PDA

View Full Version : Is there an oil-temp dip-stick for XB bikes?

Tucson_Tim
8th May 2006, 20:28
Does Buell make an oil-temperature gauge dipstick for the XB9S? Similar to the Sportster?

If so, I hope it's not chrome! :p

Aldaytona
14th May 2006, 06:09
Yes, it's called an electric fan, and no it's not chrome.

Tucson_Tim
14th May 2006, 16:43
Yes, it's called an electric fan, and no it's not chrome.

What an incredibly dumb and unhelpful response - your first post too. :frownthre :rolleyes:

The reason I asked was so I could know the oil temperature - how is a fan going to do that? And yes, I know it has a fan - I own an XB9S.

Desertfox
14th May 2006, 17:20
Actually, I haven't seen a whole lot of aftermarket stuff for Buells. They pretty much come ready to rip right out of the box. Lots of chrome pretty's doesnt really go with the Buell philosophy, And since the oil tank is the rear suspension arm, it would be kinda hard to get, much less look at I think. But then again I don't know a WHOLE lot about Buells, other than I was drooling all over the Ulysses at one of the local stealers last weekend :).

Tucson_Tim
14th May 2006, 17:25
Actually, I haven't seen a whole lot of aftermarket stuff for Buells. They pretty much come ready to rip right out of the box. Lots of chrome pretty's doesnt really go with the Buell philosophy, And since the oil tank is the rear suspension arm, it would be kinda hard to get, much less look at I think. But then again I don't know a WHOLE lot about Buells, other than I was drooling all over the Ulysses at one of the local stealers last weekend :).

I probably shouldn't worry about the oil temperature on my XB9S since, unlike the Sportster, it has an oil cooler. I was just curious.

The XBs are fun rides - puts a smile on my face every time I ride it. :tour