a nice run for me through the channel tunnel and across northern France.

Fox

cgp-1200R
31st July 2008, 13:01
Darn. I was hoping this was the real Geneva. That's a nice run for me through the channel tunnel and across northern France.

Fox

The real Geneva is not in Central New York USA :doh
who woulda thunk it :doh

snowman
31st July 2008, 13:27
Darn. I was hoping this was the real Geneva. That's a nice run for me through the channel tunnel and across northern France.

Fox

Yeah, then we can stop at Shania Twain's house for lunch!!!:roflblack:roflblack:roflblack

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/1/18/ShaniaTwain2.jpg/190px-ShaniaTwain2.jpg

ken c
1st August 2008, 01:22
We'll have a rough itinerary planned within the next day. I'll post it asap. Whereabouts are you coming from?

Holmes county millersburg area
Ken

Danny3nose
1st August 2008, 02:02
Ok, me and a few friends are leaving Cleveland at around 10am. We're meeting at the Brooklyn PD station and heading out to I-90 East, to Route 2 East, to 20 east, to 534 North and ending in Geneva. Should arrive in Geneva around 11 or 11:30am. Here's a list of attractions that we MIGHT stop at, all in the local area.

-Classic Car Show
Indian Creek Resort
4710 Lake Rd E.
Geneva, OH 44041
-Outdoor Flea Market
Geneva-on-the-Lake Recreational Park,
5536 Lake Rd.,
Geneva, OH 44041
-Sporsterz Bar and Grill
5422 Lake Rd.,
Geneva-on-the-Lake, OH 44041
(Lost Sheep at 2pm)
-Adventure Zone (Mini-golf, go carts, batting cages, bumper boats)
5600 Lake Rd.
Geneva-on-the-Lake, OH 44041
-Wild Water Works Waterslide
5485 Lake Rd. in Geneva-on-the-Lake
-Vegas-on-the-Lake (Video Gambling)
5496 Lake Rd. in Geneva-on-the-Lake
-Ralph's Place
4905 Lake Rd. E in Geneva-on-the-Lake 440.466.8091
Lakefront camping, private beach, store, tavern, game room, pets welcome. Also motel rooms. Open year round.

FoxsterUK
1st August 2008, 10:28
A little off topic but...

I was driving with my son through Switzerland for the first time in June and we drove along the side of lake Geneva when I spotted a sign for Montreux. So I scrambled through the pile of CDs for a Greatest Rock Hits album and put on Smoke On The Water.

I got a huge kick out of it; it went right over my son's head of course.

Fox

Bikerchk
1st August 2008, 20:35
Looks good Danny- I will try to hook up with you!

ken c
3rd August 2008, 12:32
Danny I rode up to Geneva On The Lake Sat. Never ran into you guys. I looked around for several hours and had a good time it was a great day for a ride , in all I had about 300 miles. If you guys and gals ever want to take a ride through Amish country Let me know and I will find some good roads and things to do
Ken