PDA

View Full Version : Pipes, pipes, pipes.

BonRu
21st February 2005, 23:45
I've noticed that several of you are the "go to" guys/gals for advice, and I need some of that. I have bored out stock pipes, with the baffles removed. The carb has been appropriately re-jetted, but the bike still has a deep throaty sound; which isn't altogether terrible, kind of naughty sounding, but not obnoxious. It isn't really loud though, just nice and deep and smooth. I think I'd like it to be a bit louder, but not annoying. I have a friend with a Soft Tail Deuce who bought the Screaming Eagle pipes, and his sound is almost a loud clanging sound (I don't really like that). Is there a comparable replacement pipe that keeps the same deep sound that I already have, but allows my bike to be a bit louder?

Thanks Peepus!
Bon

RedRider
21st February 2005, 23:52
If the Screamin' Eagle slip-ons don't suit yer tastes, ya may wanna look at the Cycle Shack slip-ons. They're supposed to be a little deeper sounding than the SEII's, and a bit louder.

S&S is supposed to make a slip-on that makes nice power, but I haven't heard much about their sound. Good luck to ya.

barry1967
22nd February 2005, 00:03
I second the Cycle Shacks. Loud and throaty. I like mine.

I may sell them though in favor of the LSR system. Waiting for Turbota and one other member to post their results with them.

BonRu
22nd February 2005, 19:36
Alright guys, I took your advice, did a little more research, and decided to order the Cycle Shacks. I'll let you know how it goes; should have them by Friday, so I can try them out over the weekend. I'll go find an overpass and see if I like 'em! Can't wait! :laugh

Moved On
22nd February 2005, 20:52
I like my cycle shacks also!!!

Gazza