PDA

View Full Version : Almost had one here in SoCal

Johnny G
19th June 2006, 02:41
Well as all the SoCal members go you all know I have been looking for Sportster owners up here in Ventura so I might have someone to ride sportsters with on the weeks that I don't go 100 miles south to meet the rest of the gang, so get this. I was at a parking lot party at my friends local HD dealer yesterday and this young couple ride up on a 1200C like mine and immediately I think a prime candidate for a forum member and a riding companion so I approach this guy and introduce myself and complement him on his Sportster and ask him where he lives, come to find out he lives about a mile from me so now this gets better I tell him I am a member of the XL forum and he said he never heard of it and could care less he just bought to hang out at some local bike hangout where all the rough guy biker crowd hangs out. After his attitude I realize this guy and his squeeze has about 1000.00 worth of HD clothes and leather on and he has a ton of patches on his jacket that make him look like a real bad ass , so this gets better about a half a hour later I see his squeeze putting fake tattoos on his arms and it was everything I could do to keep laughing. This couple was RUB or Pose what ever you chose to call it. After the total don't mess with me I'm a bad ass biker attatude I totally gave up on the possibility of a local sporty owner to ride local with so I guess I travel to the south and ride with my great ride partners ( The SoCal gang)

sportysrock
19th June 2006, 02:45
That's too funny!!! Just wait until he spies you getting gas and asks about doing a Stage 1 because he doesn't know what it is!!!

Moker
19th June 2006, 02:47
wait, so i shouldn't put on the lick 'em stick 'em tattoo's anymore?

:(

crud

roadogette
19th June 2006, 02:48
I've run into the same type of people here on the East Coast. I just ignore them. Most of my riding is done with my boyfriend, or alone.

Johnny G
19th June 2006, 02:49
wait, so i shouldn't put on the lick 'em stick 'em tattoo's anymore?

:(

crud
No its OK if you do it , I would actually be disappointed if you didn't

snowman
19th June 2006, 02:51
Should have asked him why he was driving his girlfriend's bike...:roflblack:roflblack:roflblack

xena
19th June 2006, 02:55
....so I approach this guy and introduce myself and compliment him on his Sportster and ask him where he lives, come to find out he lives about a mile from me so now this gets better I tell him I am a member of the XL forum and he said he never heard of it and could care less he just bought to hang out at some local bike hangout where all the rough guy biker crowd hangs out.

Hahahaha. Just wait til that "rough guy biker crowd" call his
sporty girls bike! Doesn't sound like he has the cookies to
handle that! :roflblack :roflblack :roflblack :roflblack :roflblack

Johnny G
19th June 2006, 02:57
Should have asked him why he was driving his girlfriend's bike...:roflblack:roflblack:roflblack
He was smart enough to ask if I had done some work to my bike because it looks different than his , and he also asked how comes mine sounded cool compared to his. When I started talking about stage 1 upgrades he just went dumb on me

snowman
19th June 2006, 02:59
I doubt if his/hers looked anywhere near as good as your's does.....:banana:banana:banana

Johnny G
19th June 2006, 03:01
I was laughing real hard at the fact that they were wearing a ton of brand new HD clothes , Chaps, Leather jackets and face mask with the painted on skull face , HD leather boots and so on, I don't even think most of the bikers that they are hanging out with are even allowed in a HD store or have the money to buy anything if they were. You really had to be there for the whole affect

snowman
19th June 2006, 03:03
The skull face?????:roflblack:roflblack:roflblack:roflblack:

carl2124
19th June 2006, 03:09
Well maybe he is a suck ass pretend rider also....-I LUV XLF!--I LUV XLF!--I LUV XLF!-:censor RUBs can bite it with a left hand turner for all I care..

Johnny G
19th June 2006, 03:10
The skull face?????:roflblack:roflblack:roflblack:roflblack:
Ya it was a rib buster :roflblack

LuxBlue
19th June 2006, 03:31
In about 3 years someone will want to buy that Sporty with only 100 miles on it! If the dork doesn't lay it down in his driveway. :roflblack

Johnny G
19th June 2006, 03:33
In about 3 years someone will want to buy that Sporty with only 100 miles on it! If the dork doesn't lay it down in his driveway. :roflblack
WOW you give him that long :doh

serialZer0
19th June 2006, 03:42
OK, Maybe I am completely oblivious, but people actually act like that!? I mean seriously - buy an HD just to hang out at a "rough" biker bar?! I am baffled......

cherry_Bobber
19th June 2006, 03:58
OK, Maybe I am completely oblivious, but people actually act like that!? I mean seriously - buy an HD just to hang out at a "rough" biker bar?! I am baffled......

Yeah, WTH? :doh

I have/had a stash of fake "24 Hour Fitness" Heart-shaped(aka "Mother" etc.) tattoos if you want one to give to him the next time you see him.:roflblack

The only good part of the story is that I think I will add on to a couple of my tats. :D With washable marker!! :roflblack

serialZer0
19th June 2006, 04:01
sharpies last longer... :D

Johnny G
19th June 2006, 04:10
Ya and since modern day technologies you can get them in different colors

bs2100
19th June 2006, 04:17
The skull mask thing would be nice for some instances, but they look a little silly with certain designs. If I ever got one I'd just get a plain black half face, the rest just seem like halloween stuff to me.

http://www.jpcycles.com/productgroup.aspx?GID=A07ECE8C-A2DC-47FE-8CAE-02D58D73C45C

Johnny G
19th June 2006, 04:20
The skull mask thing would be nice for some instances, but they look a little silly with certain designs. If I ever got one I'd just get a plain black half face, the rest just seem like halloween stuff to me.

http://www.jpcycles.com/productgroup.aspx?GID=A07ECE8C-A2DC-47FE-8CAE-02D58D73C45C
Oh I have a plain one for cold windy rides on the freeway but it was 90 degrees out and they damn near scared me pulling into the parking lot

bs2100
19th June 2006, 04:24
Oh I have a plain one for cold windy rides on the freeway but it was 90 degrees out and they damn near scared me pulling into the parking lot

Well....did they at least say "trick or treat"?

But my brother is probably going to buy one for when we drive from Fl to Sturgis in a few years. He has a beard and said something about how after a long time of all the wind against it it just annoys him, so covering it with that will be nice for the long mile days. Not to mention less of a chance to get your face roasted.

Johnny G
19th June 2006, 04:29
Ya if they would have said trick or treat I could have put a cold beer in there bag. Tell your bro to Just cut a hole in the bottom and pull his beard through it, it looks funny but we all can use a good laugh every now and then

jwb47
19th June 2006, 04:32
I have some bug guts I scraped of my leather jacket . do you think there is a market for that kinda stuff?
this just confirms my theory all the squirrels dont live in the woods:laugh

Johnny G
19th June 2006, 04:44
I have some bug guts I scraped of my leather jacket . do you think there is a market for that kinda stuff?
this just confirms my theory all the squirrels dont live in the woods:laugh
:roflblack :roflblack :roflblack :roflblack :roflblack :roflblack :roflblack :roflblack

greanmeany1
19th June 2006, 05:21
Well as all the SoCal members go you all know I have been looking for Sportster owners up here in Ventura so I might have someone to ride sportsters with on the weeks that I don't go 100 miles south to meet the rest of the gang, so get this. I was at a parking lot party at my friends local HD dealer yesterday and this young couple ride up on a 1200C like mine and immediately I think a prime candidate for a forum member and a riding companion so I approach this guy and introduce myself and complement him on his Sportster and ask him where he lives, come to find out he lives about a mile from me so now this gets better I tell him I am a member of the XL forum and he said he never heard of it and could care less he just bought to hang out at some local bike hangout where all the rough guy biker crowd hangs out. After his attitude I realize this guy and his squeeze has about 1000.00 worth of HD clothes and leather on and he has a ton of patches on his jacket that make him look like a real bad ass , so this gets better about a half a hour later I see his squeeze putting fake tattoos on his arms and it was everything I could do to keep laughing. This couple was RUB or Pose what ever you chose to call it. After the total don't mess with me I'm a bad ass biker attatude I totally gave up on the possibility of a local sporty owner to ride local with so I guess I travel to the south and ride with my great ride partners ( The SoCal gang)

you tried to cheet on us but we still love you:banarock

MusclePump
19th June 2006, 06:08

Hahah those are awesome!

AZFlyingDiver
19th June 2006, 06:11
Get him one of these...http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f279/AZFlyingDiver/Sportster%20-%20misc/LTPback.jpg
indyrednek had 'em made up - hilarious...

Johnny G
19th June 2006, 06:17
Get him one of these...http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f279/AZFlyingDiver/Sportster%20-%20misc/LTPback.jpg
indyrednek had 'em made up - hilarious...
Not to change the subject but how do I get one of those shirts??:smoke

Johnny G
19th June 2006, 06:18
you tried to cheet on us but we still love you:banarock
I was not cheating I was just trying to add to our collection of fine sportster owners and guess what ? This one failed :roflblack

Winberry Farms
19th June 2006, 15:45
I am surprised others do not see this in them as well. LOL Thats probably the kind of people they hang out with as well....Fake tats...Now you have me giggly....

Gone
19th June 2006, 15:52
I'm thinking its the guys little lady that wants to hang out with the"rough biker crowd." Don't sound like the dude is up to taking care of his homework.

Bikerdude
19th June 2006, 16:00
:laugh

eBay and big $$$$...here I come....patents pending.."BuyBugsBigBoy":roflblack