PDA

View Full Version : Riverside (CA) "Bike Night"

jwbradbury
20th May 2006, 00:40
Just a quick reminder...

I was over at Skip Fordyce H-D in Riverside (CA), and they said to remind all the SoCAL riders that tonight is their official "Bike Night" and things will kick off at 6:00 p.m. and run for about three hours.

They're going to have free food, a live band, a "Model Search" (bring your camera), and a poker tournament. The show room was packed with a lot of the newer XL's and of course, a TON of big twins, plus they're got a decent amount of used bikes too.

Skip does these each month and it's usually a fun Friday night "goof off" time, just watch your speed on the main drag heading in and out on the surface streets. By the way, one negative with Skip's shop, they do NOT honor the H.O.G. discounts but they do have their own in-house 10% credit program where you build a "cash card" account with each purchase and you can use the money for any purchases later on.

If you're in the area with nothing to do, drop by....

- - - Ride safe... With fists in the wind.... :tour

J.W.

greanmeany1
20th May 2006, 00:47
thank you for the info, they put on a good party over their. tonight does not work for me but thanks .

Kelley
20th May 2006, 01:03
Going to be there w/ a couple of guys from work. One on a new Deluxe and another on a new Yamaha V-star. Maybe I'll see some people there. I'll be on the black sporty w/ some kind of a Harley shirt on, shouldn't be hard to miss :laugh
I've gone to them last year and enjoyed myself and the weather should be good for a ride tonight.:tour
:banapart

jwbradbury
20th May 2006, 01:09
You can't miss me... I'm the old guy with a gray bread and mustache, riding the candy red Hugger with custom tank. Of course, the "outfit d'jour" is the black H-D shirt with blue jeans... I got my note on that one. :roflblack

J.W.

Kelley
20th May 2006, 01:11
I'll keep my eyes open for you. Hope to meet you.

jwbradbury
20th May 2006, 18:08
Just a quick note...

Several hundred bikes were at the Bike Night event over at Skip Fordyce H-D Friday night in Riverside (CA). Besides gawking at all the chromed rides, the major draw was the massive amount of free food.

Was able to meet up with Kelley and a few others from the Forum, so it was a fun event and swapped a few "road stories" while we walked around checking out the customized bikes.

Remember, one of the next possible Forum "meet-up" events here in SoCAL will be in a couple of weeks at Big Bear Chopper's "Ride the Mountain" bike show at Snow Summit up in the San Bernardino Mountains. Here's the link, which was also posted with a couple of other threads: http://www.bigbearchoppers.com/ride/index.html

Since I'm working later that day, I plan on being there in the morning since the gates will be opening at 9:30 a.m. If you think you might be able to make this event, post a note and maybe we can arrange a time just to say "Hi" when we arrive.

- - - Ride safe... With fists in the wind.... :tour

J.W.

Kelley
21st May 2006, 02:03
It was great meeting JW and got to see Itsshemp, his wife Rachel and his buddy Ron. Lot's of bikes, free food, live band and riding friends. Went there w/ a couple of guys from work.
They do this every third Friday and w/ the weather we are having it's going to get bigger in the next couple of months.
There was even an Exile bike there. At first I thought it was someone going for that look but it was a true Exile. Nice clean bike.